Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Blog NEW Galleries NEW FAQ Contact About Impressum
It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:46 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:53 am 

I agree that you may be focusing too much on TPI. You love tubeless Vittorias (320 TPI) and you also praise Michelins with latex tubes (110 TPI) but turn your nose up at Schwalbe's tubeless Pro Ones (127 TPI). Whatever it is you're after, it's not correlated with TPI.

You say you seek suppleness or "feel," not low rolling resistance. Usually people talk about suppleness as a proxy for low rolling resistance, but you don't particularly want that either. You're essentially asking us "which tire makes Possibleweenie smile most broadly?" There's nothing wrong with the question, of course, but you're asking us a question that only you can answer.

If, on the other hand, you're asking which of the three tires you listed would ride most like the Vittoria Corsa Speed TLRs, then the Corsa G+ Opens with latex tubes seem like the obvious answer.

Posted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:53 am 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:09 pm 

I switched to Corsa G+ clinchers a couple of weeks ago after reading positive reviews - previous good experiences with Pro4s and Masters. I also put Vittoria latex tubes in at the same time - thought it was worth a try/see.

First time out, no noticeable difference. Second time out, rear puncture. Was running 110psi. No mark in the tyre.
Took inner tube out back home to see if I could repair it. Nothing showed up on the bubble test :unbelievable:
Put back on rim, inflated to "hard" finger pressure, tyre flat in 15 mins.
Inner tube back out and inflated again. Boy are these elastic :unbelievable: This was mid last week. And it is still 3 metres in diameter and living on the store room floor !!

Stuck as to how to find the leak :shock:

Any suggestions welcome

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:16 pm 

wobbly wrote:
I switched to Corsa G+ clinchers a couple of weeks ago after reading positive reviews - previous good experiences with Pro4s and Masters. I also put Vittoria latex tubes in at the same time - thought it was worth a try/see.

First time out, no noticeable difference. Second time out, rear puncture. Was running 110psi. No mark in the tyre.
Took inner tube out back home to see if I could repair it. Nothing showed up on the bubble test :unbelievable:
Inner tube back out and inflated again. Boy are these elastic :unbelievable: This was mid last week. And it is still 3 metres in diameter and living on the store room floor !!

Any suggestions welcome
What is the relation with "Supple Road tubeless"??

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:22 am 

wobbly wrote:

Any suggestions welcome

Been there too. One instance was valve seating differently... I guess I'd relate it that way. Dam thing closed w tiniest leak.

I HATE presta.......... next lap around the tube-lass here get Schraders.. even if a different rim set is needed.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:34 pm 

thanks WR - I'll look closer around the valve - in fact that is the only section that has not super-inflated

I will persist with these latex tubes...I'm hoping to feel this supple ride some time soon :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 3:19 pm 

I thought the 120+ tpi cases were just casings that too advantage of the measurement convention. The 3 layer silk/cotton was no more supple than some of the 120tpi conventional, the material is more important than the tpi number. A lot of the suppleness comes from the thin layer of rubber (1.7mm vs 2.9mm on a GP4000 330tpi) too. The whole system matters - I'd just use a rolling resistance test you like and go with that number. This is consistent https://www.bicyclerollingresistance.com/ and has a rough roller. Tour Int has a similar rig too.