Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Blog NEW Galleries NEW FAQ Contact About Impressum
It is currently Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:49 pm

All times are UTC+01:00





Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:11 pm
Posts: 1307
Hi,

I have a supperleggero stem/ supperleggero handlebar combo on my C60 and I am thinking about an aero cockpit (I read that it is the part that save the most watts after having aero wheels on the bike).

I am using Campa SR mechanical.

I was thinking about Deda SuperZero stem/ Deda SuperZero HB handlebar.

Which other combo would you recommend?


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 30, 2006 10:38 pm
Posts: 1301
Location: NorCal
For aero road bars the Enve ones are hard to beat. I have those with an Extralite stem on my Colnago EP. Love those bars.

_________________
Have you ever wondered if there was more to life, other than being really, really, ridiculously good looking?


Top
   
Posted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:59 pm 


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:22 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:19 am
Posts: 1436
I think there end up being several other considerations on this one; such as fit, shift quality, and just how "aero" you want. I prefer the feel and measurements of the Deda - but I don't think it's nearly as "aero" as bars like the Enve or Aeronova.

I ran the Enves for a bit and thought they looked awesome - but the extreme flair of the drops was weird and I never got on with the hump near the hoods. I also ran this with eTap and probably wouldn't consider these with mechanical.

Aeronova bars are also quite goofy shaped but they're the lightest of the options I'm aware of. They also have a SUPER long reach... and again, I'd expect some pretty serious degradation in shift quality if running mechanical.

Vukasprint/SL-70/S-Works have what I think is a pretty good shape and the cable routing isn't terrible.

Lastly, and one that's less frequently mentioned, is the Ritchey Streem II bar. I ran this for a bit after the Enve bar and it's definitely a lot more "normal" - which I appreciated it. Also plenty stiff and the more traditional curve is attractive.
Image

_________________
Current:
T2

Retired:
Blue | Project C6.0 | Felt AR FRD | Colnago C59 NERO | 2014 S-Works Tarmac | S-Works Venge | Wilier Cento Uno SL | Tarmac SL2


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:14 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:17 pm
Posts: 155
Location: Southern California
I love the look of the aero bar that comes on the new Madone.

_________________
2018 Bianchi Oltre XR4, (Celeste Matt)
2017 Giant TCR Advanced SL (Red)
2016 Specialized Allez DSW Sprint (Gold)


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:55 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 18, 2006 10:29 am
Posts: 6691
Location: Athens, Greece
IMHO aero cockpit and Colnago C60 are not made for each other.

_________________
My 6532gr TIME Skylon
My 9733gr COLNAGO Master X-light


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:18 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2007 10:23 am
Posts: 1286
Location: Pack filler
Imaking20 wrote:
I think there end up being several other considerations on this one; such as fit, shift quality, and just how "aero" you want. I prefer the feel and measurements of the Deda - but I don't think it's nearly as "aero" as bars like the Enve or Aeronova.

I ran the Enves for a bit and thought they looked awesome - but the extreme flair of the drops was weird and I never got on with the hump near the hoods. I also ran this with eTap and probably wouldn't consider these with mechanical.

Aeronova bars are also quite goofy shaped but they're the lightest of the options I'm aware of. They also have a SUPER long reach... and again, I'd expect some pretty serious degradation in shift quality if running mechanical.



Shifting degradation not an issue with Aeronova, on any shifting system.
Run SR on my Oltre, had Red on my winter bike, and now thats swapped to 6800.

Enve's extreme flare might not be to your tastes. In that respect the 3T wins hands down, and i doubt there's little in it aerowise, its what you do with the cables on exit thats probably the difference.

And i actually agree with KGT heaven forbid!

_________________
Official cafe stop tester


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:25 am 
Offline
Administrator
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2004 11:08 am
Posts: 7029
Location: Urbana, Illinois
I run the 3T ARX LTD stem with the 3T Aerotundo bar. Not the lightest but the set up shifts very well with I-Links and Sram Red 10 speed.

_________________
RESIDENT GRUMPY OLD MAN.


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:48 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Dec 15, 2006 7:45 pm
Posts: 4442
Location: Natovi Landing
Imaking20 wrote:

Aeronova bars are also quite goofy shaped but they're the lightest of the options I'm aware of. They also have a SUPER long reach... and again, I'd expect some pretty serious degradation in shift quality if running mechanical.

Image


Hi - I have 3T Aeronovas on mechanical SR and have had for a year or so. No perceptible change in shift quality vs Ritchey and Canyon bars used before. That doesn't mean on average it won't be a bit worse of course, but on my set-up at least, no change.

