Cannondale 2018 road bikes

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

jobvisser

by jobvisser

C36 wrote:Image

i like this one. no need for all the colors that will end up brown every ride
---> :oops: Send me a pm to order world's lightest low carbon fiber dust covers! (1g) :oops: <---

wingguy

by wingguy

TheDarkInstall wrote:They haven't updated the actual frame either have they,

It'll be the third season for the HM rim frame and second season for the HM disc and SM frames. That's totally industry standard these days.

and seem to be focusing mainly on the non-Hi Mod stuff with the Evos. A clear move away from high end racing machines, and over to commodity items.

LOL wut? :noidea:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Ronin416

by Ronin416

Zzzzzzzz

TheDarkInstall

by TheDarkInstall

wingguy wrote:
TheDarkInstall wrote:They haven't updated the actual frame either have they,

It'll be the third season for the HM rim frame and second season for the HM disc and SM frames. That's totally industry standard these days.

and seem to be focusing mainly on the non-Hi Mod stuff with the Evos. A clear move away from high end racing machines, and over to commodity items.

LOL wut? :noidea:

Classic wingguy.

wingguy

by wingguy

What, reasonable and balanced commentary? I know, I just can't help myself...

alastairb

by alastairb

jobvisser wrote:

Got one; like it a lot [emoji4]

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

TheDarkInstall

by TheDarkInstall

Yeah that black and chrome one is pretty nice. I actually nearly bought this exact frame in March. Found a place in NZ that are doing it for a decent price.

Is this black one specific to any particular region? It is definitely not available in Japan, I know that much.

MathewT

by MathewT

Do you know when they are releasing the caad12 disc ultegra for 2018?

AW84

by AW84

Can't tell from the photos, but are the Evo's still not full internal cable routing? This remains the one and only reason I won't put a Cannondale on my list of potential bikes. No excuse for it at this point.

TheDarkInstall

by TheDarkInstall

AW84 wrote:Can't tell from the photos, but are the Evo's still not full internal cable routing? This remains the one and only reason I won't put a Cannondale on my list of potential bikes. No excuse for it at this point.

Yeah that is lame. The new Evo comes in just one version, with the mechanical shifter routing being handled by bolt on bosses. These get taken off when electronic is used, leaving holes in the frame under the down tube and bottom bracket shell. The previous generation Evo had Di2 specific frames separate to mechanical with routing to match and no holes. Again, this is production line 'optimizing' (cost cutting).

glam2deaf

by glam2deaf

Very biased here but the 2017 Black/Silver is one of the best. I was also really fond of the 2016 Grey(White)/red was stunning.

TheDarkInstall wrote: Again, this is production line 'optimizing' (cost cutting).

I'm going to have to give Cannondale a pass on this one (again biased), I like to switch groupsets, so it's pretty nice that I just have to attach the guides if I wanted to switch to something mechanical.

jlok

by jlok

Ditch the bolt on bosses, eTap all the way.
Rikulau V9 DB Custom < BMC TM02 < Litespeed T1sl Disc < Giant Propel Advanced SL Disc 1 < Propel Adv < TCR Adv SL Disc < KTM Revelator Sky < CAAD 12 Disc < Domane S Disc < Alize < CAAD 10

Beaver

by Beaver

TheDarkInstall wrote:Yeah that black and chrome one is pretty nice. I actually nearly bought this exact frame in March. Found a place in NZ that are doing it for a decent price.

Is this black one specific to any particular region? It is definitely not available in Japan, I know that much.

Maybe it's not on offer in Japan because of the custom program.

In Europe it's availiable and on sale at the moment: https://www.bunnyhop.de/de/fahrradrahme ... ction_ms=1

The paint job is a little heavy, my 56cm came in 850g for the frame, 290g for the fork.

wingguy

by wingguy

jobvisser wrote:

Ironically there have been a few problems with water and dirt getting under the chromed sections of the frame and fork on that bike... and turning it brown.

If it's still in the range for next year I would hope they've fixed it though.

kgt

by kgt

I like Cannondale frames a lot but I agree that it seems like the company has cost cutting as its main priority. Full internal cabling should be standard at 2018 models.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com