Does anybody know of a round carbon Handlebar that works with internal Junction A, EW-RS910?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Drpoomanchu

by Drpoomanchu

Voyagertwelve wrote:Thanks all, I've ordered the 3T Ergonova LTD, I appreciate your help

Were you able to use the ergonova LTD ok ? Did you run into any issues routing your Di2 cables ?

Voyagertwelve

by Voyagertwelve

Yes, I’ve had it installed on the bike for quite a while now and am really happy with it, routing the cables was easy and it looks and rides great

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

pdlpsher1

by pdlpsher1

For those of you who are using the Ergonova, did you drill a single hole a few centimeters from the end of the handlebar, or did you drill two holes, each next to the shifter?

Drpoomanchu

by Drpoomanchu

Voyagertwelve wrote:Yes, I’ve had it installed on the bike for quite a while now and am really happy with it, routing the cables was easy and it looks and rides great

So do the holes in the bar allow you to route through the bar to the bar ends without drilling ? Just ordered the R8050 group and debated between the rs910 or the under stem 3 point connection but wanted bars to accommodate internal routing without drilling. How do you like the rs910 ? Any pics? Thnx for the info :thumbup:

jwfinesse

by jwfinesse

I can confirm that the new 3T Superergo ltd bars work well with the bar-end junction as I just finished installing them. Well it should, it was released this fall.

Delorre

by Delorre

jwfinesse wrote:I can confirm that the new 3T Superergo ltd bars work well with the bar-end junction as I just finished installing them. Well it should, it was released this fall.

Is it possible to connect both shifters internally? Is the shape of the bends altered compared to the Ergonova? They are nice bars, but don't go very well with Shimano shifters. Just have a look at the latest BMC bikes : they have to rotate the bars upwards more than usaually in order to get a flat transition between bars and shifters. I hope those Superergo bars do better in that regard.

jwfinesse

by jwfinesse

Yes, the bar is entirely hollow, so wiring one lever to another shouldn't be a problem. JC-130, the y-splitter, installs in almost the same manner, and I managed to finish the wiring under 15 minutes.

Regarding the bar's shape, I'm afraid it's almost identical with the Ergonova and ernova. If you set the drop level to the ground, you won't get the flat transition from hood to the bar. But I managed to set it up like that with a hack of my own, inspired by Sram's hood gel thing supplied with their levers.

Couple pieces of bar tape placed on the recessed portion between lever and the bar should raise the recess, thus flattening the transition. It gives extra bit of cushioning for the back of the palm, without having to use the heavier hood gel as well.
Attachments
I'd say it's flat enough
I'd say it's flat enough
DSC_2587.JPG

Lombarts

by Lombarts

jwfinesse wrote:I can confirm that the new 3T Superergo ltd bars work well with the bar-end junction as I just finished installing them. Well it should, it was released this fall.

Good to know! I'll give them a try.

Erwin

by Erwin

@jwfinesse: Thanks a lot. I am also very interested in the Superergo. Can u compare it to the Ernova/Ergonova? Do u like the beefier roundings? I also want to use the bar with EW-RS910. ;)

ms82

by ms82

I know that 3T SuperErgo LTD is compatible with bar end junction for Di2. But is SuperErgo Team too? Is the only difference between those two handlebars in weight? I couldn't find any info on 3T site, because Team version is not there.

ms82

by ms82

So I had it confirmed by a 3T support that Team version, although discountinued, is indeed compatible with Di2 bar end junction only to find out after receiving them that they are not. I guess they should educate their support ;-)