Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Blog NEW Galleries NEW FAQ Contact About Impressum
It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:28 am

All times are UTC+01:00





Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:17 pm
Posts: 984
kgt wrote:
Its geometry is the main reason. Colnago is one of the masters (if not The Master) of road racing frame geometry.


Yes, the geometry, the heritage and all that jazz. Human perception play a big role on fine things we own and value. When you throw your leg over, it puts a smile on your face as nothing is impossible. As you suffer, you look down on your downtube to remind yourself to appreciate fine things in life. Colnago has a character, nevertheless emotional appeal justifies the indulgent spend.

_________________
Racing is a three-dimensional high-speed chess game, involving hundreds of pieces on the board.

:arrow: CBA = Chronic Bike Addiction
:arrow: OCD = Obsessive Cycling Disorder

:nospamhere:


Last edited by mpulsiv on Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
   
Posted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:18 pm 


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:11 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 18, 2006 10:29 am
Posts: 6676
Location: Athens, Greece
How you feel about your bike is important but geometry is something you can measure too. Not something subjective.

_________________
My 6536gr TIME Skylon
My 9733gr COLNAGO Master X-light


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:31 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed May 10, 2017 8:49 pm
Posts: 106
Image wow! macedonia!


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:38 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:13 pm
Posts: 789
wwnick wrote:
Image wow! macedonia!


If u are somewhere around, or u come in this area, just txt me to show u some of the rides (this open for everybody here).

Must to warn u.. Plenty of climbing in most of them :)


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:05 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Dec 15, 2006 7:45 pm
Posts: 4424
Location: Natovi Landing
mpulsiv wrote:
kgt wrote:
Its geometry is the main reason. Colnago is one of the masters (if not The Master) of road racing frame geometry.


Yes, the geometry, the heritage and all that jazz. Human perception play a big role on fine things we own and value. When you throw your leg over, it puts a smile on your face as nothing is impossible. As you suffer, you look down on your downtube to remind yourself to appreciate fine things in life. Colnago has a character, nevertheless emotional appeal justifies the indulgent spend.



Yes, very true, though that can cut both ways though ... yesterday on one of my lowly Canyons I blasted past a few guys on Colnagos and sensed the shock at the cheapskate upstart going 10km/h or so faster than they were - how can it be... WTF!!?? The bikes had nothing to do with it of course, though my pro level frame, wheels, and groupset all makes it a nicer bike to ride than the average mid-level off-the-shelf Colnago.

_________________
----------------------------------------
Stiff, Light, Aero - Pick Three!! :thumbup:


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:05 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:28 pm
Posts: 76
You inferred a lot in the millisecond it took you to blast past there didn't you?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:08 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:13 pm
Posts: 789
sawyer wrote:
mpulsiv wrote:
kgt wrote:
Its geometry is the main reason. Colnago is one of the masters (if not The Master) of road racing frame geometry.


Yes, the geometry, the heritage and all that jazz. Human perception play a big role on fine things we own and value. When you throw your leg over, it puts a smile on your face as nothing is impossible. As you suffer, you look down on your downtube to remind yourself to appreciate fine things in life. Colnago has a character, nevertheless emotional appeal justifies the indulgent spend.



Yes, very true, though that can cut both ways though ... yesterday on one of my lowly Canyons I blasted past a few guys on Colnagos and sensed the shock at the cheapskate upstart going 10km/h or so faster than they were - how can it be... WTF!!?? The bikes had nothing to do with it of course, though my pro level frame, wheels, and groupset all makes it a nicer bike to ride than the average mid-level off-the-shelf Colnago.


I was considered Canyon as well (it will cost me same price as C60). But i did not choose Canyon because of not possible to test ride it (i write an e-mail to Canyon, to travel there, test ride it and if like to buy it. Their response was that they dont have test ride models). Another reason for not buying Canyong was history of broken frames here.. So i wanted something that will last longer time.. And i understund how u feel .. We feel the same here for Pinarello show up guys..


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:58 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:52 pm
Posts: 1479
sawyer wrote:
... yesterday on one of my lowly Canyons I blasted past a few guys on Colnagos and sensed the shock at the cheapskate upstart going 10km/h or so faster than they were - how can it be... WTF!!??


That was all in your mind. :D :D :D

_________________
Colnago C59


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:40 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Dec 15, 2006 7:45 pm
Posts: 4424
Location: Natovi Landing
Bondurant wrote:
You inferred a lot in the millisecond it took you to blast past there didn't you?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk


It was even briefer than that :thumbup:

_________________
----------------------------------------
Stiff, Light, Aero - Pick Three!! :thumbup:


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:42 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Dec 15, 2006 7:45 pm
Posts: 4424
Location: Natovi Landing
3Pio wrote:
sawyer wrote:
mpulsiv wrote:
kgt wrote:
Its geometry is the main reason. Colnago is one of the masters (if not The Master) of road racing frame geometry.


Yes, the geometry, the heritage and all that jazz. Human perception play a big role on fine things we own and value. When you throw your leg over, it puts a smile on your face as nothing is impossible. As you suffer, you look down on your downtube to remind yourself to appreciate fine things in life. Colnago has a character, nevertheless emotional appeal justifies the indulgent spend.



Yes, very true, though that can cut both ways though ... yesterday on one of my lowly Canyons I blasted past a few guys on Colnagos and sensed the shock at the cheapskate upstart going 10km/h or so faster than they were - how can it be... WTF!!?? The bikes had nothing to do with it of course, though my pro level frame, wheels, and groupset all makes it a nicer bike to ride than the average mid-level off-the-shelf Colnago.


