Dura-Ace 9150 & handlebars

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

ThePhoenix74

by ThePhoenix74

I'm building a new bike and the manufacturer only has FSA components. I wish to install the new Dura-Ace 9150 group set with the junction box in the handle bar, and therefore I will supply the bar and stem to complete the assembly.

I'd like to get some WW recommendations for bars and stems that are 9150 ready for the junction box in the bar (without drilling!). I like the ergo/aero bars vs round bars.

Thank you for your help!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

MoreRideTime

by MoreRideTime

Bontrager's XXX Aero handlebar would fit your requirements. All cables run internally and it is drilled for them to come out near the stem.

tantra

by tantra

I am using 3T Aeronova LTD bars on my Parlee with the 9150 groupset. I have the bar-end charging port, and a single wire exiting the bar and entering the frame. The wireless Dfly unit is inside the bars. It looks very clean. My hands love the wide tops on those bars.

Noctiluxx

by Noctiluxx

Enve's new SES aero along with Shimano's Pro Aero bars are made for it.
Bianchi Oltre XR4, De Rosa SK Pininfarina, Trek Madone SLR, Giant TCR Advanced SL, Cervelo R5 Disk, Giant Revolt

Pokerface07

by Pokerface07

Another vote for 3T AeroNova bars. Have them on all my bikes with the bar-end junction box. Slick.
Twitter: @FormerTTchamp https://twitter.com/FormerTTchamp

raggi

by raggi

Using the S-Works Aerofly bars, full internal wiring to the barend junction box, single wire exiting the handlebars, about as clean as it gets.

ThePhoenix74

by ThePhoenix74

Nice, can I see picture of your setup and the cabling exiting the bar?

Pokerface07 wrote:Another vote for 3T AeroNova bars. Have them on all my bikes with the bar-end junction box. Slick.

tantra

by tantra

[quote="ThePhoenix74"]Nice, can I see picture of your setup and the cabling exiting the bar?

There is nothing to see on the outside, just a Di2 wire coming from the cable exit-hole under the bar on the left side and entering the downtube hole on the right side. Inside the bar is a different story.

dak

by dak

Also 3T Ergonovas work
My 2016 Evo Hi-Mod
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=141400

ThePhoenix74

by ThePhoenix74

What about the front brake cable? Anything special about this one?

Do you use a special di2 stem, or regulat 3T?

tantra wrote:
ThePhoenix74 wrote:Nice, can I see picture of your setup and the cabling exiting the bar?

There is nothing to see on the outside, just a Di2 wire coming from the cable exit-hole under the bar on the left side and entering the downtube hole on the right side. Inside the bar is a different story.

Pokerface07

by Pokerface07

ThePhoenix74 wrote:What about the front brake cable? Anything special about this one?

tantra wrote:
ThePhoenix74 wrote:Nice, can I see picture of your setup and the cabling exiting the bar?

Dude, why would you need a special DI2 stem when the junction box is in the BARS?

It's a massively simple thing - junction box in the bar end. ONE cable running out and regular brake cables. That's it.

The only hard part is actually wiring up everything inside the bars.
Twitter: @FormerTTchamp https://twitter.com/FormerTTchamp

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ThePhoenix74

by ThePhoenix74

Guess I'm over complicating it!

Thx!

Pokerface07 wrote:
ThePhoenix74 wrote:What about the front brake cable? Anything special about this one?

tantra wrote:

Dude, why would you need a special DI2 stem when the junction box is in the BARS?

It's a massively simple thing - junction box in the bar end. ONE cable running out and regular brake cables. That's it.

The only hard part is actually wiring up everything inside the bars.