Hanging a Road Bike

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

BikeAnon

by BikeAnon

eaglejackson wrote:I have been using hooks for years without problem but recently installed these Steadyracks https://www.steadyrack.com/. They cradle the bike by the tire rather than hanging the rim, and they swivel to position the bike more out of the way. They are especially nice for mountain bikes, which are heavier to lift, especially DH bikes.
That girl should consider purchasing a tire pump.

Seriously, though, how does a marketing photoshoot get done with such an oversight? People in marketing made sure to hire a fit looking model, didn't bring a pump to the shoot.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

oldnslow2

by oldnslow2

BikeAnon wrote:That girl should consider purchasing a tire pump.

Seriously, though, how does a marketing photoshoot get done with such an oversight? People in marketing made sure to hire a fit looking model, didn't bring a pump to the shoot.

Good eye.

It's all in the details. They used a expensive Zipp wheel for a prop but neglected to ensure it was fully inflated.

BikeAnon

by BikeAnon

oldnslow2 wrote:...Good eye...
I'll admit.... I may not have noticed the flat tire until after the model had left the room. ;)

spud

by spud

important note on hanging a bike by the wheel - it's fine to do so, but if you just washed your bike, you need to hang it by the front wheel. Otherwise, whatever moisture is left on the frame will make its way directly to the lower headset bearing, and ruin it. Trashed two or three headsets over the course of 4-5 years this way until I figured out the problem. Since making the change, no problems.

trimenc

by trimenc

I have been hanging bikes by the front and the back wheel for well over 17+ years and never a single issue.....most of those have been with Zipp, Reynolds, and various other carbon wheels. I currently have mountain bikes, road bikes, TT bikes and cross bikes that all have carbon wheels and all of them are hung from the ceiling by the wheel using a rubber hook and zero issues.

Asteroid

by Asteroid

BikeAnon wrote:
oldnslow2 wrote:...Good eye...
I'll admit.... I may not have noticed the flat tire until after the model had left the room. ;)

The model looks properly inflated to me.
Was there a bike in the photo? :unbelievable:
Oldbie

BikeAnon

by BikeAnon

Asteroid wrote:....The model looks properly inflated to me....
I was trying to work in something funny to say about the product name being "SteadyRack", but I couldn't think of something appropriate. :lol:

loudtiger

by loudtiger

I have a tandem that was hanging from the front wheel. since it's a tandem it doesn't get ridden as often, and eventually the headset got dimpled from the weight of the bike.

Zakalwe

by Zakalwe

The model isn’t holding the same bike that has the flat tyres so I don’t blame her personally