Canyon prices and models released in the US.

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

RussellS

by RussellS

jimmerjohn123 wrote:Either way, their price points no longer seem to have an advantage. Seems like the other bike vendors have caught up in that department.

Not sure other companies have caught up (gone down in price), or Canyon has realized they lost a lot of profit margin by having prices so much lower than the competitors, and Canyon RAISED the prices. They sponsor two Tour professional teams, so they figure their bikes are just as good or better than every other bike maker. So they can charge just as much.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

GothicCastle

by GothicCastle

I thought Canyon used to do Campagnolo builds. Is that not a thing any more?

An Endurance with the new H11 set would be nice.

DNT

by DNT

GothicCastle wrote:I thought Canyon used to do Campagnolo builds. Is that not a thing any more?

That's exactly the build i'm waiting for. But if they don't, i'm hoping for a frameset only option in the future.

TonyM

by TonyM

I had subscribed to their newsletter which was supposed to announce the US sales but I did not received any emails from them yet. Maybe they want to "test" the market.....

-> So here for you @Canyon Germany: Das Angebot is wirklich zu beschränkt; Die Preise zu hoch!; Bring bitte dasselbe wie in Deutschland - und dann wird es genauso erfolgreich; Ansonsten werden Spec., Trek und Co. sich freuen...

Boshk

by Boshk

GothicCastle wrote:I thought Canyon used to do Campagnolo builds. Is that not a thing any more?

they do, not very useful to you I know, but if you just want to have a look, change your country to UK, it should be there.

mpulsiv

by mpulsiv

Isn't Canyon's business model is all about value? Save money with direct sales, now that's a bold statement. Based on the selection and current prices in USA, I'd say they don't offer much value at all, next to Giant, for example.
Racing is a three-dimensional high-speed chess game, involving hundreds of pieces on the board.

:arrow: CBA = Chronic Bike Addiction
:arrow: OCD = Obsessive Cycling Disorder

Thenuge

by Thenuge

Man I really want that Ultimate with Dura Ace. It's a great deal. I'm so tempted to enter those CC numbers.

53x12

by 53x12

Thenuge wrote:Man I really want that Ultimate with Dura Ace. It's a great deal. I'm so tempted to enter those CC numbers.

Do it. You know you want it.
"Marginal gains are the only gains when all that's left to gain is in the margins."

Boshk

by Boshk

mpulsiv wrote:Isn't Canyon's business model is all about value? Save money with direct sales, now that's a bold statement. Based on the selection and current prices in USA, I'd say they don't offer much value at all, next to Giant, for example.

Its actually pretty expensive, guessing its import tax etc.
The CF SLX 9 is $5000!!
Although not the same bike, just from a quick google, you can get a Cervelo R5 dura ace for less than $5000, or a Cipollini Bond frame for $3300!

mpulsiv

by mpulsiv

Boshk wrote:
mpulsiv wrote:Isn't Canyon's business model is all about value? Save money with direct sales, now that's a bold statement. Based on the selection and current prices in USA, I'd say they don't offer much value at all, next to Giant, for example.

The CF SLX 9 is $5000!!
Although not the same bike, just from a quick google, you can get a Cervelo R5 dura ace for less than $5000, or a Cipollini Bond frame for $3300!

That's what I said! Not only it's expensive but you don't support your LBS by dealing with direct sales from Canyon.
Racing is a three-dimensional high-speed chess game, involving hundreds of pieces on the board.

Thenuge

by Thenuge

Boshk wrote:

The CF SLX 9 is $5000!!

I dunno man. The comparable trek emonda slr with Dura Ace is 6500. A 1500 difference isn't chump change.

check6

by check6

One thing I notice is the legacy brands here in the USA always come with mixed group-sets. At over $10,000 for a Tarmac SL, I don't want their cranks/chainset or Roval wheels. At least Canyon seems to have and advantage in this regard. Even the Giant TCR disc SRAM Etap comes with crappy proprietary wheels.

bici1977
in the industry

by bici1977

Here is an article that details the US launch of Canyon a little further: https://cyclingtips.com/2017/08/canyon- ... -business/

LouisN

by LouisN

We're used to this kind of "availability" in Canada.... :x
All sorts of nice products on brands's main websites, but only about 1/3 of the stuff available in our country...

I too was waiting for the release, but not only limited full build models, but no framesets yet, and limited sizes availability... :?

The question is : Why ? Why ? :?

Louis :)

mpulsiv

by mpulsiv

check6 wrote:One thing I notice is the legacy brands here in the USA always come with mixed group-sets. At over $10,000 for a Tarmac SL, I don't want their cranks/chainset or Roval wheels. At least Canyon seems to have and advantage in this regard. Even the Giant TCR disc SRAM Etap comes with crappy proprietary wheels.

What crappy proprietary wheels are you talking about? www.giant-bicycles.com/us/tcr-advanced- ... -etap-2018

Last edited by mpulsiv on Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com