Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Blog NEW Galleries NEW FAQ Contact About Impressum
It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:47 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 2:59 am 

eaglejackson wrote:
I've had great experience ordering Oakley Rx lenses from https://www.adseyewear.com/ . Great customer service, fast shipment, and excellent prices -- far less expensive than my local optician. My local optician was expensive and got a couple orders wrong. And they said they could not get Rx lenses for the Half Jacket 1.0 anymore. So I gave ADS Eyewear a try and I've been thoroughly delighted. Plus, they were able to get the lenses I wanted that the local optician said they could not.

Thanks for that feedback.
I am also about to order some Oakley Half jacket with transition glasses and they are indeed much cheaper (or let's say less expensive)!
I will give a try and order these at "adseyewear.com".

How long did you wait between order and reception of your Rx glasses?

Posted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 2:59 am 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:09 am 

TonyM wrote:
eaglejackson wrote:
I've had great experience ordering Oakley Rx lenses from https://www.adseyewear.com/ . Great customer service, fast shipment, and excellent prices -- far less expensive than my local optician. My local optician was expensive and got a couple orders wrong. And they said they could not get Rx lenses for the Half Jacket 1.0 anymore. So I gave ADS Eyewear a try and I've been thoroughly delighted. Plus, they were able to get the lenses I wanted that the local optician said they could not.

Thanks for that feedback.
I am also about to order some Oakley Half jacket with transition glasses and they are indeed much cheaper (or let's say less expensive)!
I will give a try and order these at "adseyewear.com".

How long did you wait between order and reception of your Rx glasses?

IIRC it has been usually about a week between order and reception. Maybe two at the tops. They are also very responsive over email and phone to any questions or issues.

I've bought quite a number of Rx lenses in various colors from ADS Eyewear over the years for Half Jacket 1.0, Half Jacket 2.0, and Flak Jacket.

I gave the transition lenses a try a year and a half ago and love them. I live in the PNW where it can be overcast or gray. In those conditions I used a lens with a high VLT like a rose or G30. Or clear when I'm mountain biking in the forest or road biking in winter gray or rain. But some days especially summer it can be bright. Or we travel to ride in sunny locations like Hawaii, Mallorca, Norcal, etc. And for those rides I'd want a darker lens.

With the transition lens I have found they work in all conditions, from when I would want a clear lens all the way to the brightest, hottest days in Hawaii or Mallorca. I brought extra, dark lenses for the trips to the sunny places just in case, but found the transitions worked just great. I'm a big fan now and so is my wife who uses the transition lenses now too (non Rx).

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:24 am 

Thanks for your feedback!

Are your Rx transition clear or slightly grey when it is the winter gray or when it is the winter and raining for example?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:22 pm 

TonyM wrote:

Are your Rx transition clear or slightly grey when it is the winter gray or when it is the winter and raining for example?

They are clear or very slightly gray, depending on conditions. I don't use my clear lenses anymore.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:24 pm 

eaglejackson wrote:
TonyM wrote:

They are clear or very slightly gray, depending on conditions. I don't use my clear lenses anymore.

Ok. Thanks. That's sound very good.