Pinarello F10, F8, or Bianchi Oltre XR4? (edit: + Canyon Ultimate CF CLX Disc)

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Seedster

by Seedster

I would get the Bianchi XR4. I am currently building one for myself now!

Otherwise a BoB Dogma F8 would be the way to go (if it is on sale)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

cunn1n9

by cunn1n9

Boshk wrote:
cunn1n9 wrote:Just went thru this and considered these 3 plus a few others.

Got an f8 demo model with a full warranty. Was half the price of an f10. ...

Love the F8.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's demo F8 bikes where you are??
It only Frameset in the LBS here and even then, you can't even touch the frames haha let alone demo a F8.

I asked how light the frame was and lifted the frame off the hooks.....I could feel a pair of hands hovering just to the side of me

For sure there are demos. The shop I bought it from had had it 18 months and had just replaced it with a f10 demo. I think they just buy a size in the middle (53) and use it as a demo and sell it at the end as a 'new' bike. Luckily 53 is my size. I am in Australia.

cunn1n9

by cunn1n9

stockae92 wrote:wondering whats the max tire width for F8? What about F10?

Thanks.

cunn1n9 wrote:Just went thru this and considered these 3 plus a few others.

Got an f8 demo model with a full warranty. Was half the price of an f10. Only real advantage of f10 is more room for wider tyres (if you want to run them).

Bianchi XR4 is nice but almost as expensive as f10. However f8, f10 has a proper BB (threads). Plus from Tour Magazine data we know that F8 is as aero as S5 plus has great ride quality.

F10 at double price is hard to justify and XR4 is too.

Love the F8.

I have 303's with Vittoria Corsa on them. They are 23mm but I could for 25mm also. On this rim the Corsa is 25mm anyway

matrix

by matrix

I can get a pretty sweet deal on all three (F10,F8, and BIanchi). It seems a lot of the posts are leaning towards the F8 for performance +an additional closeout on the frame. Something for me to consider.

For anyone who already tested the bikes, how is the weight/stiffness between the bianchi and pinarellos?
*Running 25mm tires.

Just found out that Canyon made its debut in the US yesterday... So lets add the Ultimate CF SLX Disc 9.0 SL to the list >:D

cunn1n9

by cunn1n9

matrix wrote:I can get a pretty sweet deal on all three (F10,F8, and BIanchi). It seems a lot of the posts are leaning towards the F8 for performance +an additional closeout on the frame. Something for me to consider.

For anyone who already tested the bikes, how is the weight/stiffness between the bianchi and pinarellos?
*Running 25mm tires.

Just found out that Canyon made its debut in the US yesterday... So lets add the Ultimate CF SLX Disc 9.0 SL to the list >:D

If cost wasn't an issue I would buy the F10. If cost is an issue then the F8. It may not be an issue for you but for me I am over pressfit BB otherwise I would more strongly consider XR4. It is beautiful and very smooth but I just wanted a threaded BB this time.

MRM

by MRM

Canyon doesn't really fit in this list, because it is much better value. You pay way more for the branding on Cervelo, Pinarello, Colnago, Cipollini, Specialized etc.

So if you are looking for the best bang for your buck, go Canyon.

If you are looking for something with more prestige and (possibly) style, go with the others. As mentioned before, I think the Pinarello Dogma F8 on sale will give you the best overall result. Going Canyon will be cheaper.

mile2424

by mile2424

Curious if you had the rear dropout replaced? Did this failure happen after that?

askeAnker

by askeAnker

Pinarello is probably a great frame. But 3 years warranty on a frame in that price range? That's ridiculous...

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

matrix

by matrix

cunn1n9 wrote:
matrix wrote:I can get a pretty sweet deal on all three (F10,F8, and BIanchi). It seems a lot of the posts are leaning towards the F8 for performance +an additional closeout on the frame. Something for me to consider.

*Running 25mm tires.

If cost wasn't an issue I would buy the F10. If cost is an issue then the F8. It may not be an issue for you but for me I am over pressfit BB otherwise I would more strongly consider XR4. It is beautiful and very smooth but I just wanted a threaded BB this time.

Threaded BBs = no squeaking?

The shop guys told me to go with BB Infinite should I decide to build up another bike.

matrix

by matrix

mile2424 wrote:Curious if you had the rear dropout replaced? Did this failure happen after that?

Yeah I had the rear dropouts replaced last October. The Vias still developed a hairline crack after a year of intense training and racing. It sucks because I don't have a warranty on it. I assume it has to do with the positioning of the rim brakes and force on the frame.

I'll be sure to make a more detailed post when I'm not lazy about it within the upcoming days. Keep an eye out.

liam7020

by liam7020

I rode a F8 last year and hated every minute of it. Over hyped and over priced - my biggest component regret in 40 years of cycling. Couldn't wait to get that thing sold on.
Tarmac SL6 & Campag Record EPS https://weightweenies.starbike.com/foru ... 0&t=153968

"Sometimes you don't need a plan. You just need big balls." Tom Boonen

MyM3Coupe

by MyM3Coupe

askeAnker wrote:Pinarello is probably a great frame. But 3 years warranty on a frame in that price range? That's ridiculous...

Be careful, the fanbois on here that drop big cash defend the brand heavily LOL. But yea, no question on crappy warranty for that price. Buy a Time at least, the weave their own carbon, hand make the frames and forks, and back it up with a lifetime warranty.

PinaF8

by PinaF8

MyM3Coupe wrote:
askeAnker wrote:Pinarello is probably a great frame. But 3 years warranty on a frame in that price range? That's ridiculous...

Be careful, the fanbois on here that drop big cash defend the brand heavily LOL. But yea, no question on crappy warranty for that price. Buy a Time at least, the weave their own carbon, hand make the frames and forks, and back it up with a lifetime warranty.

For such a big talker you must be a category 2 or 3 rider? Perhaps when I see proof that you're a strong cyclist then maybe I'll begin paying attention to your useless post.

Sincerely Pinarello fanboi
S-WORKS VENGE 1ST GEN
PINARELLO F8
PINARELLO F10
2018 BMC SLR01
2019 SCOTT SPARK RC 900

snowdevlin

by snowdevlin

MyM3Coupe wrote:

´
Finally you managed to pull an advice instead of simply saying crap about a bike you don't know!!

True that Time is a solid choice.

Nevertheless as for myself I'd rather have a 3 year solid warranty and crash replacement policy then a shady lifetime that ends up covering nothing, as it's always owners fault/ abuse with these kind of brands.

And I'd also love to hear what problems don't show after 3 years of hard riding, but show after 5 or 10, and if for example a frame is replaced after 10/15 years, would like to see an example of that happening.

PinaF8 wrote:
MyM3Coupe wrote:

For such a big talker you must be a category 2 or 3 rider? Perhaps when I see proof that you're a strong cyclist then maybe I'll begin paying attention to your useless post.

Sincerely Pinarello fanboi

I'm sure he's really a sofa warrior! lol

:beerchug: :beerchug: :beerchug:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

MyM3Coupe

by MyM3Coupe

PinaF8 wrote:Perhaps when I see proof that you're a strong cyclist then maybe I'll begin paying attention to your useless post.

You are already paying attention Fanboi.LOL