Specialized Seat post clamp woes

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

StickyBottle

by StickyBottle

Hi all,

The seat post clamp on my 2017 Specialized Tarmac SL4 Elite has decided to crack!

Now as with all my other bikes sourcing a spare clamp has never been an issue, until now!
The clamp clearly states 32.6 on it & to me this is obviously Spesh specific size, so off to the interwebs I went & it's turned out that 32.6 clamps are as rare as hens teeth! Awesome! :roll:

I was wondering whether anybody here has experienced the same problem & has managed to source this elusive sized clamp!

I know there is one called the Carbon Ti X in this size but £38 for a clamp! there must be an alternative? :shock:

Thank you for reading! :)
Attachments
clamp.jpg

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

MayhemSWE

by MayhemSWE

Ask your local Specialized dealer to order the original part for you? Might even get one as a warranty replacement.

morganb

by morganb

You'll have to go through a Specialized dealer. I have seen these break before and I know other non-Spec shops called the shop I was working at to see if we could get them because they couldn't source anything that size.

StickyBottle

by StickyBottle

MayhemSWE wrote:Ask your local Specialized dealer to order the original part for you? Might even get one as a warranty replacement.

That is definitely one route I could take. I would have expected it to be an available mass produced part! thanks for your reply :thumbup: :thumbup:

morganb wrote:You'll have to go through a Specialized dealer. I have seen these break before and I know other non-Spec shops called the shop I was working at to see if we could get them because they couldn't source anything that size.

Seems to be a common occurence! I've seen the exact one listed in the Specialized US online, but it's listed as no longer available in the UK which is a bit unsettling for a 2017 bike! :shock: