Campagnolo V3 EPS firmware download error code

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

jimmyduc

by jimmyduc

Setting up new Campy V3 EPS SR, everything is fine except one of the firmware downloads (for the power unit) wont complete. I keep getting an error code. It shows updated firmware available for download, but wont let me complete it.

Ive reset Campy EPS with magnet. Re-paired bluetooth, re-installed mycampy app, made sure iphone6 software uptodate. Any ideas?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

RichTheRoadie
Tinker, Taylor, Tart

by RichTheRoadie

jimmyduc

by jimmyduc

Hey thanks, ive tried all that- mycampy on iphone 6 pairs fine with V3 EPS, its just the final firmware update for the power unit that wont go thru. I reached Campagnolo North America, he said there are some issues with iphones, and that sometimes pairing an android phone to the the EPS will solve the issue. It has something, he says, to do with a blip in the bluetooth signal from eps to iphone, and then the iphone shuts down the communication for security reasons. It just seems odd that I could carry out the first two updates.

Ive gone through all the steps noted in the prior link- it seems everything is working fine except the firmware update for the power unit. I was able to complete the updates for interface and one other.

Thanks-
Jimmy

graeme_f_k
Shop Owner / Manufacturer

by graeme_f_k

jimmyduc wrote:Hey thanks, ive tried all that- mycampy on iphone 6 pairs fine with V3 EPS, its just the final firmware update for the power unit that wont go thru. I reached Campagnolo North America, he said there are some issues with iphones, and that sometimes pairing an android phone to the the EPS will solve the issue. It has something, he says, to do with a blip in the bluetooth signal from eps to iphone, and then the iphone shuts down the communication for security reasons. It just seems odd that I could carry out the first two updates.

Ive gone through all the steps noted in the prior link- it seems everything is working fine except the firmware update for the power unit. I was able to complete the updates for interface and one other.

Thanks-
Jimmy

Campagnolo NA are correct.

In the UK, we've had very few problems with Android, multiple issues with iPhone as Apple migrate iOS versions.
Your experience reflects that of other users.

Do you have a Campag ProShop anywhere near you? It might be worth checking with them - we recommend to ProShops in the UK that they keep an Android device rather than relying on staff devices etc as many might otherwise be inclined to do ...
A Tech-Reps work is never done ...
Head Tech, Campagnolo main UK ASC
Pls contact via velotechcycling"at"aim"dot"com, not PM, for a quicker answer. Thanks!

Xyfas

by Xyfas

I also have this issue. I have updated all except the power unit. I get a pop up that says an "error occurred".

I also did reset/unpair voodoo and it pairs up fine and my campy works fine as well, it's just the power unit update that doesn't work.

This btw is on an android phone, a Galaxy s8.

spookyload

by spookyload

It sucks, but keep trying to update it. It took the third time for mine to work. When it would fail, I would turn it off with the battery strap, try again. Didn't unpair it or anything. Turned the phone off and on as well, but didn't unpair it.

jimmyduc

by jimmyduc

just a bit frustrating, in all other respects the V3 EPS is exquisite, its the mycampy app and firmware upgrades which dont seem to work. I dont have a Campy Pro Shop less than 2 hours away, otherwise id just take the bike to the shop. Hopefully, it seems enough people are having trouble that campy can address the software glitches.

I wonder how many endusers have been fully successful with the firmware upgrades? Especially with iphone and ios, but also with android phones.

Jimmy

jdecraene85

by jdecraene85

I tried with numerous iPhones and numerous Android phones. It doesn't work. So it's really not the phone that's the problem.
I did take my bike to my local bike shop. They have ample experience with Campagnolo EPS V3. They even had their specific Campagnolo contact person come over and have a look at it. None of them could make it work.
Says it all really.
End result: 3000+ euro Campy SR EPS groupset locked into update mode, no connection with Garmin/smartphone and a battery draining three to four times as fast due to connection problems.
Never buying Campagnolo EPS again.

Greatestalltime

by Greatestalltime

This has me scared to buy EPS. So the question is Dura Ace on a De Rosa Protos or mechanical Campy. I'd like to hear more positives about EPS. Obviously people post when they have problems. I'm sure plenty don't have any. It still makes me skeptical about purchasing eps when I read about the problems.

jimmyduc

by jimmyduc

the EPS works beautifully otherwise- looking more closely at Campys explanantion for power unit firmware upgrades, it seems the most recent upgrade has something to do with disc brakes, which is meaningless to me. Functionally, the V3 EPS works flawlessly, the interface with Garmin Edge 520 is perfect as well, showing gears and ratios perfectly also battery condition of EPS. The right sided mode button works as a remote for the Garmin, so to scroll thru pages you dont need to touch the Garmin 520.

My battery life is too early to assess, but pairing EPS with the phone works fine. Hopefully the minor bug in software can be remedied, but as far as the functionality and aesthetics, there are no complaints! It looks beautiful, and functions great, with quick smooth shifts.

jjde34

by jjde34

Hello,

I am in France, and I have the same issues with a Galaxy S8..... cannot update power unit firmware
After contacting Campy, here the aswer :

Gentleman,

Sincere apologies for the delay, due to summer closure lasted all the month long.

R&D is currently striving to sort out this problem, peculiarly suffered on certain android mobiles.
Have you switched off and on the system after having updated the other two firmwares?

By the way, My Campy version 2.0 is going to be presented at Eurobike in a very few days. Completely redesigned graphic, and much more reliable platform.

Jacopo Maretto
Customer Service Representative

The new version may be fixing the problem, I hope so !

Jean Jacques

spookyload

by spookyload

jimmyduc wrote:the EPS works beautifully otherwise- looking more closely at Campys explanantion for power unit firmware upgrades, it seems the most recent upgrade has something to do with disc brakes, which is meaningless to me. Functionally, the V3 EPS works flawlessly, the interface with Garmin Edge 520 is perfect as well, showing gears and ratios perfectly also battery condition of EPS. The right sided mode button works as a remote for the Garmin, so to scroll thru pages you dont need to touch the Garmin 520.

My battery life is too early to assess, but pairing EPS with the phone works fine. Hopefully the minor bug in software can be remedied, but as far as the functionality and aesthetics, there are no complaints! It looks beautiful, and functions great, with quick smooth shifts.

I have the updates installed, but can't control my Garmin 820 with my mode button. Is there a setting for that?

cyclist2002

by cyclist2002

I had same problem in Brazil, no wireless and bluetooth connection after update - Iphone 6

Any clue to solve this or just warranty claims to work????

thanks

Yuri

LePouletTrapu

by LePouletTrapu

spookyload wrote:
jimmyduc wrote:the EPS works beautifully otherwise- looking more closely at Campys explanantion for power unit firmware upgrades, it seems the most recent upgrade has something to do with disc brakes, which is meaningless to me. Functionally, the V3 EPS works flawlessly, the interface with Garmin Edge 520 is perfect as well, showing gears and ratios perfectly also battery condition of EPS. The right sided mode button works as a remote for the Garmin, so to scroll thru pages you dont need to touch the Garmin 520.

I have the updates installed, but can't control my Garmin 820 with my mode button. Is there a setting for that?

You just need to search for an edge remote in the sensors section and it will find the Eps unit and it should work after that. I find it's not as quick at responding as the proper remote, but gets the job done and looks way neater.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

spookyload

by spookyload

LePouletTrapu wrote:
spookyload wrote:

You just need to search for an edge remote in the sensors section and it will find the Eps unit and it should work after that. I find it's not as quick at responding as the proper remote, but gets the job done and looks way neater.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Thanks!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com