JRC lightweight carbon components

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

sussexhills

by sussexhills

Has anyone got experience of this new Irish startup? I like the look of their 103g seatpost and great value at 160 euros if it's as strong as they claim.

https://www.jrc-components.com/collecti ... o-seatpost

jrccomponents
in the industry

by jrccomponents

Hi there!

My name is Josh. I started JRC Components earlier this year. Like everybody else here im a weight weenie and admittedly probably take twice as much pleasure out of building superlight bikes as I do actually riding them!

I've been registered to this site before but its been a long time since logging in and not exactly sure on the old login details.

Im not here to try hard-sell anyone but one of my customers linked me to this thread so I thought I'd add to it. We are still a very new company so our product range is still not fully complete. Just today we have newly launched our superlight seatpost clamps, they will be available on our website in the next couple of hours, its currently getting uploaded to the site.

Regarding your question on the quality of our seatposts, we have many top amateurs in ireland racing on our seatposts week-in week-out and we're very confident that the quality is second to none and as good as other WW seatposts at double the price. On top of our 2 year warranty against defects for the seatpost we would be happy to offer yourself or any other weenies here a 40 day return without question if you are not 100% satisfied with the quality of the post after using it (I'd just ask you dont buy it for some hill climb event and return it in the post right after the event :lol: :lol: )

For any other related questions i'll do my best to stay active on the forum so feel free to give a shout.

~Josh

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

darnellrm

by darnellrm

Where are your products manufactured?

jrccomponents
in the industry

by jrccomponents

darnellrm wrote:Where are your products manufactured?

Pretty much our whole product line is manufactured in Taiwan, including our seatposts, allowing us to keep prices low and quality high. I have lived in Asia for long periods of time and speak fluent Mandarin which allows for great communication with my partners and means they have deeper understanding of the requirements needed for our products.

bilwit

by bilwit

looks dope

bilwit

by bilwit

Purchased the seatpost and been on this thing for over 100km now with a Fizik Arione R1.. so far so good. 90g lighter than the Fizik Cyrano 00 seatpost I was using before, which is quite significant given how much it cost.

Setup was a little annoying to get the saddle level while still keeping torque.. the clamp is 3Nm--yes, that's right, 3Nm--of maximum torque. Due to the way the bolts work, I could only get the back one at 3Nm with a torque wrench, the front had to be a little less (in my estimation... due to the spacing, only an L-shaped tool could be used for the front), otherwise the saddle wouldn't be level. I'm a 60kg rider so I wasn't too concerned about this. Giving it a stern pull/yank arm test it seems stable and out on the road I haven't had any issues and I go through some rough road sections..

kfreytag

by kfreytag

bilwit wrote:Purchased the seatpost and been on this thing for over 100km now with a Fizik Arione R1.. so far so good. 90g lighter than the Fizik Cyrano 00 seatpost I was using before, which is quite significant given how much it cost.

Pics please!
Life's too short to ride clinchers.

Current:
Parlee Z-Zero ISP
Santa Cruz Stigmata CC

Past:
Ridley X-Fire Disc

BryanMot

by BryanMot

kfreytag wrote:Purchased the seatpost and been on this thing for over 100km now with a Fizik Arione R1.. so far so good. 90g lighter than the Fizik Cyrano 00 seatpost I was using before, which is quite significant given how much it cost.
Yes please! I would love to see some pics of this seatpost before I buy!
Last edited by BryanMot on Wed Nov 03, 2021 6:21 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Squashednuts

by Squashednuts

I'm using the JRC lightweight head expander.
Much prefer it to the Extralite Ultrastar 3...which I thought was a poor design

Granted it's a few grams heavier 11g compared to the Ultrastar 6g

I just used less bar tape when re wrapping my handlebars...more than offset the difference.
Building Spec Allez

Sold
Fuji SL 5.5kg viewtopic.php?f=10&t=157704

Sold -
Izalco Max Disc 6.7kg http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum ... o+Max+disc

Squashednuts

by Squashednuts

jrccomponents wrote:

Pretty much our whole product line is manufactured in Taiwan, including our seatposts, allowing us to keep prices low and quality high. I have lived in Asia for long periods of time and speak fluent Mandarin which allows for great communication with my partners and means they have deeper understanding of the requirements needed for our products.

Are you likely to be making any seat posts with an offset?

I like that your posts will take more than 85kg...which is me when commuting...only have one bike
Building Spec Allez

Sold
Fuji SL 5.5kg viewtopic.php?f=10&t=157704

Sold -
Izalco Max Disc 6.7kg http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum ... o+Max+disc

jrccomponents
in the industry

by jrccomponents

Squashednuts wrote:
jrccomponents wrote:

Are you likely to be making any seat posts with an offset?

I like that your posts will take more than 85kg...which is me when commuting...only have one bike

Hi guys, thanks so much for the feedback. Its always great to hear it, both positive and negative.

Although an offset seatpost is not in the immediate pipeline its something we are considering. We are also hoping to produce a 350mm option of our current seatpost going forward as anybody riding a sloping geometry frameset probably needs more length than a 250mm.

Im always delighted to get opinions and willing to listen so if theres anything else you'd like for us to consider just drop a post here.

By the way we're @jrc.components on IG if anyone's interested, we've started putting up content almost daily there :beerchug:

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

Stems in the pipeline?
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2019.01.03)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D, Vial EVO Ultra, Scott Foil, Paduano ti bike.

jrccomponents
in the industry

by jrccomponents

wheelsONfire wrote:Stems in the pipeline?

Yessir, we're currently working on it but its time consuming to say the least. Here's one design we're testing with but we're currently trying to figure out how to reduce the weight further without compromising stiffness. Heres one example, Its currently 110.4grams in a 100mm 17degree which just isnt light enough for our liking yet. Keep an ear to the ground though, we do hope to land one in the coming months.

bilwit

by bilwit

Definitely interested in the stems.

Squashednuts wrote:I'm using the JRC lightweight head expander.
Much prefer it to the Extralite Ultrastar 3...which I thought was a poor design

Granted it's a few grams heavier 11g compared to the Ultrastar 6g

I just used less bar tape when re wrapping my handlebars...more than offset the difference.

I was thinking the same thing (force more evenly distributed with the sleeve rather than the two contact points which could potentially cut) but I haven't had any issues with my Ultrastars yet so no need to replace.

BryanMot wrote:
kfreytag wrote:
bilwit wrote:Purchased the seatpost and been on this thing for over 100km now with a Fizik Arione R1.. so far so good. 90g lighter than the Fizik Cyrano 00 seatpost I was using before, which is quite significant given how much it cost.

Pics please!

Yes please! I would love to see some pics of this seatpost before I buy!

I have one with it on a scale in the What Have You Bought Today thread and then one with it on my bike in my sig.. I could try to get some close ups and a better quality host later if you want but I don't really have a non-potato camera. The ones on their website does it better justice.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com