Cannondale 2018 road bikes

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
jobvisser
Posts: 78
Joined: Sun Aug 14, 2016 10:24 am

by jobvisser

C36 wrote:Image


i like this one. no need for all the colors that will end up brown every ride

wingguy
Posts: 3527
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:43 pm

by wingguy

TheDarkInstall wrote:They haven't updated the actual frame either have they,

It'll be the third season for the HM rim frame and second season for the HM disc and SM frames. That's totally industry standard these days.

and seem to be focusing mainly on the non-Hi Mod stuff with the Evos. A clear move away from high end racing machines, and over to commodity items.

LOL wut? :noidea:

by Weenie


Ronin416
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:46 pm

by Ronin416

Zzzzzzzz

TheDarkInstall
Posts: 723
Joined: Sun Jan 26, 2014 3:44 am

by TheDarkInstall

wingguy wrote:
TheDarkInstall wrote:They haven't updated the actual frame either have they,

It'll be the third season for the HM rim frame and second season for the HM disc and SM frames. That's totally industry standard these days.

and seem to be focusing mainly on the non-Hi Mod stuff with the Evos. A clear move away from high end racing machines, and over to commodity items.

LOL wut? :noidea:


Classic wingguy.

wingguy
Posts: 3527
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:43 pm

by wingguy

What, reasonable and balanced commentary? I know, I just can't help myself...

alastairb
Posts: 102
Joined: Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:36 pm

by alastairb

jobvisser wrote:
C36 wrote:Image


i like this one. no need for all the colors that will end up brown every ride

Got one; like it a lot

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

TheDarkInstall
Posts: 723
Joined: Sun Jan 26, 2014 3:44 am

by TheDarkInstall

Yeah that black and chrome one is pretty nice. I actually nearly bought this exact frame in March. Found a place in NZ that are doing it for a decent price.

Is this black one specific to any particular region? It is definitely not available in Japan, I know that much.

MathewT
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:12 am

by MathewT

Do you know when they are releasing the caad12 disc ultegra for 2018?

AW84
Posts: 65
Joined: Fri Aug 15, 2014 7:04 am

by AW84

Can't tell from the photos, but are the Evo's still not full internal cable routing? This remains the one and only reason I won't put a Cannondale on my list of potential bikes. No excuse for it at this point.

TheDarkInstall
Posts: 723
Joined: Sun Jan 26, 2014 3:44 am

by TheDarkInstall

AW84 wrote:Can't tell from the photos, but are the Evo's still not full internal cable routing? This remains the one and only reason I won't put a Cannondale on my list of potential bikes. No excuse for it at this point.


Yeah that is lame. The new Evo comes in just one version, with the mechanical shifter routing being handled by bolt on bosses. These get taken off when electronic is used, leaving holes in the frame under the down tube and bottom bracket shell. The previous generation Evo had Di2 specific frames separate to mechanical with routing to match and no holes. Again, this is production line 'optimizing' (cost cutting).

glam2deaf
Posts: 603
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:36 am

by glam2deaf

Very biased here but the 2017 Black/Silver is one of the best. I was also really fond of the 2016 Grey(White)/red was stunning.

TheDarkInstall wrote: Again, this is production line 'optimizing' (cost cutting).


I'm going to have to give Cannondale a pass on this one (again biased), I like to switch groupsets, so it's pretty nice that I just have to attach the guides if I wanted to switch to something mechanical.

jlok
Posts: 369
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:30 am

by jlok

Ditch the bolt on bosses, eTap all the way.

User avatar
Beaver
Posts: 256
Joined: Wed Aug 18, 2004 6:06 pm
Location: Lower Saxony - Germany

by Beaver

TheDarkInstall wrote:Yeah that black and chrome one is pretty nice. I actually nearly bought this exact frame in March. Found a place in NZ that are doing it for a decent price.

Is this black one specific to any particular region? It is definitely not available in Japan, I know that much.


Maybe it's not on offer in Japan because of the custom program.

In Europe it's availiable and on sale at the moment: https://www.bunnyhop.de/de/fahrradrahme ... ction_ms=1

The paint job is a little heavy, my 56cm came in 850g for the frame, 290g for the fork.

wingguy
Posts: 3527
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:43 pm

by wingguy

jobvisser wrote:
C36 wrote:Image

i like this one. no need for all the colors that will end up brown every ride

Ironically there have been a few problems with water and dirt getting under the chromed sections of the frame and fork on that bike... and turning it brown.

If it's still in the range for next year I would hope they've fixed it though.

by Weenie


User avatar
kgt
Posts: 6717
Joined: Sun Jun 18, 2006 10:29 am
Location: Athens, Greece

by kgt

I like Cannondale frames a lot but I agree that it seems like the company has cost cutting as its main priority. Full internal cabling should be standard at 2018 models.

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post