Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Blog NEW Galleries NEW FAQ Contact About Impressum
It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:45 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 143 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 510 Next
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:02 pm 

Unfortunately they are part of Dorel Industries - and a stock corporation needs continuous growth at any cost...

But it's not only bikes: if you have a look at the current car quality... yikes.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:07 pm 

wingguy wrote:
jobvisser wrote:
C36 wrote:

i like this one. no need for all the colors that will end up brown every ride

Ironically there have been a few problems with water and dirt getting under the chromed sections of the frame and fork on that bike... and turning it brown.

If it's still in the range for next year I would hope they've fixed it though.

Uh oh. :shock:

It also feels strange to the touch: it's a plastic sheet and flatter than the black paint around it. But I thought about a repaint anyway... :doh:

Posted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:07 pm 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:15 pm 

I am confused as to what is on cannondale's US website in terms of what is 2018 colours or are they all still the 2017 range? The UK website is always late to update every year when new bikes or colours are announced. I simply wish Cannondale's custom labs was available outside of Japan and I could finally make a colour scheme I like. I love that they don't go mental every year radically changing the bikes design to fit new trends or marketing crap and stick closely to what has proven to work but the colour schemes now for years have been shocking, seriously for a majority of them who the f*** sits there and looks at most of them and says 'yeah they look good' and signs off on them.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:27 pm 

kgt wrote:
I like Cannondale frames a lot but I agree that it seems like the company has cost cutting as its main priority. Full internal cabling should be standard at 2018 models.

I agree. Cannondale has phoned it in for some time now. Even Trek is innovating more than Cannondale, and I never would have thought I would see that day.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:56 pm 

Peter Denk left, that is all that happened...

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:46 am 

wingguy wrote:
jobvisser wrote:
C36 wrote:
Ironically there have been a few problems with water and dirt getting under the chromed sections of the frame and fork on that bike... and turning it brown.

If it's still in the range for next year I would hope they've fixed it though.

Ha, is that so? Jesus. The paint job and carbon work on my 2014 hi mod is utterly shoddy. Good to see Cannondale are sticking to their guns of not making things properly.

My 2014 issues include;

-lumpy carbon on the top tube to the point where you can see a visible depression from all angles
-non-parallel bearing shoulders in the headtube leading to a life of impossible to fix headset preloading problems.
-left and right fork leg angles are visibly different
-rear drop outs are not parallel
-paintwork is all over the place with rough edges, hurried poorly done masking etc.
-filler visibly used in various places

Really crap for such a high retail cost item.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:02 am 

So... 2018 and not a single 'aero frame' offering?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:07 am 

Beaver wrote:
Unfortunately they are part of Dorel Industries - and a stock corporation needs continuous growth at any cost...

But it's not only bikes: if you have a look at the current car quality... yikes.

You are correct.

I was thinking recently... I haven't bought anything at all in the last 5 years that hasn't been a bit shit in some way. Everything is junk now.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:11 am 

In some positive news, a CAAD12 eTap showed up at one of our local shops today. Not sure of pricing on it, but ought to be a popular model for folks to get into a racey bike with wireless shifting.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:51 pm 

kgt wrote:
I like Cannondale frames a lot but I agree that it seems like the company has cost cutting as its main priority. Full internal cabling should be standard at 2018 models.

As nice as full internal cable routing looks, it is an absolute PIA to deal with when replacing cables. I think Cannondale's solution is rather genius.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:56 pm 

It is not such a big deal. It depends. Anyway we are in 2017 so...

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:29 pm 

I much prefer externally routed cables. It's more likely to be quiet and is easier to tune.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:43 pm 

Ads for the 2018 synapse in August Cycling magazine.

Also an ad saying Canyons will be available in August.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:47 am 

TheDarkInstall wrote:
Beaver wrote:

You are correct.

I was thinking recently... I haven't bought anything at all in the last 5 years that hasn't been a bit shit in some way. Everything is junk now.

The whole system this world is running is the problem. The money flows from the masses to the already rich. Everybody knows this and it is complained about, that the rich get richer and there are more and more poor people, but nobody does anything about it. Because the ones who have money are the only ones with enough influence to change it. But why should they? ;) The middle class also takes part in this, secretly hoping to become also rich one day.

So the spiral with cost reduction and profit maximizing will continue (although eternal growth is impossible). More and more unemployment and so on. In Germany we officially have less unemployment, but they just changed the way it is counted (e.g. anyone unemployed who does an advanced training is not counted and so on).

On the other hand there are more and more millionairs... I wonder for how long this will work. There are also "gated communities" in Germany now...

And that's why roadbikes for 10,000 bucks are not "crazy" anymore. Supply and demand.

5,299€ got you a Hi-Mod with Dura Ace 2017:

NON Hi-Mod 2018:

Great.

Posted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:47 am 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:31 am 

I want the white CAAD12 with ultegra and I want it now.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 143 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 510 Next