F10 now with disc...

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
mile2424

by mile2424

Part of the 2018 line for Pinarello. Haven't heard weights. Looks pretty nice though.

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

Is it really such a big difference from F8 disc?
I kind of wonder if this huge "gear hickup" is our modern disease.
If i would just keep to myself, i know i am not such a good rider i can justify the money that goes in.
(no matter how i look at it, i am still in this for fun)

I wonder how much things really would matter if we had lesser options?

I sometimes wonder if the tools to do the work, has superceded the actual cause to buy them (not just cycling, it's everything really)
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO D
Paduano Racing Fidia
Open *UP*
https://opencycle.com/showcase/the-xplo ... eelsonfire

by Weenie

TonyM

by TonyM

wheelsONfire wrote:Is it really such a big difference from F8 disc?
I kind of wonder if this huge "gear hickup" is our modern disease.
If i would just keep to myself, i know i am not such a good rider i can justify the money that goes in.
(no matter how i look at it, i am still in this for fun)

I wonder how much things really would matter if we had lesser options?

I sometimes wonder if the tools to do the work, has superceded the actual cause to buy them (not just cycling, it's everything really)

That's marketing ...in a world of capitalism :wink: You have to make money money money $$$$$$ :(
Small advantages between the new model and the "old" model but this is sold at a high price. And in terms of marketing you make money when the buyer buy often (what they don't need) rather than selling at an high price and they keep it for ages (like the generation of our grand parents)

I personally identify what I really need and what I would like to have (=luxury). And if I go for luxury (usually the case for cycling as I getting older now and my race days are over) I enjoyed it as a luxury. I also only (!) buy what I like 100%. That way I keep these things longer! No buy with 95% ok but with a big discount for example.

Now I am looking for a rain/ winter bike but I have time as this is a luxury. My 25 y.o. Colnago Dream DA 8 speed works very well. So if I buy a new bike (rain/ winter bike), it has to be really 100% what I like.

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

TonyM, i agree. Buying almost there, because of discounts almost always end up with me still wanting, i am there.
I still can't stop thinking of that specifics that made my head spin.
The curiousity create a need, the need create a manic non resting head spin.

I have followed these manias in many hobbies and quite often end up with the sense, i buy alot to test it.
It's like i had to do it, to silence the demon of urge.

Worst is perhaps when i find i am stuck between and the outcome of this, is not existing.
Like a frame is between two sizes, or you like different ideals, but they're not available in one product.

I even asked for customized handlebars and saddles, but it's really difficult to find anyone who makes these things without 3D cad drawing or mold.
Also, the costs are beyond sanity.

Anyway, if i would look at F8 and F10, i must say on paper they're so close so i really don't see why i would buy F10 over F8.
Pina claimed they did not think a race bike needed discs, so for the need of it, they only made F8 disc but not F10.
I had a guess this would just be about selling as many F8 as possible, followed by the F10 versions inspite of their claims.

To me, it seems this is just business. A mild change of tube shapes, but common, what does that do in the real world?
It had been different if they used a new layup and totally different carbon (+resin).

How long does it take before the 9th world wonder is here?
F12 EPO.... sell your mother!
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO D
Paduano Racing Fidia
Open *UP*
https://opencycle.com/showcase/the-xplo ... eelsonfire