Pinarello F10, F8, or Bianchi Oltre XR4? (edit: + Canyon Ultimate CF CLX Disc)

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Shortsocks

by Shortsocks

matrix wrote:
Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:21 am
"F8 if you want to save money and get a stiff race winning machine"

"F10 if you have too much money to spare (+looks) for the same performance"

Is what I keep getting told.
That's a really good way of explaining it. I rode both of them, and couldn't feel a difference. Honestly it came down to the color. They both rode exceptionally well. I went with the F8, and put the money into a new Cockpit/Wheelset/Saddle/
One thing though this bike can't fit anything larger than a 25 or 26mm. That may be a big issue for some people.

This F8 is actually much more comfortable than I thought, stiff yet easy. I don't see the point on spending that really big diff unless you want the latest and greatest of just have a ton of cash to burn. For me anyway, that's the way I saw it.

Here's the end product. (EE brakes are the last thing, and I'm not into the Di2 shifting)

tabl10s

by tabl10s

Shortsocks wrote:
Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:42 pm
matrix wrote:
Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:21 am
"F8 if you want to save money and get a stiff race winning machine"

"F10 if you have too much money to spare (+looks) for the same performance"

Is what I keep getting told.
That's a really good way of explaining it. I rode both of them, and couldn't feel a difference. Honestly it came down to the color. They both rode exceptionally well. I went with the F8, and put the money into a new Cockpit/Wheelset/Saddle/
One thing though this bike can't fit anything larger than a 25 or 26mm. That may be a big issue for some people.

This F8 is actually much more comfortable than I thought, stiff yet easy. I don't see the point on spending that really big diff unless you want the latest and greatest of just have a ton of cash to burn. For me anyway, that's the way I saw it.

Here's the end product. (EE brakes are the last thing, and I'm not into the Di2 shifting)

Nice picture(black goes with everything).
2015 Pinarello F8: 13.13lbs/5.915kg(w/Roval 64's). Sold.
2016 Rca: 11.07lbs/5.048kg.
2015 Rca. 11.15 lbs(w/Roval CLX 32's)
2015 Rca/NOS(sold).
2018 S-Works SL6 Ultralight 12.03lbs(w/Roval CLX 50's)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com