* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Blog NEW Galleries NEW FAQ Contact About Impressum
It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:51 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:16 pm 

evan326 wrote:
Somebody give joeyb1000 a high five

My lovely wife gives me a high-five and a big kiss every day.

Posted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:16 pm 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:02 pm 

What can the season be that i am not able to adjust the front derailleur enough outward when on the biggest ring? When zero resetting i am not able to adjust it enough.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:24 pm 

What can the season be that i am not able to adjust the front derailleur enough outward when on the biggest ring? When zero resetting i am not able to adjust it enough.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:05 pm 
Resident Pro

hold both setting buttons on the shifters until EPS lights blue. then adjust front derailleur using your left shifter. it should be able to move outwards enough.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:22 pm 

But that is for V2. I have V3. Then it is only the mode Button on the leftshifter for front adjustment.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:58 pm 

It's the same for V2 - you only need to use the left mode button for front adjustment. Holding both down is for zero setting only on both versions.

It's the same for V2 - you only need to use the left mode button for front adjustment. Holding both down is for zero setting only on both versions.

Sorry I have no idea why this has appeared four(!) times.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:43 am 

Aah. Thanks. The user manual is really bad, and the videos on the campa site only mentioned V2.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:03 pm 

Just for clarity:
Zero Setting (Blue light) - This is done on the small chainring only. Hold both mode buttons until blue, use front shifters to adjust, and left mode to finish. (if you are referring to my #5 above, move the outer edge of the derailleur cage over the chainring. don't move the chain to the large chainring. You have to zero-set again after this is over)
Rider Setting (Purple light) - This is the micro adjustment. On V2/V3, you can micro-adjust each chainring. Choose chainring, hold left mode until purple, click on front shifters, and left mode to finish.

See also:
https://www.campagnolo.com/media/files/ ... _10_15.pdf

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:37 am 
Shop Owner / Manufacturer

Hi

It sounds as if you are not really sure what you are doing with this.

If it was me, I would take my bike to a Campagnolo ProShop if there is one in your locality as there is a lot more to getting any high-end bike set up "just so" than getting the electronic shift right - in fact the electronics won't be right if other parts of the build are not correct.

As others have said, the basic set-up parameters for v2 and v3 are the same but there are differences in what the system is capable of and what you can do with the system once set up.

Critical though, are areas around rear hanger alignment, low gear limit screw adjustment at the rear, BB installation and FD position and set up. If these areas are not right, the system will never perform as it should and may not be safe to use ...

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:15 pm 

I understand your concern Graeme. But i could never have a bike that I am not able to fix myself, but have to hand in to a shop every time something is wrong.

I have built my own high end bikes with Campagnolo for over 10 years, and they have always functioned flawlessly. But this was the first time with EPS, and the instructions in the parts boxes were quite bad.

I got it working very smooth now, my problem was that i did not press both mode buttons to zero-reset. I thought that was only applicable for V2. When I did this i was able to move the derailleurs to the right positions without trouble.

My only issue now is that I do not see EPS-readings on my garmin 1000 even though i have the newest firmware and it is paired successfully with the EPS. The readings are zero when i display the correct fields.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:48 pm 

torinb wrote:
I understand your concern Graeme. But i could never have a bike that I am not able to fix myself, but have to hand in to a shop every time something is wrong.

I have built my own high end bikes with Campagnolo for over 10 years, and they have always functioned flawlessly. But this was the first time with EPS, and the instructions in the parts boxes were quite bad.

I got it working very smooth now, my problem was that i did not press both mode buttons to zero-reset. I thought that was only applicable for V2. When I did this i was able to move the derailleurs to the right positions without trouble.

My only issue now is that I do not see EPS-readings on my garmin 1000 even though i have the newest firmware and it is paired successfully with the EPS. The readings are zero when i display the correct fields.

on the 1000/820 - the settings must be changed to gearshift in the menu setup...read up on MyCampy & Garmin 820/1000 compatibilty

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:08 pm 

So, TURINB, you've had it to ride all weekend. What do you think?

Posted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:08 pm