Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Blog NEW Galleries NEW FAQ Contact About Impressum
It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:22 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:45 am 

53x12 wrote:
The 585/595 regular and ultra frames are some of the best frames made. Even if they are old, they are still great bikes. If you can get a NOS 595 that fits you, I think you should go for it. Lugged frames never go out of style. It will still look great in 10 years time imo.

I agree with this as well.. my 2006 Look 595 still turn heads when i went riding with it and when i tell people that it is already 11 years old, they were stunned as the bike still looks great and like new.

Posted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:45 am 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:53 am 

I am also looking for a new bike that is aerodynamic and fast as my Look 595 is already 11 years old, i want to get a bike that ride better and ride faster and also comfortable. I think that so far i have tried afew top end bikes like Pina/Canyon/Sworks but found that although it is faster than the Look 595, It just does not ride as compliant as the Look 595 felt somehow. I cannot seemed to point out what exactly is the thing that caused the difference but it is just how i felt when i ride the bikes.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:55 pm 

You may try a Time Scylon. Aero and more comfortable than other aero frames with a very sophisticated ride quality. IME compliance makes a frame (and the rider) faster especially when the tarmac is not perfect.

Last edited by kgt on Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:20 pm 

Look595 wrote:
I am also looking for a new bike that is aerodynamic and fast as my Look 595 is already 11 years old, i want to get a bike that ride better and ride faster and also comfortable. I think that so far i have tried afew top end bikes like Pina/Canyon/Sworks but found that although it is faster than the Look 595, It just does not ride as compliant as the Look 595 felt somehow. I cannot seemed to point out what exactly is the thing that caused the difference but it is just how i felt when i ride the bikes.

Sounds like you might want to check out the Trek Madone. Very aero + the IsoSpeed decoupled should give you the comfort you are looking for, at least close to it and pick the right wheels + tires + tire pressure + saddle + bib shorts and that should get you the rest of the way.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:04 am 

please somebody confirm that the 2016 Protos is leagues better than the 595, despite being 1-lbs heavier than my Look 585...

please?

somebody who owns both the Protos, and the 595, please tell me i made the right purchase?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:32 am 

Catagory6 wrote:
please somebody confirm that the 2016 Protos is leagues better than the 595, despite being 1-lbs heavier than my Look 585...

please?

somebody who owns both the Protos, and the 595, please tell me i made the right purchase?

What don't you like about it? What kind of riding do you mostly do?

I don't own one, but have tested it, and it's probably one of the stiffest bikes out there. And with a rather short head tube, it definitely won't be one of the most comfortable rides. Not ideal if you're regularly logging 150+ kilometers on rough roads.

On the other hand, there are probably few other bikes that respond the way it does when you put the hammer down, so if you're racing, I can't imagine the Look would be a better choice.

The 2016 Protos is certainly one of the more interesting bikes to come on the market in recent years, but yeah, it's probably not for everyone.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:08 am 

@Catagory6
Protos is a fine frame, but not for everyone as rlanger says. You obviously don't enjoy your Protos that much for some reason you only know (or don't).
I would sell it asap if I were you...