Looking for Lake CX237, CX332, Bont Vaypor +, S-Works S6 owners

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

parleez1

by parleez1

KCookie wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:49 am
Rone69 wrote: Just ordered the 237s as these are wider in general and have just realized that the heal is replaceable by a screw. I do prefer the look and feel of the 332s but need comfy feet. Such a nightmare trying to find the perfect fit.
Hopefully your new shoes fit well.
Cheers

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
I am in the same boat looking for wide shoes with a high toe box to fit me feet with Morton's neuroma and hammer toes. Went to a shop this weekend and tried on Suplest Edge 3 Pro, Lake CX237, Lake CX402, Sidi Ergo4 Mega, Fizik Uomo R1 and Shimano S-Phyre. I found the leather in the Lake CX237 to be somewhat stiff, the CX402 must be heat molded and feel terrible when trying on if not molded to your feet (an expensive leap of faith) , the Suplest were very nice and very pricey, but ultimately not wide enough, the Fizik to narrow, the Shimano had a plastic piece where the wire lace attached right on top of the knuckle in my hammer toe that rubbed against it, so what' left? Oh yea, the Sidi Ergo4 Mega, yes, they fit like a dream! It's rare to be find so many different high end brands, all in my size, so I feel I had a good selection to choose from. I have not tried Boot (but am told the toe box is very low), Northwave, or DMT. I have previously tried Specialized S-Works 6 and the newer Torch 3.0, neither fit my feet well. Good luck with your search!

KCookie

by KCookie

Totally agree with the Lake 402s. They feel terrible at the heal, so without heat moulding them your not going to know how they fit.
I bought the Lake 237s and dont like them at all. As you said the leather is hard and they are bloody heavy. I'm actually loosing skin off my toes.
Tried on the Shimano RC9s yesterday and they feel great. Will go a head and buy those.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Last edited by KCookie on Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Malammik

by Malammik

commendatore wrote:
Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:39 pm
The S-works are wide in name only. So pass on that.
I second that opinion. I have new Shimano s-Phyfe in wide and they are great.

KCookie

by KCookie

Malammik wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:10 pm
commendatore wrote:
Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:39 pm
The S-works are wide in name only. So pass on that.
I second that opinion. I have new Shimano s-Phyfe in wide and they are great.
That's good to know as I ordered a pair of RC9s yesterday.:)

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

jlok wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:22 am
@Rone69

FYI I have a similar dimensions as your foot do, 278 x 115 according to your method of measurement.

Bont Riot+ 44.5 Asian Fit (wider toe width and lower toe volume) almost fit me perfectly but still not wide enough at the little toe area. Crashed it a couple of days ago.

Shimano RC7 Wide 44 fits almost ok but got hot spot / sore at the bottom of the toe box area (which could suggest not wide enough?). Toe overlapping and it's going to break by the tire.

Considering CX301 wide but according to comments here I think I need extra wide...

Any other wide shoes suggestion??
I've been building a database of shoe sizes and the foot dimensions that seem to best fit them, from that I would say you're actually a 45.

jlok

by jlok

Indeed. In the end I got the Vaypor + 2016 in 45 wide, with Lake carbon mouldable insole.
Rikulau V9 DB Custom < BMC TM02 < Litespeed T1sl Disc < Giant Propel Advanced SL Disc 1 < Propel Adv < TCR Adv SL Disc < KTM Revelator Sky < CAAD 12 Disc < Domane S Disc < Alize < CAAD 10

Nobby

by Nobby

Have not read all the posts but

I have Bont Vaypor + in double wide ( I think it's now the previous model, had for ~1.5-2 year)

I had a custom order made after doing the size measurement on their website which was pretty spot on. I did quite a bit of heat moulding around the heel to get the hold I wanted. They've been great so far.

Ventilation doesn't look great looking at them but I've never had any problems with heat; including riding in Thailand for 7 months. Just wear good socks.

Took a while to get made but have be hien worth it!

Sent from my XT1572 using Tapatalk

Rone69

by Rone69

Finally I got the Lake CX332, some small events, including a change of size, have delayed the arrival, but it seems to be worth it.
I chose the Extra Wide 45, the 44.5it's a little bit short, these shoes have a very wide, the widest I've ever tried and they have a lot of volume at the toe box, toes remain comfortable and there is enough space to move enough the toes.
The materials and the workmanship seem to be excellent, the last series produced assembles the Boa Ip1 instead of L6: mrgreen :.
For now I have done a roller training and a 3-hour output and the sensations are good, during the indoor session I had no problem or warming foot.
As far as ventilation is concerned, I would like to comment on next summer.
for now I have not felt the need to model the heel counter, it is well fitted even so.
The sole have less arc supporto than DMT R1 and is less shaped than the one of the DMT R1 that I used lately, this allowed me to insert a thermoformed insole, perhaps also thanks to this I had the feeling of having less tensions in the legs and to pedal better.

I take this opportunity to thank the staff of Lake Cycling in particular Mr. Bob Maas for his professionalism and availability.

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

Excellent to hear the Lake fit well.

Interesting that you chose the 45 extra wide, as I would say while your foot is broad it's not exceptionally wide. Just my opinion as a Podiatrist/someone who takes note of this stuff.

Rone69

by Rone69

Tinea Pedis wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:41 am
Excellent to hear the Lake fit well.

Interesting that you chose the 45 extra wide, as I would say while your foot is broad it's not exceptionally wide. Just my opinion as a Podiatrist/someone who takes note of this stuff.
I've also some problem of poor blood flow, and a roomy shoes can help me.

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

Still don't see how your foot is wide enough for superficial blood for to be impinged. A narrow shoe certainly has the capacity to cause numbness (regardless of foot shape), but that's a neurological impingement - not arterial.

Looking at the attached outline of your foot, it looks more like you were also simply in a shoe size too small. Not one that wasn't broad enough. That said if the extra wide feel comfortable that is excellent. I'm just glad you went up to a 45.

Rone69

by Rone69

Maybe 45 it's a little bit longer, but it's very comfortable

UpFromOne

by UpFromOne

Tinea Pedis wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:42 pm
I've been building a database of shoe sizes and the foot dimensions that seem to best fit them, from that I would say you're actually a 45.
That would be awesome!
I always wished the shoe makers would just list the dimensions (length + width) of their shoe sizes.
Because we have all wasted much time & funds with cycling footwear.

Ginsterdrz

by Ginsterdrz

Wide foot brother here!

Forget about the Torch 3, it’s just an S-Works from a few years back (Spec won’t admit or tell you that!)

THE best shoe in the Spec range is the Torch 2. Totally different in fit and shape to the 3. The toebox is wider and has more room. Unless you’re an all out racer, the 2 will be stiff enough. Its the highlight of the Torch range.

The Spec dealer should have a thermal heat board to get your size and arch height determined for the foootbed insert.

mrgray

by mrgray

glad to here the OP got a good shoe that fits well but like Tinea i don't think your feet are really that wide. My feet are very similar and whilst i cannot wear SIDI things aren't too bad.

anyway i wanted to put a plug in here for Suplest. I bought a pair of these (size 45) and they have so much toe box room. A very good shoe i think and highly recommended for those without narrow feet.
Bobo S&S Steel Bike - 7.5 kg
Oltre XR2- 6.6 kg
Look 585 - 6.8 kg
Look 695 SR :D

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com