Garmin Powermeter question

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

PrettyA

by PrettyA

Hey guys, I found a really good deal at my LBS about the garmin vector 2 powermeter for around 700usd and I'm wondering if I should pull the trigger on it since it would go nicely with my Edge 1000. Do you guys think it's a worthy buy since I heard the vector 3 is just around the corner. Should I get the vector 2 now or wait for the vector 3?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

3Pio

by 3Pio

PrettyA wrote:Hey guys, I found a really good deal at my LBS about the garmin vector 2 powermeter for around 700usd and I'm wondering if I should pull the trigger on it since it would go nicely with my Edge 1000. Do you guys think it's a worthy buy since I heard the vector 3 is just around the corner. Should I get the vector 2 now or wait for the vector 3?

I would not buy Garmin Vector 2 for 700 USD.

Better order the Favero Assioma Pedals, there is allready some coupons for 10% discounts. And for now look like much better option vs other pedals option. Still i would wait few days more just to check Vector 3 options/reviews and their price..

Kaboom

by Kaboom

I would buy them.

Heck i bought them second hand a month ago for 700€ and they were the cheapest pair going in the whole of Spain. I crashed and injured my wrist and hip just before receiving them so I haven't really been able to give them the beans, but so far I'm loving them.

400$ off MSRP isn't bad at all of they aren't beat up and don't have a million miles in them. If you want to wait for the vector 3s, expect to pay full MSRP for them. That's a sizeable chunk of cash.

I concur with 3pio though, if you're looking in the 700$ range, I would DEFINATELY be considering the new Assiomas...

jin28h

by jin28h

Go ! I heard that if you want newest model, buy it just before to die....

PrettyA

by PrettyA

3Pio wrote:
PrettyA wrote:Hey guys, I found a really good deal at my LBS about the garmin vector 2 powermeter for around 700usd and I'm wondering if I should pull the trigger on it since it would go nicely with my Edge 1000. Do you guys think it's a worthy buy since I heard the vector 3 is just around the corner. Should I get the vector 2 now or wait for the vector 3?

Better order the Favero Assioma Pedals, there is allready some coupons for 10% discounts. And for now look like much better option vs other pedals option. Still i would wait few days more just to check Vector 3 options/reviews and their price..

Seems like a good option, where can I get the 10% discount?

3Pio

by 3Pio

PrettyA wrote:
3Pio wrote:

https://www.dcrainmaker.com/2012/10/swe ... lever.html

Go on clevertraining and use the code: DCR10BTF

Still i contact the clevertraining.co.uk because they dont deliver to my country, and the whole response (including time) was very unprofessional (for example they did not wanted to exclude VAT for export in non-EU country, which is my first experience like this), so personally i'll avoid them. But it can work for some other country's

Keep an eye on https://www.powermeter24.com/en/favero- ... power-1071

For me they look like much better company to work with

jekyll man

by jekyll man

3Pio wrote:
PrettyA wrote:
3Pio wrote:

Still i contact the clevertraining.co.uk because they dont deliver to my country, and the whole response (including time) was very unprofessional (for example they did not wanted to exclude VAT for export in non-EU country, which is my first experience like this), so personally i'll avoid them. But it can work for some other country's

You might want to do some research before recommending or even using them!!! Many a person has been led down their path with promises of good prices, only to find once they've taken your money, its out of stock, and don't know when it will be either. Absolute ballache to get a refund from too.
Official cafe stop tester

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

3Pio

by 3Pio

jekyll man wrote:
3Pio wrote:
PrettyA wrote:
3Pio wrote:

You might want to do some research before recommending or even using them!!! Many a person has been led down their path with promises of good prices, only to find once they've taken your money, its out of stock, and don't know when it will be either. Absolute ballache to get a refund from too.

Thank u for warning.. I just saw that bike-components have them listed for the same price https://www.bike-components.de/en/Faver ... ls-p57939/

So If i order , ill do it from bike-components.de where i ussually ordering my parts in last period