2018 Fuji SL

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Roni1

by Roni1

The 2018 is the same I'm told with a little different color scheme, fuji is solid red on down tube. I just ordered mine from Bicycle Doctor for 1500 US dollars. Should arrive first week of Aug. I have a picture but can't figure out out to make is small enough to post

flying

by flying

I think this is it :thumbup:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Roni1

by Roni1

That's it! 2018

Hamfist

by Hamfist

Any other changes noted for 2018?

Hamfist

by Hamfist

Funny... the SL on PEZ today (and the complete builds on Fuji's US site) have direct-mount brakes, but the frame-only option shows as having a standard brake mount.

Thenuge

by Thenuge

Link to this shop? I'll take an SL frame for 1500. They retail for 2500.

asiantrick

by asiantrick

https://www.yelp.com/biz/bicycle-doctor-los-angeles

I call BS on the $1500 pricing. Since the shop is local, I'll give them a call. Great find if it's 1,500 for 2018 model.

Thenuge

by Thenuge

asiantrick wrote:https://www.yelp.com/biz/bicycle-doctor-los-angeles

I call BS on the $1500 pricing. Since the shop is local, I'll give them a call. Great find if it's 1,500 for 2018 model.

Hmm the one I found is in Indiana. But I emailed them.

Thenuge

by Thenuge

Well I got quoted 1700 for a 2018 and 1500 for a 2017. Well damn. Is this a solid frame or does it have a lot of flex? I understand it's super light but I still want it to be stiff when cranking on it.

pdlpsher1

by pdlpsher1

Hamfist wrote:Funny... the SL on PEZ today (and the complete builds on Fuji's US site) have direct-mount brakes, but the frame-only option shows as having a standard brake mount.

LOL. That picture shown on Pez, the one with the direct-mount brakes, is from a Fuji Transonic. The SLs don't have fat seat stays :D And I went to the Fuji U.S.A. website and all of the SLs show regular brakes. Where do you see the one with direct-mount brakes?

Hamfist

by Hamfist

pdlpsher1 wrote:
Hamfist wrote:Funny... the SL on PEZ today (and the complete builds on Fuji's US site) have direct-mount brakes, but the frame-only option shows as having a standard brake mount.

LOL. That picture shown on Pez, the one with the direct-mount brakes, is from a Fuji Transonic. The SLs don't have fat seat stays :D And I went to the Fuji U.S.A. website and all of the SLs show regular brakes. Where do you see the one with direct-mount brakes?

You're totally right...missed that. In a discussion of the SL they slipped in a pic of a Transonic. I stand corrected.

bremerradkurier

by bremerradkurier

Performance has complete Fuji SLs on sale all the time-combined with their frequent reward points bonuses, buying complete and selling off the unneeded parts might be a cost effective option.

flying

by flying

http://www.pezcyclingnews.com/features/ ... aiWXOSQyHs

From Pez
Caja Rural-Seguros RGA’s Vuelta FUJI SL Bike

BigPoser

by BigPoser

flying wrote:http://www.pezcyclingnews.com/features/caja-rural-seguros-rgas-vuelta-fuji-sl-bike/#.WaiWXOSQyHs

From Pez

The picture that they use of the seat stays are from the Transonic. Look at the shaping of the stays. They are aero. I can guarantee that the SL's do not have direct mount brakes.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

lyrictenor1

by lyrictenor1

BigPoser wrote:
flying wrote:http://www.pezcyclingnews.com/features/caja-rural-seguros-rgas-vuelta-fuji-sl-bike/#.WaiWXOSQyHs

From Pez

The picture that they use of the seat stays are from the Transonic. Look at the shaping of the stays. They are aero. I can guarantee that the SL's do not have direct mount brakes.

Yeah, the pic with the direct mount brake is from a Transonic that must have gotten mixed up with the pics of the SL. If you look at the other pics, they all have standard mounted brakes.