Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Blog NEW Galleries NEW FAQ Contact About Impressum
It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:45 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 143 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 610 Next
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:28 am 

Beaver wrote:
TheDarkInstall wrote:
Beaver wrote:
Unfortunately they are part of Dorel Industries - and a stock corporation needs continuous growth at any cost...

But it's not only bikes: if you have a look at the current car quality... yikes.

You are correct.

I was thinking recently... I haven't bought anything at all in the last 5 years that hasn't been a bit shit in some way. Everything is junk now.

The whole system this world is running is the problem. The money flows from the masses to the already rich. Everybody knows this and it is complained about, that the rich get richer and there are more and more poor people, but nobody does anything about it. Because the ones who have money are the only ones with enough influence to change it. But why should they? ;) The middle class also takes part in this, secretly hoping to become also rich one day.

So the spiral with cost reduction and profit maximizing will continue (although eternal growth is impossible). More and more unemployment and so on. In Germany we officially have less unemployment, but they just changed the way it is counted (e.g. anyone unemployed who does an advanced training is not counted and so on).

On the other hand there are more and more millionairs... I wonder for how long this will work. There are also "gated communities" in Germany now...

And that's why roadbikes for 10,000 bucks are not "crazy" anymore. Supply and demand.

5,299€ got you a Hi-Mod with Dura Ace 2017:

NON Hi-Mod 2018:

Great.

Sir, you got it all right about the social class struggle. That's neoliberalism + capitalism in work. Hat's off to you.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:53 am 

But how do we change it? The politicians are the only ones who could do it, but they have a nice remuneration, their own pension system and brunch with lobbyists on sundays... they will never say a word against "the money" ever, you don't cut your own flesh. And btw.: to become a successful politician you are expected to bring in some capital, at land level in Germany around 75,000€... so there are only already wealthy politicians anyway. Not to speak about Trumps cabinet of billionairs with Goldman Sachs backround. :) Of course they will do anything to make life better for the "forgotten" poor people. :D

And Apple, Amazon, Starbucks and so on hardly pay any tax in Europe, because the countries with the headquarters fear to loose them (Ireland refuses to take tax from Apple :) ). But that's the companies we spend our money on, they got to return something or the system won't work, e.g. money will be missing where it is needed.

But btt, I don't want to ruin everyones mood. ;)

Posted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:53 am 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:28 pm 

This thread has taken a turn right up my alley. To be fair it started there with the Cannondale discussion.

Love your work Beaver.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:41 pm 

This thread has gotten retarded.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:11 pm 

Sorry for that, this doesn't belong here. But it explains why we have to pay more each year or get less for the same money.

Or do the salaries of the chinese workers who build all our stuff just raise that much every year...? ;)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:57 pm 

Any photos of the Ultegra Supersix (non disc-no hi mod)
Trying to decide if it's worth pulling the trigger on the current one reduced or waiting for the Ultegra R8000 version.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:02 pm 

If you get 30% off, you should have more than enough money for the Ultegra 8000 parts (if you keep the stock SI crank).

http://www.ciclib.de/Raeder/Rennraeder/ ... gKkQfD_BwE

If the price for the 2018 model increases - as I would guess - even more so. And you can sell the "old" parts.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:13 pm 

topflightpro wrote:
kgt wrote:
I like Cannondale frames a lot but I agree that it seems like the company has cost cutting as its main priority. Full internal cabling should be standard at 2018 models.

As nice as full internal cable routing looks, it is an absolute PIA to deal with when replacing cables. I think Cannondale's solution is rather genius.

I recall reading that the external routing was from feedback from Cannondale Team mechanics, guess it saves them time that they can put into BB30 servicing.

Pinarello went back to threaded from press fit at the request of Sky Mechanics....

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:40 pm 

jeffy wrote:
I recall reading that the external routing was from feedback from Cannondale Team mechanics, guess it saves them time that they can put into BB30 servicing.

:up:

Ha, wondering if they replace the bearings every week! BB30, terrible design, my Caad10 commuter now has a Praxis BB convertor.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:08 am 

jeffy wrote:
Pinarello went back to threaded from press fit at the request of Sky Mechanics....

In what bike do you think Pinarello used pressfit? They've been Italian threaded since forever until now, continuous*. :noidea:

* Apart from on one of the metal Dogma's, but that went out years before Sky even existed.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:33 am 

Back when rode mountain bikes, I adored Cannondale. Cant say they do much for me anymore, especially their color schemes. I hope they still present a good value because i see a lot of them.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:28 pm 

Wasn't Peter Denk "replaced" by Damon Rinard?

maquisard wrote:
Peter Denk left, that is all that happened...

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:04 pm 

Yeah, but Rinard isn't anywhere near the talent that Denk was. Denk was the designer of the Addict at Scott and the EVO at Cannondale. He made a real change, what did Rinard do at Cervelo, he wasn't even one of the main design engineers on the current frames.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:25 am 

tarmackev wrote:
Any photos of the Ultegra Supersix (non disc-no hi mod)
Trying to decide if it's worth pulling the trigger on the current one reduced or waiting for the Ultegra R8000 version.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First page, my first post. In my photos the Supersix Evo ultegra is there in two colours. It's not hi-mod and not disc. Check the links too for other photos, the green version changes colour in the light.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:29 pm 

Posted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:29 pm 

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 143 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 610 Next