Switch to SRAM Wifli?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

campagowlo

by campagowlo

I'm a Campagnolo user for over 16 years. Dabbled with Dura Ace 7700 when I used to time trial. I like cycling in the mountains but with work I find it hard to do the training needed to use as 12-27 or 13-29. I think an 11-32 would give me the bail out gear needed. I can either go for a super record HO rear derailleur, levers and cassette or switch to SRAM Red wifli. I will keep my overtorque chainset.

It just seems SRAM have done a better job of perfecting this a larger gearing system and Campag are late to the party?

Marin

by Marin

Are you running compact chainrings already?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

alcatraz

by alcatraz

How about an adventure crank?

48/32t or 46/30t.

I'd like 48/30t myself.

FSA slk adventure modular

/a

campagowlo

by campagowlo

Hi - sorry should have mentioned that. I currently use a 50-34 campagnolo overtorque chainset which I am happy with. My current rear derailleur needs replacing anyway. I did the Allos, Cayolle and Champs yesterday which is 3500m elevation gain
.I could have done with a 32 on the last 5km of the Champs to spin a bit more.

The switch to sram would be cheaper as the rd, levers and cassette are cheaper than the campagnolo. I use a downtube lever for my front mech and will keep this system. Ive always used campagnolo though and like the ergonomics.

alcatraz

by alcatraz

11-28 cassette and a smaller crank like 46/30 would be pretty ideal though.

You could keep your campy standard stuff this way. The 46t big ring essentially makes your heaviest cog from 11t to 12t. No big loss.

Light and minimalistic :D ww style
/a

topflightpro

by topflightpro

I have a WiFli RD and 11-32 cassette, as well as longer chain, that I throw on the bike when I take trips to the mountains. But, I'm running a 53/39 up front.

The system works fine. The rear shifting is a little clunky due to the larger gaps between the rings, but it works. With a 34/32, you should be able to climb just about anything, but you won't do it quickly, since you are nearly at a 1:1 ratio.

As a note, I started with an Apex RD, because I was being cheap. That was a mistake. The Apex shifted like crap. I traded up to Force WiFli and everything works much better.

NiFTY

by NiFTY

I use a sram red wifli rd on my bike with 53/39 q rings and switch between cassettes at the rear. Q rings in midcompact can be perilous as if sprinting up hill climbing down the sproxkets in the little ring you can start engaing the shifting ramps as you crosschain and derail the chain unexpectantly
Evo 4.9kg SL3 6.64kg Slice RS 8.89kg viewtopic.php?f=10&t=110579" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com