I was considered Canyon as well (it will cost me same price as C60). But i did not choose Canyon because of not possible to test ride it (i write an e-mail to Canyon, to travel there, test ride it and if like to buy it. Their response was that they dont have test ride models). Another reason for not buying Canyong was history of broken frames here.. So i wanted something that will last longer time.. And i understund how u feel .. We feel the same here for Pinarello show up guys..


Hi - my post was of course tongue in cheek. The real point is that while Colnago and Pina make great bikes, they won't make you any faster than another less prestigious brand, and buying it feeling some great sense of performance superiority is delusional ...

_________________
----------------------------------------
Stiff, Light, Aero - Pick Three!! :thumbup:


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:46 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:13 pm
Posts: 789
sawyer wrote:
3Pio wrote:
sawyer wrote:
mpulsiv wrote:

Yes, the geometry, the heritage and all that jazz. Human perception play a big role on fine things we own and value. When you throw your leg over, it puts a smile on your face as nothing is impossible. As you suffer, you look down on your downtube to remind yourself to appreciate fine things in life. Colnago has a character, nevertheless emotional appeal justifies the indulgent spend.



Yes, very true, though that can cut both ways though ... yesterday on one of my lowly Canyons I blasted past a few guys on Colnagos and sensed the shock at the cheapskate upstart going 10km/h or so faster than they were - how can it be... WTF!!?? The bikes had nothing to do with it of course, though my pro level frame, wheels, and groupset all makes it a nicer bike to ride than the average mid-level off-the-shelf Colnago.


I was considered Canyon as well (it will cost me same price as C60). But i did not choose Canyon because of not possible to test ride it (i write an e-mail to Canyon, to travel there, test ride it and if like to buy it. Their response was that they dont have test ride models). Another reason for not buying Canyong was history of broken frames here.. So i wanted something that will last longer time.. And i understund how u feel .. We feel the same here for Pinarello show up guys..


Hi - my post was of course tongue in cheek. The real point is that while Colnago and Pina make great bikes, they won't make you any faster than another less prestigious brand, and buying it feeling some great sense of performance superiority is delusional ...


Colnago make u faster actually. But only if its Art Decor. U ride faster to come home and to start cleaning it.. First few weeks.. Until got very dirty once, and u dont care anymore :) so u are cleaning it once in two weeks :)


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:38 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:13 pm
Posts: 789
Anyway, i just get back from climbing near mountain. About 900 meters climb. Today instead of mode riding like when u need to ride something very long (like climbing that 3200m which i post first), i tried to climb as fast as i can for this distance.

https://www.strava.com/activities/1122086118

I was chasing segments called:

1. Nerezi - Krst.

16.2km long, 5% average grade i had on this 224W avg (according to Strava).

2. Nerezi Brdo

5.5 km long, 6% average , i got 256W avg.


I definetely can feel difference between this frame and Pinarello FP3 which i was riding before. So still interested.. What power on climbs like this is considered to be powerfull and can make to feel difference between different frame stifness and different frames?


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:35 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2016 6:34 pm
Posts: 106
Location: Romania
For an nonpro those are respectable average speed/steepness/distance numbers. I would actually disagree to that previous poster, I don't think you need to push 400W to feel it properly. If your heart is exploding and legs burning, frame feel is the last thing going through your head... so if you are at 165bpm and feeling great doing it, then i think it is a great bike ;)


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:47 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:13 pm
Posts: 789
Alexandrumarian wrote:
For an nonpro those are respectable average speed/steepness/distance numbers. I would actually disagree to that previous poster, I don't think you need to push 400W to feel it properly. If your heart is exploding and legs burning, frame feel is the last thing going through your head... so if you are at 165bpm and feeling great doing it, then i think it is a great bike ;)


On segment one: My Average Heart Rate was 170 bpm and feel great :)

On segent two: My Average Heart Rate was 169 bpm and feel great :)

My max today was 183 bpm and im 42 years old (the max i had this year was 185 bpm).

Maybe i cant feel the frame difference.. But it's very good bike, and make me want to ride... And again.. In this part of the world is more status simbol to have Oltre XR4 then C60 (Aero bikes are popular, even we are surrounded with mountains :) So not so many people consider C60 as something special :) ) But u are right.. The fact that make me want to push my limits, make it special :) (at least for me :) )


Top
   
Posted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:47 pm 


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:00 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2016 6:34 pm
Posts: 106
Location: Romania
I'm 37 and fairly overweight, I take it down a notch when I reach 170 because I want to return home to my family in one piece :) But in any case, assuming I'd have a heart over mind budget, a black C60 with SR would be first on the list. Best bang for the buck, Canyon frame with Chorus :)


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 Next

   Similar Topics   Author   Replies   Views   Last post 
There are no new unread posts for this topic. CAAD12 for climbing?

[ Go to page: 1 2 3 ]

in Road

superdx

33

6177

Sat Mar 11, 2017 1:59 am

MisterMuncher View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Is my maths correct?? Climbing and w/kg

[ Go to page: 1 2 3 ]

in Road

mr4fox

30

3009

Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:18 am

GothicCastle View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Looking to build a 12-lbs climbing bike

[ Go to page: 1 2 ]

in Road

Noctiluxx

19

1501

Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:35 am

tonytourist View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Attachment(s) Show me your climbing shifters

in Road

glepore

8

1849

Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:59 am

lovemyway View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Attachment(s) New 2017 BMC Team Machine

in Road

Roel W

10

3040

Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:22 am

eric01 View the latest post


All times are UTC+01:00


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], caad4rep, kookie, tonytourist and 20 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited