Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Blog NEW Galleries NEW FAQ Contact About Impressum
It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:06 pm

All times are UTC+01:00





Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:06 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:47 pm
Posts: 107
c60rider wrote:
When I bought my C60 mhcf end of last year the dealer said there was the option to have mechanical or a dual use frame. So if yours is mechanical only then it won't have a charging hole. There's normally a hole underneath the downtube lug at the bottom bracket marked up as charging plug and another just below and slightly in front of the front mech hanger on the seat tube. That's what the rubber bungs are for. If you don't have both of those holes then it's a mechanical frame only.

Mine is dual use and it hasn't got a charging hole. The bungs are for the holes next to the mechs except the the back one does fit properly.


Top
   
Posted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:06 pm 


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:08 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:47 pm
Posts: 107
benp wrote:
Received my C60 last week. Full steel BB shell and charging point below BB. I should add when I placed my order I was told they had my frame size in stock and it just needed painting. There is nothing to tell when my frame was actually assembled and it could have been quite a while.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was told they don't have 'stock frames'. What size is it?


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:10 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:47 pm
Posts: 107
Sleepless wrote:
Ouch. My warrantied frame hopefully will arrive before 4th August (when Colnago goes on holiday) and I still don't know if it's a repair or total replacement. But this one doesn't really inspire confidence.

Good luck with both the date and the quality.


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:20 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:58 pm
Posts: 215
Location: Istanbul, TR
Thank you wilwil. At this point I'm feeling very cold with my C60. It's been exactly 1 year since my original order and I only had like 500 km on it. I could use the money on better things. I seriously consider selling it as soon as it arrives. If anyone interested in a 56s MHWH, hit me up. :)

_________________
Amaro Loren
Colnago C60 -Done and dusted-
Cannondale SuperSix Evo -Sold-


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:24 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:47 pm
Posts: 107
Sleepless wrote:
Thank you wilwil. At this point I'm feeling very cold with my C60. It's been exactly 1 year since my original order and I only had like 500 km on it. I could use the money on better things. I seriously consider selling it as soon as it arrives. If anyone interested in a 56s MHWH, hit me up. :)

What was wrong with yours?


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:30 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:22 pm
Posts: 38
wilwil wrote:
benp wrote:
Received my C60 last week. Full steel BB shell and charging point below BB. I should add when I placed my order I was told they had my frame size in stock and it just needed painting. There is nothing to tell when my frame was actually assembled and it could have been quite a while.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was told they don't have 'stock frames'. What size is it?


58S


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Top
   
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 2:00 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:19 am
Posts: 1390
I also wish they'd do something more normal with the bottom bracket. It's a shame this bike isn't bb30 compatible and that damn thing won't quit creaking..

_________________
Current:
T2

Retired:
Blue | Project C6.0 | Felt AR FRD | Colnago C59 NERO | 2014 S-Works Tarmac | S-Works Venge | Wilier Cento Uno SL | Tarmac SL2


Top
   
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:49 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jun 21, 2015 9:34 pm
Posts: 44
Imaking20 wrote:
I also wish they'd do something more normal with the bottom bracket. It's a shame this bike isn't bb30 compatible and that damn thing won't quit creaking..



You mean "68mm English threaded" of course. :D


Top
   
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 1:02 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:19 am
Posts: 1390
That too

_________________
Current:
T2

Retired:
Blue | Project C6.0 | Felt AR FRD | Colnago C59 NERO | 2014 S-Works Tarmac | S-Works Venge | Wilier Cento Uno SL | Tarmac SL2


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:08 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:58 pm
Posts: 215
Location: Istanbul, TR
wilwil wrote:
Sleepless wrote:
Thank you wilwil. At this point I'm feeling very cold with my C60. It's been exactly 1 year since my original order and I only had like 500 km on it. I could use the money on better things. I seriously consider selling it as soon as it arrives. If anyone interested in a 56s MHWH, hit me up. :)

What was wrong with yours?


Cracked top tube.

_________________
Amaro Loren
Colnago C60 -Done and dusted-
Cannondale SuperSix Evo -Sold-


Top
   
PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:20 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:48 pm
Posts: 4
This seems like the most relevant thread so posting the question here. A friend is racing in the UCI Gran Fondo World Champs in a week. Today, the metal sleeve inside his Colnago C59 Bb broke apart. Anyone has any idea on how to remove that sleeve in a normal scenario? His Lbs is at a loss at the moment and any hints would help.

