Which Model of Helmet Do You Wear and Why? How Frequently Do You Replace It?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

TonyM

by TonyM

froze wrote:I just use whatever brand I can get on the biggest discount. My current helmet is a 7 year old Lazer that retailed for $120 that I paid $45 for on a closeout; so I'm not brand specific when it comes to buying helmet.

As long as it is the biggest discount is in terms of $ (i.e. from $120 to $45) and not in terms of % (i.e. from $20 to $1) you should be fine as these helmets should be of good quality.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

After a few months, I'm very happy with my Bell Z20. It's airy, looks good and has no pressure points on my head. The straps lay completely flat and that little extension of the brow pad in front really does keep sweat off sunglasses. The only issue I have is that there's no good way to store sunglasses when you're riding fast on a windy day. The front vents don't fit any sunglasses and the rear vents are not secure enough for anything other than lower speeds like climbing or urban riding.

MXGimp

by MXGimp

Riding in a Specialized Airnet. I will replace a helmet any time I crash in it or it hits the ground hard.