J-bend spoke would not fit through Extralite CyberFront SL hub

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

professorandre22

by professorandre22

Hello people. First time publishing here, so pls forget my mistakes. I am building an Extralite CyberFront SL hub radially laced to a Token C22 rim. I was planning to use DT Swiss Aerolite spokes but I have realized that the hub's spoke holes are extremely tight for a DT Swiss sample (but not Aerolite) spoke I have. The company which has sold me the hub told that I can use any 2 mm spoke that I want. Has anyone had difficulties lacing such a hub? Any spoke suggestions?

Enviado de meu Moto G (4) usando Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bm0p700f
in the industry

by bm0p700f

Some hub are tight to get spoke through but once tensioned they sort themsleves out. so long as it goes through all will be well dont worry about bending it the spoke suffers worse when tensioned and then ridden for thousands of miles.

WinterRider

by WinterRider

professorandre22 wrote:Hello people. First time publishing here, so pls forget my mistakes. I am building an Extralite CyberFront SL hub radially laced to a Token C22 rim. I was planning to use DT Swiss Aerolite spokes but I have realized that the hub's spoke holes are extremely tight for a DT Swiss sample (but not Aerolite) spoke I have. The company which has sold me the hub told that I can use any 2 mm spoke that I want. Has anyone had difficulties lacing such a hub? Any spoke suggestions?

Had a tight hub back when... went to hardware store and got a specialty letter drill bit. Drilled them out a couple thou... all was well.
Litespeed 2000 Appalachian 61 cm
Litespeed 1998 Blue Ridge 61cm

Fitness rider.. 1 yr from seven decades age.

That is my story and I'm stick'n to it.

professorandre22

by professorandre22

WinterRider wrote:
professorandre22 wrote:Hello people. First time publishing here, so pls forget my mistakes. I am building an Extralite CyberFront SL hub radially laced to a Token C22 rim. I was planning to use DT Swiss Aerolite spokes but I have realized that the hub's spoke holes are extremely tight for a DT Swiss sample (but not Aerolite) spoke I have. The company which has sold me the hub told that I can use any 2 mm spoke that I want. Has anyone had difficulties lacing such a hub? Any spoke suggestions?

Had a tight hub back when... went to hardware store and got a specialty letter drill bit. Drilled them out a couple thou... all was well.
I decided on Sapim CX Ray for I have found one fella on YouTube who built the very same hub with CXs. By the looks of it, the Sapims went in easely.