Compact Handlebar with Flat Top?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

daveydoo

by daveydoo

Hi guys,

I'm looking for a new handlebar to replace my current bars (3T Ergonova in aluminum). These came stock on my bike, but I don't like the drops as I feel like the bottom end of the drops is too steep. I wish the bottom of the drop was flatter or more parallel to the ground. What I do like about these 3T bars is the nice big chunky tops. They are fairly wide and oval shape which makes the tops really comfortable when climbing.

I really like the look for the Enve road bars, but these are round on the tops. Does anyone know of a good compact bar that's more ergo or flat on the tops? I'm more of a sprinter build, so I'm looking for something that is sturdy, but also hoping to save some weight if I can.

Thanks!

joejack951

by joejack951

Ritchey WCS Carbon Streem II: https://ritcheylogic.com/wcs-carbon-streem-2-road-bar

I'm enjoying them.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Digger90

by Digger90

Deda RHM02

dj97223

by dj97223

I've been happy with the Williams carbon bars. Compact, flattish top, 192 grams, low price, plenty stiff for me (but I'm not a heavy power guy).
“If you save your breath I feel a man like you can manage it. And if you don't manage it, you'll die. Only slowly, very slowly, old friend.”

kytyree

by kytyree

duplicate
Last edited by kytyree on Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kytyree

by kytyree

I just got a Deda Zero 100 bar that is pretty compact and the top I'd describe as "ovalish". I haven't mounted them yet but I think I'm going to like them.

cycleboyco

by cycleboyco

daveydoo wrote:I really like the look for the Enve road bars, but these are round on the tops.

I've been using the Enve compact bars since they came out and really like them. They are more oval than round, as there are channels for cable routing underneath. They are not as wide as the Ergonova, but once you tape them up, they have enough "girth" for me and the tops are slightly angled if you have the drops horizontal, but the wrist position feels natural to me.

Good luck.

djwalker

by djwalker

I have the Pro Vibe Aero Carbon Bars- Flat on top (obviously) and a compact bend. I really like them.

4ibanez

by 4ibanez

Ax Lightness 4200 fits the bill. Internal routing too if that's your thing.

silvalis

by silvalis

FSA Compacts (energy, kforce, etc etc)
Chasse patate

jeffy

by jeffy

silvalis wrote:FSA Compacts (energy, kforce, etc etc)

+1

half the peloton seem to be on the FSA Energy Compact alloy or K Force carbon.

Great bar, great bend, flat/oval tops, drops are nice and long for more hand positions.

waltthizzney

by waltthizzney

4za cirrus pro handlebar are underrrated

daveydoo

by daveydoo

Thanks for all the ideas guys! I'll check out these options.

sp3000

by sp3000

4ibanez wrote:Ax Lightness 4200 fits the bill. Internal routing too if that's your thing.

^^^^^these^^^^^

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

daveydoo

by daveydoo

I really like the looks of the Ritchey WCS Stream II bar. Looks like the reach is 70mm vs my current bars at 77mm. I'm riding a 110mm stem. Do you think I should also fiddle with my stem length (120)? I'd like to keep my fit as unchanged as possible.