Alchemy Bikes

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Lookryder

by Lookryder

Any Alchemy owners here? I searched the forums and came up with nothing.

I'm interested in the stock Atlas (carbon) or Eros (Ti). Wondering if there's anything more to their higher price tag than their boutique status. The geometry on the Atlas seems nice; not too racy or endurance leaning. The Eros is definitely racier, but seems doable.

Considering the Eros as I've never had a Ti frame and the looks are stunning IMO.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Pikeyweiss

by Pikeyweiss

Hi, I own an Eros (Ti), Helios(Carbon) & Skylla (Stainless KVA)...The Helios is di2 disc & is the fastest bike I've ridden over 100klms...the Eros (mechanical/rim brake, I trained on over a 16 week block in prep for Europe (spoils you & is deceptively quick)...The Skylla I haven't ridden much (yet)...I don't know much about the Atlas, but I don't think you could go far wrong...Wheel choice would respectfully also play a pretty big role how everything spins up.

Lookryder

by Lookryder

Thanks for the feedback. Wheels would be a pair of Enve 4.5. Considering a build with a mix of new Dura Ace and Ultegra bits.

I live in Salt Lake City, so most of my day to day riding is up and down canyon roads, so lots and lots of climbing, but nothing too steep. I currently ride a 53/39 and 11/28 which works fine for all but the steepest pitches. I know weight isn't everything, but that's my only reservation about the Eros and Ti in general.

Pikeyweiss

by Pikeyweiss

That's a cracker of a set up...I don't reckon you could go too wrong...I am riding Enve 3.4s on my Eros...I have heard the Eros geo was sorted by Ben Serotta (but I don't know if that's true)...mine has that magic of being solid & quick...I also own a Mosaic RS-1 & an Argonaut Spacebike...you are blessed to have a bunch of NAHBS dudes in your neck of the woods...world class.

Lookryder

by Lookryder

Just place a deposit on a Helios. Stock geometry, full dura ace except for an ultegra cassette. Should have it in a few months.

Erwin

by Erwin

Very nice! DI2 or/and disc or classic. Please post some pictures!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Lookryder

by Lookryder

Erwin wrote:Very nice! DI2 or/and disc or classic. Please post some pictures!

Mechanical, rim brake. I’m a bit old school.

Color will be matte black with gold labels and no secondary color. The wait is killing me.

I just finished the Salt to Saint relay ride in the rain and cold, and my current bike is already being demoted to rain bike. :D