Where do you see SRAM mechanical going?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Imaking20

by Imaking20

mpulsiv

by mpulsiv

Wait, aesthetics over functionality? At this rate, humanity will go extinct!
Racing is a three-dimensional high-speed chess game, involving hundreds of pieces on the board.

:arrow: CBA = Chronic Bike Addiction
:arrow: OCD = Obsessive Cycling Disorder

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

euan wrote:To be the only groupset series that is properly offering usable reach adjustment.

Wasn't a fan of original eTap's reach adjustment, it just pre-tensioned the brake cable. Now that I'm on eTap HRD, I'm a lot happier. The brake lever reach adjustment actually just hinges the handle toward you, but the lever throw / contact point adjustment is separate.

morganb

by morganb

Seedster wrote:
MyM3Coupe wrote:
morganb wrote:Mech Red is now a few years old and only saw an aesthetic. . .

Nothing aesthetic about SRAM stuff. Ugliest group out there along with the new Dura Ace with that hideously gigantic rear derailleur.LOL

Hate to agree, but i feel the same way. Whatever they come out with, they need help with its appearance. They need to black out E-Tap pronto.

eTap is actually the first SRAM road group that I find pleasing to the eye, the silver/black looks good and its obviously pretty clean without cables. I'm a diehard Shimano guy but I think its better looking than R91xx.

raisinberry777

by raisinberry777

morganb wrote:eTap is actually the first SRAM road group that I find pleasing to the eye, the silver/black looks good and its obviously pretty clean without cables. I'm a diehard Shimano guy but I think its better looking than R91xx.

Agreed. The other problem is that while Force looks okay, Rival and Apex look awful. It's almost like they purposely made them look crap to try and push people to Red.

Daniel1975

by Daniel1975

For me the silver-black doesnt look good. I prefer a full black groupset.
Hoping Sram will come with a full black Red-mech with new rimbrakes

F45

by F45

Just cut the price of etap a little to broaden its market and then eliminate the mech group.

nickf

by nickf

No thanks mechanical for me. I refuse to charge my derailleurs. Etap to me is just another option, not an upgrade from mechanical red.

tarmackev

by tarmackev

As said earlier a 12 speed 1 X road groupset.
Even with the double with have compact, mid compact and standard.
I'd expect 3 cassette and crank sizes hopefully covering a similar spread.
I love the look of 1X.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gearjunkie

by Gearjunkie

I still have my bikes on 10s Red. It's the lightest :)

So for mechanical Red I'd like to see it get lighter to maintain and emphasize its point of difference, but I don't see that happening.

What would be good would be an eTap v2 that undercuts the weight of mechanical... put the batteries on a cortisol diet.

AZR3

by AZR3

I can see the next iteration of eTap getting lighter/quicker and the current eTap becoming Force level. Supporting a 1x12 would be cool too