Vredestein Senso Superiore 320tpi (Update with photos compared to Veloflex)

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

possibleweenie

by possibleweenie

Hello,

Anyone with experience on these? Would love to hear your comments and if you have compared them to Vittoria Corsa G+.

I am looking into a smoother ride than my current Schwalbe Pro One tubeless on 25mm. They are fast and nice...but even my Pro4 Endurance (180tpi) with latex is smoother on the road at the same pressures so thinking of going that way again.

http://www.vredestein.com/two-wheel-tyr ... iore/info/

Thanks,
Last edited by possibleweenie on Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Marin

by Marin

The Vredesteins are not tubeless right?

If you want smooth, get Veloflex, Corsa G+ or Turbo Cottons. I have several sets of these 3 and think they're great. All on latex.

If you want *ultra-smooth*, look into Grand Bois / Compass.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

kgt

by kgt

At 320tpi I guess these will be as smooth as Veloflex or very close. Vredestein makes good tires in general.

possibleweenie

by possibleweenie

Marin wrote:The Vredesteins are not tubeless right?

If you want smooth, get Veloflex, Corsa G+ or Turbo Cottons. I have several sets of these 3 and think they're great. All on latex.

If you want *ultra-smooth*, look into Grand Bois / Compass.

Thanks for chiming in! Correct, the Vredestains are not tubeless.

I have looked into all the first three you mention.

Could you confirm, or perhaps shed a bit of light on what I read about those three? The Corsa, TC and Veloflex all appear to be very similar in feel one to another with small (maybe negligible?) differences in speed/rr but with the biggest differences being:

Corsa G+: Perhaps the better one when it comes to puncture resistance. Similar to the Schwalbe Pro One, the 25mm will balloon to about 27-28 depending on rim.

Spec TC: The lightest one but the more fragile one. Seen by many as a race day only tire because of being prone to punctures. 24mm is 24mm and 26mm is 26mm

Veloflex: 25mm is a true 25mm. Some people say they are smoother than the Corsas or the tire the Corsas aim to be. Not enough info on puncture resistance or any other difference. Apparently more affordable than the Corsas but I have yet to confirm this.

I'll have a look at the last two you mention. I have come across some literature that mentions them but haven't dug into them very much.
Last edited by possibleweenie on Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

possibleweenie

by possibleweenie

kgt wrote:At 320tpi I guess these will be as smooth as Veloflex or very close. Vredestein makes good tires in general.

Thanks for your input. Yes. I "assume" that the TPI is what makes these 320 tires to be very similar to each other so the "smoothness" is something I won't probably have to worry about. Main issue here is puncture resistance compared to each other (Corsa G+, Veloflex, Vred Superiore) since that would be a significant difference for me to consider since speed and feel would be very close.

On that same note, the Vredestein All Weather hasn't been well received from what I hear. Other than the possibility of inflating to 170psi (I don't see myself trying that) there isn't much to gain from choosing that tyre over Conti Gatorskins, or Pro4 or Durano DD/Plus.

On the same note, I only found one forum thread discussing the Vredestein Superiore in dutch and if Google translate worked well, there wasn't much to write home about for the three or so people that tried it and reported back. One apparently had to bin one tire straight after a cut and two others said they were happy with them...so... now looking if anyone around here has actually had some time with them.

Interestingly enough, Vredestein latex tubes appear to be the go-to tubes for a lot of people here apparently for being more reliable than Vittoria and Michelin for being "natural"...(?) rather than not so natural...(?)

havana

by havana

Why not try the Specialized S-Works Turbo? Great tire.
Editor-in-chief CycloWorld.cc - the largest database of gran fondo's and sportives in the world.

naambezet

by naambezet

I ride them with Michelin latex tubes. Smoother than the regular One with latex. But also wears faster, grip is on the same level I think. Cant tell them apart from my Open Corsa cx

possibleweenie

by possibleweenie

naambezet wrote:I ride them with Michelin latex tubes. Smoother than the regular One with latex. But also wears faster, grip is on the same level I think. Cant tell them apart from my Open Corsa cx

Hi naambzet,

You can't tell the Vredesteins apart from the Corsas?

If price was same, which ones would you go for?

naambezet

by naambezet

possibleweenie wrote:
naambezet wrote:I ride them with Michelin latex tubes. Smoother than the regular One with latex. But also wears faster, grip is on the same level I think. Cant tell them apart from my Open Corsa cx

Hi naambzet,

I would get the Vredesteins, the sidewall is brighter (more orange), slick center thread and perhaps better puncture protection? I've raced them in the rain, ridden them in gravel and they haven't punctured so far. The Superiore also uses Vittoria's cotton casing

possibleweenie

by possibleweenie

naambezet wrote:
possibleweenie wrote:

Hi naambzet,

I would get the Vredesteins, the sidewall is brighter (more orange), slick center thread and perhaps better puncture protection? I've raced them in the rain, ridden them in gravel and they haven't punctured so far. The Superiore also uses Vittoria's cotton casing

Cool. Thanks for the replies. Maybe I'll give those a shot then. Would you say then that the only difference between the Vredesteins and the Corsas is the puncture protection and looks and that would be that? Wear is about the same?

I also had a look at Veloflex just because I found them for 28eur at Alltricks and they seem to have quite a following, albeit their 25c only grows to 23mm most wheels and I am not too hot on small tires with big pressures.

Miller

by Miller

possibleweenie wrote:Hello,
I am looking into a smoother ride than my current Schwalbe Pro One tubeless on 25mm. They are fast and nice...but even my Pro4 Endurance (180tpi) with latex is smoother on the road at the same pressures so thinking of going that way again.

Why not back off on the pressure with the Pro One? I'm running my 25mm One (not Pro) at about 75-80psi and they feel lovely. The only clincher I've ridden recently was Vredestein Senso All Weather in 25mm, although it came up narrow, and tbh they felt wooden by comparison with tubeless.

possibleweenie

by possibleweenie

Miller wrote:
possibleweenie wrote:Hello,

Why not back off on the pressure with the Pro One? I'm running my 25mm One (not Pro) at about 75-80psi and they feel lovely. The only clincher I've ridden recently was Vredestein Senso All Weather in 25mm, although it came up narrow, and tbh they felt wooden by comparison with tubeless.

Hi Miller,

Yeah. I tried going 80psi and it does soften up, but it's still different. I tried like for like pressures and see how they felt and I am still not convinced. I can't exactly explain it so I sort of "visualized it" like in the image. It isn't if the Pro Ones are not smooth, but they feel a different kind of smooth. They give more feedback from the ground and feel bouncier. If we think of a black and white perspective...not as smooth as my Pro4 with latex.
Attachments
road feel.jpg

Miller

by Miller

Lol, love your diagrams and they do convey your meaning.

Johnnysmooth

by Johnnysmooth

Have used all of them, fav are the Veloflex - a hair better than the Corsa CGs. Some complain of lack of puncture resistance - that has not been the case for me. But I do wipe wheels clean with glove while riding if I pass thru a spot of glass on road.
It only hurts if you think.

hlvd

by hlvd

How about Bontrager R4 320? Lovely tyre and rides so smooth.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com