* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Blog NEW Galleries NEW FAQ Contact About Impressum
It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:47 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:27 pm 

matrix wrote:
mile2424 wrote:
Curious if you had the rear dropout replaced? Did this failure happen after that?

Yeah I had the rear dropouts replaced last October. The Vias still developed a hairline crack after a year of intense training and racing. It sucks because I don't have a warranty on it. I assume it has to do with the positioning of the rim brakes and force on the frame.

I'll be sure to make a more detailed post when I'm not lazy about it within the upcoming days. Keep an eye out.

No warranty? Isn't that covered through Specialized?

Posted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:27 pm 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:15 pm 

Ignore option is great when it comes to dealing with trolls.

2018 BMC SLR01

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:56 pm 

I'm dealing with a more or less similar dilemma, although I'm considering a F10, Factor One, Trek Madone and Cervelo S5.

The S5 is actually strangely enough the least likely contender. I have a R3 and love it, the S5 just seems... old. Too many evolutions without really renewing. Again, don't get me wrong: as brand I like Cervelo but it seems they've stopped innovating the S5 last years.

The Trek is a difficult one: I have zero positive emotion with the brand (reminds me of Lance), but it seems well designed and build. Very aero yet comfortable. Hard to travel with but that I can overcome. Price for what I want (9.9 H1 geometry, non-Bontrager wheels, custom paint, etc) will cost a fortune

Factor: cool corporate story, lifetime warranty, good dealer nearby, the One being a very interesting design which is FAST yet comfortable. Comes with integrated stem / handlebar that can't deal with my Wahoo Bolt (I've made the switch and don't want to go back to Garmin) which sucks. They keep telling me I should also get their own make wheels (Black Inc) which have fully ceramic bearings but seem unproven. Still cheaper than a F10 (in Singapore) and way more exclusive.

Brings me to the kicker: the F10 is the cheapest of all the bikes mentioned in the post if I import it from my home country. Comes with full Di2 Dura Ace for €7k. Wheels are okay but would need reconsideration.

First world problem but I've changed my mind already 10 if not 15 times...

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:34 pm 

If the F10 is the cheapest solution for you, it's no contest. I test rode one a few weeks ago and it's a great bike. It does everything well and really has no weakness when it comes to actually riding it. The nits to pick are rather the price, the warranty length or it being manufactured in Taiwan (some prefer made in the USA or Italy or whatever). None of those have anything to do with your enjoyment while riding the bike.

Get the F10, move on and be happy.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:51 pm 

MRM wrote:
If the F10 is the cheapest solution for you, it's no contest. I test rode one a few weeks ago and it's a great bike. It does everything well and really has no weakness when it comes to actually riding it. The nits to pick are rather the price, the warranty length or it being manufactured in Taiwan (some prefer made in the USA or Italy or whatever). None of those have anything to do with your enjoyment while riding the bike.

This.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:07 am 

LionelB wrote:
MRM wrote:

This.

I did this, after test riding an F10 for several months. Cannot be more thrilled with my purchase!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:30 am 

The key factor would be your budget.
You'll prob score a great deal on an F8 now. (I couldn't recommend the F8 enough.)

If you're not worried about budget, you'd prob choose F10 or XR4.

Then again, the F10 and F8 are so similar, it might be worth waiting for the next model?

I'd say most would choose the Bianchi if they were a die hard Bianchi fan, the fact your even asking the question means you're not die hard Bianchi.

Tough decision, but I'd lean towards the Pina, then key factor being your budget.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:47 pm 

This is a fantastic thread.
I actually scooped up a F8 because of this thread. It was a slam dunk Decision to get a Demo which some shops were dropping their pants on...if they had any in stock that is.
Thanks for posting this. Got my dream bike, even more so after I got to ride one, for a Very small fraction of the price the F10 or hell...even an F8 when they first came out.

I'm a happy camper.