Nice carbon bar and stem setup?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

PLuKE

by PLuKE

I am looking for a nice handlebar and stem setup for my Cipo Bond frameset coming soon.

The demo Bond I had was running Ritchey WCS carbon round bars and stem which was an alloy with UD wrap.

The setup felt amazing, very little round buzz, compared to my current Merida setup, which is running Aeronova alloy aero bar and Deda Superleggera

Can anybody recommend a good carbon bar and stem setup, something lightweight, yet still be fairly sensible on price, compared to something like Extralite, LW etc....

Many thanks
Luke

wheelbuilder

by wheelbuilder

Why not stick with what felt good.....Ritchey WCS carbon EVO-Curve bars look good, are pretty light. and have a more flattish top than the round Curve you demo'd and will look better on the Bond. Nothing looks better than a WCS c260 or c220 stem either. Also very light.
Never cheer before you know who is winning

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

PLuKE

by PLuKE

wheelbuilder wrote:Why not stick with what felt good.....Ritchey WCS carbon EVO-Curve bars look good, are pretty light. and have a more flattish top than the round Curve you demo'd and will look better on the Bond. Nothing looks better than a WCS c260 or c220 stem either. Also very light.

I am not quite sure they was the Ritchey EVO Curve?

They felt lovely, but was hoping to get something that was in keeping with the aero attributes of the Bond, so Deda Superzero bars? Or the Zipp SL70 aero bars?

The Superzero, from photos I have seen, they don't run the flatter part of the bar level with the ground, as apparently the shape of the hood/shifter clamping area won't allow the shifter to sit high due to the shape?

Luke

joejack951

by joejack951

If I wanted a carbon stem and handlebar, I'd go full integrated like this: https://ritcheylogic.com/wcs-carbon-solostreem

The only reason I went with a WCS C260 stem and Carbon Streem bar separately is because I couldn't get the 110mm stem/40cm bar width that I wanted in an integrated version. Using a separate carbon stem was going to add weight vs. the aluminum stem so that made buying the cheaper part an easy choice. I'm not disappointed at all with the combo but the integrated setup would have been slick and with no worries about the bars ever slipping.

hannawald

by hannawald

not cheap, but i likeUrsus Magnus H.01.Lightweight and italian:)

dj97223

by dj97223

I've been happy with the Williams carbon bar and aluminum stem.
“If you save your breath I feel a man like you can manage it. And if you don't manage it, you'll die. Only slowly, very slowly, old friend.”

PLuKE

by PLuKE

I do like the integrated bar and stem setup. But there out of my budget at present.

Has anybody used the Deda Superzero handlebar and stem setup yet?

Like I have said, the Ritchey setup on the demo Bond was lovely, the stem which was alloy with a UD carbon wrap on is appealing, I am guessing with a UD carbon wrap, that it doesn't add any dampening/vibration properties?

Thanks
Luke

tabl10s

by tabl10s

PLuKE wrote:I am looking for a nice handlebar and stem setup for my Cipo Bond frameset coming soon.

The demo Bond I had was running Ritchey WCS carbon round bars and stem which was an alloy with UD wrap.

The setup felt amazing, very little round buzz, compared to my current Merida setup, which is running Aeronova alloy aero bar and Deda Superleggera

Can anybody recommend a good carbon bar and stem setup, something lightweight, yet still be fairly sensible on price, compared to something like Extralite, LW etc....

Many thanks
Luke

I have the Enve stem and Zipp SL-70 on two bikes.
2015 Pinarello F8: 13.13lbs/5.915kg(w/Roval 64's). Sold.
2016 Rca: 11.07lbs/5.048kg.
2015 Rca. 11.15 lbs(w/Roval CLX 32's)
2015 Rca/NOS(sold).
2018 S-Works SL6 Ultralight 12.03lbs(w/Roval CLX 50's)

kgt

by kgt

IMHO the Ritchey would be fine and the streem bars are really nice with a almost classic drop.

A Deda combo on the Bond would look perfect of course. The stealth superzero stem looks great:

Here is the Bond I used to ride with superlogic stem and wcs evocurve (alloy) bars:

Enve is too 'american' for the cipollini IMO.

rlanger

by rlanger

PLuKE wrote:Has anybody used the Deda Superzero handlebar and stem setup yet?
Thanks
Luke

I have this setup and absolutely love it.

I have the top of the bar angled very slightly down toward me (which moves the drops slightly forward and up). But because the top is more rounded than flat, like a 3T or Enve aero bar, this feels most comfortable to me. It also allows me to get the shifter hoods into a relatively flat position

I ride a De Rosa Idol, which has a unique top-tube shape that is quite angular, and the Deda SuperZero matches it beautifully.

PLuKE

by PLuKE

kgt wrote:IMHO the Ritchey would be fine and the streem bars are really nice with a almost classic drop.

A Deda combo on the Bond would look perfect of course. The stealth superzero stem looks great:

Here is the Bond I used to ride with superlogic stem and wcs evocurve (alloy) bars:

Enve is too 'american' for the cipollini IMO.

My idea is to keep things Italian where possible, hence Deda.

I will be having a Shimano groupset and my Zipp 404's, which isn't quite Italian!

So I was thinking maybe go for a Zipp stem/bar, to match the wheels and keeping brands names to minimum.

Luke

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

PLuKE

by PLuKE

rlanger wrote:
PLuKE wrote:Has anybody used the Deda Superzero handlebar and stem setup yet?
Thanks
Luke

I have this setup and absolutely love it.

I have the top of the bar angled very slightly down toward me (which moves the drops slightly forward and up). But because the top is more rounded than flat, like a 3T or Enve aero bar, this feels most comfortable to me. It also allows me to get the shifter hoods into a relatively flat position

I ride a De Rosa Idol, which has a unique top-tube shape that is quite angular, and the Deda SuperZero matches it beautifully.

Thats good news, some reviews I have seen have slated the drop shape when mounting the shifters, and with the photo's people seem to have the bars tilted more upright.

Do you have any photo's of your bar setup?

Many thanks