Pinarello F10, F8, or Bianchi Oltre XR4? (edit: + Canyon Ultimate CF CLX Disc)

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

matrix

by matrix

My Sworks Venge Vias '16 Rim Brake sustained a hairline crack on the seat stays earlier this month through prolonged use (no crashes).. But definitely a topic for another post.

I'm potentially in the market for a newer race machine that combines : looks, performance, and warranty. Also want to add that I ride and race at least 200mi a week.

In terms of looks, Pinarello has darker tones, while the Bianchi surely draws the attention of any passerby. Of course one could custom paint a bike, but that's too much work and time not spent in the saddle.

My bike shop told me that the Pinarello f8 is a highly reactive and stiff frame. One of the employees races Cat 2 on it, but you can't go wrong with the Oltre Xr4 either. Regardless of which bike I'm getting, I'm considering the Vision Metron 5D bars to go along with the build too.

I would like to hear thoughts from the community. . .What would you get between the 3 ?
Last edited by matrix on Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:43 am, edited 2 times in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

audiojan

by audiojan

Partial since I have a F8... but that's what I would pick. The difference between the F10 and the F8 is hard to justify when you look at the price you can get a closeout F8 for... The F8 rides like nothing else I've tried (and it's been many...), perfectly balanced, descends perfectly, snappy in the sprint (I used to be a sprinter and still have some of that top end power left), yet super comfortable. It's really approaching the perfect bike.

I would also recommend that you look at Pinarello's own Most Talon Aero. Blends perfectly with the frame and are oh so comfortable.
"Suddenly the thought struck me; my floor is someone elses ceiling" - Nils Ferlin

Radiokopf

by Radiokopf

Take the Oltre.... The Pinas are overpriced.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

cunn1n9

by cunn1n9

Just went thru this and considered these 3 plus a few others.

Got an f8 demo model with a full warranty. Was half the price of an f10. Only real advantage of f10 is more room for wider tyres (if you want to run them).

Bianchi XR4 is nice but almost as expensive as f10. However f8, f10 has a proper BB (threads). Plus from Tour Magazine data we know that F8 is as aero as S5 plus has great ride quality.

F10 at double price is hard to justify and XR4 is too.

Love the F8.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MRM

by MRM

If you don't need the latest and greatest go for the F8. Getting a model on sale is decent value for such a good bike.

MyM3Coupe

by MyM3Coupe

Get the Bianchi for sure. Pinarello says "fashion queen." Lot of technology in the Bianchi.

snowdevlin

by snowdevlin

MyM3Coupe wrote:Get the Bianchi for sure. Pinarello says "fashion queen." Lot of technology in the Bianchi.

You really do not miss a single change to trash Pinarello, don't you?

Again I ask you, have you been abused by one as a child?
There are some serious issues there bro...

PinaF8

by PinaF8

Just like his username "fashion queen". What a troll.
S-WORKS VENGE 1ST GEN
PINARELLO F8
PINARELLO F10
2018 BMC SLR01
2019 SCOTT SPARK RC 900

Boshk

by Boshk

cunn1n9 wrote:Just went thru this and considered these 3 plus a few others.

Got an f8 demo model with a full warranty. Was half the price of an f10. ...

Love the F8.

There's demo F8 bikes where you are??
It only Frameset in the LBS here and even then, you can't even touch the frames haha let alone demo a F8.

I asked how light the frame was and lifted the frame off the hooks.....I could feel a pair of hands hovering just to the side of me
Last edited by Boshk on Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

snowdevlin

by snowdevlin

PinaF8 wrote:Just like his username "fashion queen". What a troll.

LOL

Totally agree on that.

My guess is that 80% of his contribution to the forum, is talking trash about pinarello.
He doesn't even care to explain why for, what brand/ model to choose instead/ what he considers to be the best.

stockae92

by stockae92

wondering whats the max tire width for F8? What about F10?

Thanks.

Got an f8 demo model with a full warranty. Was half the price of an f10. Only real advantage of f10 is more room for wider tyres (if you want to run them).

Bianchi XR4 is nice but almost as expensive as f10. However f8, f10 has a proper BB (threads). Plus from Tour Magazine data we know that F8 is as aero as S5 plus has great ride quality.

Love the F8.

PinaF8

by PinaF8

stockae92 wrote:wondering whats the max tire width for F8? What about F10?

Thanks.

Love the F8.

F8 25mm but you are pushing the limit with some tire brands.
F10 28mm
S-WORKS VENGE 1ST GEN
PINARELLO F8
PINARELLO F10
2018 BMC SLR01
2019 SCOTT SPARK RC 900

stormur

by stormur

F10 : if you put 28mm marked tire on 15c rims, you'll have 1mm max ( absolute max ) clearance on chainstays . 25 mm MEASURED is max with acceptable clearance ( 3mm to chainstay ) . Brake bridge has enough clearance. Chainstays are issue.
Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company.
Mark Twain

I can be wrong, and have plenty of examples for that ;)

stockae92

by stockae92

thank you sir :)

PinaF8 wrote:
stockae92 wrote:wondering whats the max tire width for F8? What about F10?

Thanks.

Love the F8.

F8 25mm but you are pushing the limit with some tire brands.
F10 28mm

Boshk

by Boshk

matrix wrote:My Sworks Venge Vias '16 Rim Brake sustained a hairline crack on the seat stays earlier this month through prolonged use (no crashes).. But definitely a topic for another post.

I'm potentially in the market for a newer race machine that combines : looks, performance, and warranty. Also want to add that I ride and race at least 200mi a week.

In terms of looks, Pinarello has darker tones, while the Bianchi surely draws the attention of any passerby. Of course one could custom paint a bike, but that's too much work and time not spent in the saddle.

My bike shop told me that the Pinarello f8 is a highly reactive and stiff frame. One of the employees races Cat 2 on it, but you can't go wrong with the Oltre Xr4 either. Regardless of which bike I'm getting, I'm considering the Vision Metron 5D bars to go along with the build too.

I would like to hear thoughts from the community. . .What would you get between the 3 ?

You could add 3 more to your list....
Colnago C60
Cipollini Bond
Canyon CF SLX

What did you get in the end?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com