In the meantime have asked him to look for a rental. Attached two photos for gig guys to a take a look.

He can buy a replacement bb and sleeve but can't figure out how to remove the broken one ImageImage

Sent from my EVA-L19 using Tapatalk


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:04 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:13 pm
Posts: 802
I just realized analyzing how to remove bb cups from the frame, that mine C60 2016 (i bought it end of July), in Italy, official dealer that also dont have the alloy inserts and that is similar design as OP on this thread.

If i have to choose i'll definetely get version with alloy cups, since this one look like a bit compromise. Probably the save some weight, but still definetely prefer little extra weight vs non insert like in Calnago pictures...

For now no problems, and hope will stay like that....Im really interested for more reports about this specially if someone have 2017 or 2018 version frame...


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:37 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:47 pm
Posts: 107
3Pio wrote:
I just realized analyzing how to remove bb cups from the frame, that mine C60 2016 (i bought it end of July), in Italy, official dealer that also dont have the alloy inserts and that is similar design as OP on this thread.

If i have to choose i'll definetely get version with alloy cups, since this one look like a bit compromise. Probably the save some weight, but still definetely prefer little extra weight vs non insert like in Calnago pictures...

For now no problems, and hope will stay like that....Im really interested for more reports about this specially if someone have 2017 or 2018 version frame...


I noticed in the pictures in your other thread that your BB is the same as mine, without a full aluminium sleeve. I have no creaking problems with mine so far. The new C60s in my local bike shop in the UK have full aluminium sleeve. It seems the frames destined for UK and the USA have full sleeve. The frames for Europe do not.


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:40 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:13 pm
Posts: 802
wilwil wrote:
3Pio wrote:
I just realized analyzing how to remove bb cups from the frame, that mine C60 2016 (i bought it end of July), in Italy, official dealer that also dont have the alloy inserts and that is similar design as OP on this thread.

If i have to choose i'll definetely get version with alloy cups, since this one look like a bit compromise. Probably the save some weight, but still definetely prefer little extra weight vs non insert like in Calnago pictures...

For now no problems, and hope will stay like that....Im really interested for more reports about this specially if someone have 2017 or 2018 version frame...


I noticed in the pictures in your other thread that your BB is the same as mine, without a full aluminium sleeve. I have no creaking problems with mine so far. The new C60s in my local bike shop in the UK have full aluminium sleeve. It seems the frames destined for UK and the USA have full sleeve. The frames for Europe do not.


That's weird, since their marketing was based around that metal sleevs in bottom bracket/headset and they quitely changed that.. Also dont have creaking problems with mine, i have scratched campagnolo bb cup, so that how i start analyzing more detailing..

Anyway, there is another friend who have C60 (he bought it in Slovenia), in trad geometry and he bought it in 2016 June.. I'll check his BB as soon as he is doing some service there...

While we are around BB and C60.. What tool u use to remove campagnolo UT Cups?


Top
   
Posted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:40 pm 


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:48 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:47 pm
Posts: 107
I think I used a Park headset removal tool. You have to ensure it engages on the inside edge not the edge thats in contact with the BB. It doesn't matter if that edge gets slightly damaged as it is not in contact with the frame. There are probably better tools for this job though.


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 Next

   Similar Topics   Author   Replies   Views   Last post 
There are no new unread posts for this topic. Acros the clamp thin metal washers

in Road

Alexandrumarian

3

366

Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:29 am

Alexandrumarian View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Colnago Super vs Colnago Master X-light

in Road

Kupepe

0

1086

Sun Jan 08, 2017 6:57 pm

Kupepe View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Colnago Super vs Colnago Master X-light

in Road

Kupepe

5

2360

Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:19 am

Zakalwe View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. what's going on with Colnago

in Road

fromtrektocolnago

8

3147

Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:27 pm

joeyb1000 View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Colnago K.ONE

in Road

virenque

0

1299

Tue May 23, 2017 7:25 am

virenque View the latest post


All times are UTC+01:00


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], joe1234, zoki76 and 41 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited