Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Blog NEW Galleries NEW FAQ Contact About Impressum
It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:29 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:48 pm 

rlanger wrote:
I wear the Kask Mojito, primarily because it fits, looks good, and I didn't want to shell out the extra cash for the Protone, although that helmet really is light and comfortable.

The Mojito is great, but you have to be careful about which sunglasses you choose to pair it with. Not all sunglasses will be able to pass through the adjustable head strap. Not sure, but I assume the same goes for the Protone.

Looking forward to checking out the new Valegro from Kask. Looks like a nice helmet and really, really light.

+1; FYI: http://road.cc/content/tech-news/225315 ... gro-helmet

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:14 pm 

The Giro Ionos fits my huge noggin nicely. Nice adjustability, even on the fly. The style agrees with me, too.
Found a 2nd one on sale at Performance for $100 and tucked it away in my closet.
I hear all helmets tend to degrade slightly over time, but mostly as a result of the sun and heat.
Coming up on three years now, so it's about time to swap it out.

Posted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:14 pm 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:40 pm 

I have a Kask Protone for 2 years now. It is the best helmet I have ever had. Comfortable and reasonably well ventilated as well as somewhat aero. The leather strap adds comfort and durability. It replaced an S-Works Evade that I did not like due to poor ventilation, sold it. I also have an older Limar Ultralight, also good but not even close to the Kask in fit and finish. Persnoally I never liked the look of the Limar. Fabio Aru has one now in the TdF and does not look good. the design feels thouroghly outdated by now.

I usually replace helmets every 2 years as the liner and the straps tend to get funky but the Kask Protone has held up remarkably well.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:52 pm 

ico wrote:
After two models of Specialized Prevail S-Works, two top-end Giro helmet I've bought POC Octal. I sweat a lot and always fighting with excesive sweat in my eyes. POC Octal is the firts helmet that stopped it. I can't say if it is due their retention system or venting..but it works.

Try the Halo band. No more sweat in my eyes.

I originally bought a $40 Specialized helmet and then upgraded to the S-Works Prevail 2. I think the $40 helmet fits slightly better but the Prevail 2 has much more air running through it to keep my head cool. I probably wouldn't have bought the Prevail 2 if I bought the Halo band first tho.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:26 pm 

I'm using the Met Manta as my primary helmet, love that thing. But I'm also have a Kask Mojito for climbing, it was my primary helmet before I got the Met. I don't like the retention system, my Oakleys get in the way with them and the chinstrap is kinda annoying

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:44 am 

I always had Giro and like them. Now I switched to the Synthe Mips for safety reasons. One in white for the summer/ dry days and another one in flash yellow for the winter/ rainy days. I usually buy new ones every 3 years (also due to the marketing of the manufacturers).

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:10 am 

I had a Specialized Echelon for 2 years. Felt good en great ventilation but it was heavy.

Now for about a month I have the MET Manta. Great helmet! It's really aero and it is damn light. And the ventilation is good enough for me. Since I live in the flat Netherlands I haven't tested it climbing but I think ventilation will be all right.

Bought it for 125 Euros so it isn't to expensive.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 1:35 pm 

Somebody an idea when they upgrade the Sworks Evade helmet?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:40 pm 

I just crashed in my Lazer Z1 3 months ago and it prevented a concussion at the very least... I like the helmet a lot for it's temporal protection and smooth fit adjustment dial on the top of the helmet instead of the back.

I've begun trailing a Bell Z20 (formerly Zephyr) with its integral MIPS liner. It feels almost exactly like a Giro Synthe on my head.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:31 am 

Basicaly I use helmet for maximum of 5 years from manufacture usualy ended up changing in 2~3 years.
I just change my whent from a B'twin Sport 900 to a SPZ Propero 3 asia. It was the only one that fit great. Never been a fan of the SPZ, but didn't find any other that fit so well.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:38 am 

atakaoka wrote:
Basicaly I use helmet for maximum of 5 years from manufacture usualy ended up changing in 2~3 years.
I just change my whent from a B'twin Sport 900 to a SPZ Propero 3 asia. It was the only one that fit great. Never been a fan of the SPZ, but didn't find any other that fit so well.

I really wish they sold the Specialized Prevail 2 in Asian fit here in the US. I could always buy it overseas, but I fear that if I get into a huge accident or killed where lawyers/courts are involved. Buying a safety item that wasn't sold in the USA would be bad in my case.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:32 am 

I've had my lazer for past couple of years. I wash them regularly and keep my helmets a long time.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:44 am 

Bell Zephyr MIPS for me - works a treat as it's light and fluoro

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:33 am 

Replaced a Giro Foray because it was cracked. Fell on it once, but I fear the crack was from stuffing it between car seats.

Now I have an awesome Rh+ zAlpha. Planning to replace it only if it gets damaged.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:50 pm 

Scott Cadence Plus. An aero road helmet, but its very comfortable and the ventilation is the best!

Posted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:50 pm 

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next