Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Blog NEW Galleries NEW FAQ Contact About Impressum
It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:24 am

All times are UTC+01:00





Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:13 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Apr 07, 2015 5:40 pm
Posts: 588
So I bought a new bike from ebay and fedex ended up bending both the hanger and the rear derailleur pretty badly. It's pretty clear to me that the outer chain guide plate is bent badly. Sadly it seems that shimano doesn't make this particular plate available to purchase as a separate item (you can buy the inner plate, but not the outer... ).

So should I buy a third party chain guide or just trash the RD and replace it? How can I make sure nothing else is damaged in the RD other than the chain guide?

Please check out the attached picture.

Image


Top
   
Posted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:13 pm 


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:09 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat May 02, 2015 10:11 pm
Posts: 810
Is that a Ultegra RD? Why don't you just buy a new one? They're like 80 buks. And then you'll have those pulley wheels as spare ones.

And buy a new derailleur hanger as well.


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:40 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Sep 16, 2014 4:38 pm
Posts: 78
agree.....just replace

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:52 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:52 pm
Posts: 1528
Does Shimano sell replacement parts?

_________________
Colnago C59


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:04 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Sep 16, 2014 4:38 pm
Posts: 78
AJS914 wrote:
Does Shimano sell replacement parts?
I don't think so...usually just Campagnolo.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:34 am 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:44 pm
Posts: 66
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
nemeseri wrote:
Sadly it seems that shimano doesn't make this particular plate available to purchase as a separate item (you can buy the inner plate, but not the outer... ).

Not sure exactly which derailleur you have, looks like some version of Ultegra? Both inner and outer plates are available for all versions of at least M8000 SS and GS, 6800 and 6700 according to the Shimano parts diagrams.


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:04 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:06 pm
Posts: 442
Location: Yorkshire - God's Own Country
I can't see any damage other than a bent hanger? If you re-align this does it shift OK? if so just ride it.....


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:13 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Apr 07, 2015 5:40 pm
Posts: 588
MayhemSWE wrote:
nemeseri wrote:
Sadly it seems that shimano doesn't make this particular plate available to purchase as a separate item (you can buy the inner plate, but not the outer... ).

Not sure exactly which derailleur you have, looks like some version of Ultegra? Both inner and outer plates are available for all versions of at least M8000 SS and GS, 6800 and 6700 according to the Shimano parts diagrams.



You are right, I forgot to mention that it's the rd-6800-gs. Although if you look at the parts pdf, there is a part number for the inner plate, but no part number is listed for the outer plate. And I wasn't able to find this particular part online.

http://si.shimano.com/pdfs/ev/EV-RD-6800-3608E.pdf

EDIT: I'm an idiot. The part number is Y5YC98080.


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:04 am 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:44 pm
Posts: 66
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
nemeseri wrote:
You are right, I forgot to mention that it's the rd-6800-gs. Although if you look at the parts pdf, there is a part number for the inner plate, but no part number is listed for the outer plate. And I wasn't able to find this particular part online.

http://si.shimano.com/pdfs/ev/EV-RD-6800-3608E.pdf

EDIT: I'm an idiot. The part number is Y5YC98080.

If you're interested, I happen to have spare RD-6800-GS plates both inner and outer. Bought them to modify my Dura-Ace Di2 RD-9070 to medium cage but it didn't work out due to the geometry of my rear derailleur hanger.


Top
   
Posted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:04 am 


Top
   
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 

   Similar Topics   Author   Replies   Views   Last post 
There are no new unread posts for this topic. Replace Dura Ace 7900 Cage Rear Mech

in Road

anicell

1

400

Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:11 pm

ooo View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Dura ace 9000 rear derailleur?

in Road

sinjun

2

679

Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:02 am

richscott View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. eTap Rear Derailleur seems dead

[ Go to page: 1 2 3 ]

in Road

Shrike

41

5748

Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:56 am

colnagoc59 View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Campagnolo Chorus HO Rear Derailleur

in Road

stormur

8

838

Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:30 pm

ultimobici View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. SRAM etap rear derailleur

in Road

aerozy

10

713

Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:06 am

charlieboy52000 View the latest post


All times are UTC+01:00


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], Jaroslaw, nmx and 26 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited