Travel with Tacx Neo Smart

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.

by eurgo

Hopefully, this is the right board to post on! I travel a lot for work, and I am wondering if anyone has any experience traveling/flying with the Tacx Neo Smart trainer. I am hoping to fit it into a carry on bag. Not sure if there is a way to break down the trainer further to make it more compact.

If anyone has experience flying with this trainer, I would love to hear about how you did it, what bag you used, and if you had to break it down beyond just folding it up.

by ms6073

I have not flown with the Tacx Neo, but having traveled extensively by air for cyclocross races several years back, I had no issues storing a Tacx Bushido in the overhead bin for flights on Boeing 737 and larger aircraft, but unless you can find a way to easily remove/attach the 'wings', I suspect a Neo will be to wide to fit into overhead storage. Furthermore, the Neo will be a non-starter on smaller regional jets & turbo props as the overhead for these aircraft are typically half the depth and 2/3 the height.
Last edited by ms6073 on Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Michael - The Anaerobic Threshold is neither...

by Weenie

by PinaF8

You will not be able to fit that Neo in the overhead compartment and will need to be checked. I suggest picking up a smaller trainer. I will not trust any baggage handler moving that Neo around and I will not be surprised to arrive damaged to your destination.
2018 BMC SLR01

by MayhemSWE

Surely the Neo weighs way too much to qualify for carry on luggage? I know my KICKR certainly does…