Michelin Comp, killing sidewalls!

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Delorre

by Delorre

Really don't know what you guy's are doing with your tyres, but I've been riding gp4000s for almost 10 years without any blowout, bulging and only a couple of flats in total (at the real end of life of the rear tyre) After 1 set of Veloflex (pretty average in eveything), I'm about to wear down my first set of Michelin Power comp 25 (4500km's), mounted on Bora's with latex innertubes. Again, 0 issues with flats, cuts, blowout,... There is only bulging of the front tyre that happened around the 1000km mark (rear is still fine). Will see how the secound set goes. After >1000 km's recently on the same tyre, but on my Endurace, only love for this tyres. Combined with the 21mm inner width and at 70f /80r, the ride is a delight!

Stolichnaya

by Stolichnaya

Delorre, I have had the same experience - with both tire brands. There is a set of Michelin Pros 25mm tires on some winter wheels that have been on for 3 winter season. I can't kill them. And I am by no means light. I use the Michelin pressure guide, which for me results in 106psi in the rear and have had zero issues with Michelin or Conti (4 season). The only thing that leans me more toward Michelin is the poor grip on the Contis.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com