BMC Timemachine TMR01 2018 (?)

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

JOrange

by JOrange

I was looking through the BMC website earlier today and noticed that all the TMR01 pages lead to broken links/archived posts. Also, the only TMR related products are 2018 TMR02's (new color schemes)!

Does anyone know if this means a new TMR01 is coming? Or does anyone have any news related to this? I've noticed that during the TdF, BMC Racing seemed to use the new SLR01 almost exclusively, so maybe it'll show up at the Vuelta or sometime this fall? Or did they phase it out :noidea: :cry:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

The Vuelta coincides with Eurobike, so that's a good bet. All future aero bikes from each of the brands should have disc brake versions...

agfu

by agfu

Will be interesting to see what they do with the design and also integration, their roadmachine and team machine have been really tidy

MAsshole

by MAsshole

Let's hope they fix that rear brake.

addictR1

by addictR1

MAsshole wrote:Let's hope they fix that rear brake.

What's wrong with the rear brake beside being a PITA to adjust...

JOrange

by JOrange

Agree on the design/integration, I'm super excited about what they'll do with it! I already had a soft spot for the current TMR01 design, so I don't know how they'll one up themselves.

Also I agree on the brakes - they worked well for me in terms of stopping power, but adjusting them was a chore! Swapping wheels (especially going from a wide set to a narrow set) was quite the event

wingguy

by wingguy

addictR1 wrote:What's wrong with the rear brake beside being a PITA to adjust...

Your question is what's wrong with the rear brake apart from the thing that's wrong with it? :noidea:

MAsshole

by MAsshole

addictR1 wrote:
MAsshole wrote:Let's hope they fix that rear brake.

What's wrong with the rear brake beside being a PITA to adjust...

Exactly that.....

Every bike store I've come across that stocks the TMR complains about them, and most of these guys have 15+ years of experience.

addictR1

by addictR1

Yea the rear brake is a PITA to adjust. Because of that I'm thinking of installin shimanos aluminium inline brake adjuster to fine tune the gap when swapping between wheels.

Renne

by Renne

Last year I had a short talk with an old BMC contact of mine and he hinted at a new TMR design with the integration of a RoadMachine and a disc brake option...haven't seen or heard anything more of this up to date but Eurobike seems like a possibility.

Maddogeco

by Maddogeco

Now that eurobike is wrapping up and we are deep into the Vuelta, it seems BMC has missed all the obvious windows to release a new TMR01. It's a shame I'm a big bmc fan, I have a GF02 Disc and a TMR02. The TMR02 needs replacing but at this stage it might be with a giant or Scott foil unless BMC hurry up and announce something by October.

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

Really doubt they'd announce a new aero bike headed into the road racing off season. You might see something at the Tour Down Under, but it's far more likely that you'll see a March announcement ahead of the major classics if not the Giro or TdF.

TurboKoo

by TurboKoo

Maddogeco wrote:Now that eurobike is wrapping up and we are deep into the Vuelta, it seems BMC has missed all the obvious windows to release a new TMR01. It's a shame I'm a big bmc fan, I have a GF02 Disc and a TMR02. The TMR02 needs replacing but at this stage it might be with a giant or Scott foil unless BMC hurry up and announce something by October.

I'm on a same boat. I have Scott Foil at the moment and want to get discs. So far Foil disc was disappointing due to cable management or more like lacking their hiding. Giant seems to have improved all the small things that I wasn't happy with my Propel. I really would like to have BMC but I cannot go back to "round" tubes. Maybe Trek will introduce soon Madone with discs.
Cannondale SuperSix
Shimano 9270

Maddogeco

by Maddogeco

The last real event for the year is probably the interview show in Vages next week. Let's hope there is some news.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

Maddogeco wrote:The last real event for the year is probably the interview show in Vages next week. Let's hope there is some news.

I very much doubt a Swiss company like BMC would wait until Interbike to unveil a road race bike.