You're right they are a bit goofy ... the look and feel fast ... quite spaceship like ... and the long reach gives a very fast feeling place to rest the wrists and upper forearms in a solo effort off the front ...

But all round I'm not sure if they are better than the WCS Ritchey Streem IIs I have on another bike ... agree with you that is a really nice bar ... perhaps the 3T is faster but goofier ...

_________________
----------------------------------------
Stiff, Light, Aero - Pick Three!! :thumbup:


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:57 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2016 11:53 am
Posts: 41
I have the SuperZero stem and bar combo and IMHO, it's a great compromise between full-aero like the Enve or 3T and standard bar.

So you likely won't get as much aero benefit as those other bars, but it won't look out of place on your C60, and it will be even more comfortable than either aero or standard.

Dewwww eeet.


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:25 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:11 pm
Posts: 1307
Yes I was thinking about that during my bike ride today.... a full aero is efficient but really doesn't match the C60....and on the other side a less aero bar that matches the C60 is not bringing much saving in watts??

It would be nice to see how many watts the Superzero are really saving...Does someone know?


Top
   
PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:11 pm
Posts: 1307
Just found the claimed aero advantage of a S-works Aerofly Carbon Handlebar: "17 seconds over a 40km distance versus a traditional shallow bend road bar. This time saving comes from the distinct aero shape, reduced tape on the tops, and full internal cable routing."

Not that much actually :shock:
I will most probably stick with ma superleegro/ superleggera combo on my C60.


Top
   
PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 18, 2006 10:29 am
Posts: 6691
Location: Athens, Greece
Don't believe whatever Specialized's marketing claims. Just MHO...

_________________
My 6532gr TIME Skylon
My 9733gr COLNAGO Master X-light


Top
   
PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:52 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:13 pm
Posts: 808
TonyM wrote:
Just found the claimed aero advantage of a S-works Aerofly Carbon Handlebar: "17 seconds over a 40km distance versus a traditional shallow bend road bar. This time saving comes from the distinct aero shape, reduced tape on the tops, and full internal cable routing."

Not that much actually :shock:
I will most probably stick with ma superleegro/ superleggera combo on my C60.


That's the best u can do. And i believe that most of the Aero Hype is just marketing.


Top
   
PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:07 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:12 pm
Posts: 123
I've got a superzero bar and stem combo on my Look and have to say in hindsight it doesn't suit it at all and I don't think it would look very good on my C60 which is why I went for the superleggeras. However the biggest problem I found with the superzero bars is not being able to get the levers high enough on the bars. They're very limited in range before the bars start to thicken so the only option is to tilt the bars up and I don't exactly have my levers very high on the bars either. So anyone buying the superzeros needs to consider this. It isn't apparent in any marketing literature that you can't get the levers as high as you can on the superleggeras. Saying that the thick aero tops are lovely to ride on.


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:49 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:13 pm
Posts: 808
c60rider wrote:
I've got a superzero bar and stem combo on my Look and have to say in hindsight it doesn't suit it at all and I don't think it would look very good on my C60 which is why I went for the superleggeras. However the biggest problem I found with the superzero bars is not being able to get the levers high enough on the bars. They're very limited in range before the bars start to thicken so the only option is to tilt the bars up and I don't exactly have my levers very high on the bars either. So anyone buying the superzeros needs to consider this. It isn't apparent in any marketing literature that you can't get the levers as high as you can on the superleggeras. Saying that the thick aero tops are lovely to ride on.



I thought the same problem have Superleggera Handlebar, so that why i bought an Easton EC90 SLX3. How high u can go with the levers on Superleggera without having problem with cables, or positioning?


Top
   
Posted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:49 pm 


Top
   
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 Next

   Similar Topics   Author   Replies   Views   Last post 
There are no new unread posts for this topic. lightweight cockpit

in Road

Rubik

11

1977

Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:43 pm

DaReef View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Deda Superzero cockpit

in Road

possibleweenie

5

1246

Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:43 pm

possibleweenie View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Clean cockpit / bikes

in Road

Matija

10

2162

Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:56 am

mpulsiv View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Vias cockpit Wahoo Bolt options

in Road

cDaero

6

871

Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:15 pm

cDaero View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Attachment(s) BMC ICS integrated stem/ cockpit (Teammachine01/ Roadmachine01)

in Road

TonyM

10

2253

Sun Dec 24, 2017 1:30 am

Discodan View the latest post


All times are UTC+01:00


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: glam2deaf, Malammik, markyboy, Pepsi, sovereign, stormur, sungod and 39 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited