Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Blog NEW Galleries NEW FAQ Contact About Impressum
It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:00 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Felt
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:55 pm 

What's the deal with Felts? FR's and AR's in particular. I never see them talked about or people riding them. Their TT bikes seem fairly popular though.

I'm looking for a new bike. There's a shop nearby that does the best fittings and Felt is one of their big brands among BMC and Cervelo and Scott.

Post subject: Re: Felt
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:57 pm 

I have a 2012 Felt FR1, and I love it. Built up fairly light, without using a bunch of WW stuff, sprints good, and climbs better than I can!!

Posted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:57 pm 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:19 pm 

Felt is one of those brands that flies under the radar. We sell them at the shop, and I think they are very nice bikes, comparable to anything from the other big brands.

My Photoblog

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:21 pm 

FR is their race model. AR is their Aero model. Z is their endurance model. They make some great bikes and have some very good carbon construction methods.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:52 pm 

Ok cool. I was set on getting a 2018 caad12 with the new Ultegra but I like that this shop has a very good fitting program. They use the GURU system and have the retul systems at their smaller locations. So I have the options of the Felt FR or AR, BMC Teammachine and Timemachine (although the geo looks very aggressive), Scott addict and Foil, and then the Cervelos. The Felt AR looks pretty slick in person though.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:55 pm 

Thenuge wrote:
Ok cool. I was set on getting a 2018 caad12 with the new Ultegra but I like that this shop has a very good fitting program. They use the GURU system and have the retul systems at their smaller locations. So I have the options of the Felt FR or AR, BMC Teammachine and Timemachine (although the geo looks very aggressive), Scott addict and Foil, and then the Cervelos. The Felt AR looks pretty slick in person though.

You should be able to find something nice out of those choices!!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:44 am 

I see Felt bikes somewhat regularly. Sure, you could say they are less common then Giant, Trek, Specialized, etc... But they are still one of the major manufacturers. I almost always see one in a group ride of 20+....

If you want some less common but well established, non boutique bikes, check out: Blue, KTM, Diamondback, Ribble, GT, and Mongoose (yes, mongoose makes a full carbon road bike!)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:36 am 

kevhogaz wrote:
I have a 2012 Felt FR1, and I love it. Built up fairly light, without using a bunch of WW stuff, sprints good, and climbs better than I can!!

Felt didn't make the FR in 2012. I assume you meant the Felt F1?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:08 pm 

Ahillock wrote:
kevhogaz wrote:

Felt didn't make the FR in 2012. I assume you meant the Felt F1?

Oops!! It's an F1, I just went and looked at it!!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:14 pm 

I like Felt's geometry- tend to be long/low. Felts also felt livelier than comparable Cervelos (hated the S5, rode like wooden plank). Have an AR1, which is a terrific aero bike, and had a F3, great all-arounder. (actually, also have a Nine FRD hardtail so I must really like them).

For a smaller company, seem pretty research driven as well. Thumbs up from me.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:56 pm 

The new Felt FR's are definitely under the radar and are quite a lot of bike for the money value wise.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:56 am 

Apparently the Willems Veranda's-Crelan Team is having problems with the Felt bikes they are riding. I haven't been able to speak to any of the riders about it but I don't think they will want to talk much about it anymore seeing as how Timothy Dupont was recently suspended by the team due to statements made about, among other things, the Felt bikes.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:32 pm 

Curious what the comments were - they have been running the disc models a fair bit which I would imagine clear any issues had with the bb mounted brake.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:22 pm 

Renne wrote:
Apparently the Willems Veranda's-Crelan Team is having problems with the Felt bikes they are riding. I haven't been able to speak to any of the riders about it but I don't think they will want to talk much about it anymore seeing as how Timothy Dupont was recently suspended by the team due to statements made about, among other things, the Felt bikes.

If Timothy Dupont was suspended for public statements he made about the Felt bikes, surely you could provide those comments for us.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:33 pm 

53x12 wrote:
Renne wrote:

If Timothy Dupont was suspended for public statements he made about the Felt bikes, surely you could provide those comments for us.

That's the really weird thing, he didn't make any statements in media outlets... Director sportif Michiel Elijzen said that he made statements that don't reflect the values of a pro rider, whatever that may mean.
Other riders have said that there have been "problems with the bikes" but I haven't heard any more details about what those actual "problems" could be.

Posted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:33 pm