Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Blog NEW Galleries NEW FAQ Contact About Impressum
It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:22 am

All times are UTC+01:00





Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Chinese Di2 Disc
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:35 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2016 10:25 am
Posts: 67
Location: Krasnoyarsk, Russia
@Ticlimax, how's the build going? Did you settle down with a frame choice? I'm looking for details about WCB-R-093 and search brought up your thread.

_________________
Hongfu FM079 (6.72 kg)


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Chinese Di2 Disc
Posted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:35 am 


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: Chinese Di2 Disc
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:02 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2016 2:44 pm
Posts: 69
Hi,

just had the frame delivered friday. Decided to keep the Carbonbikekits wheelset in the end. I've also ordered:
- Kalloy Uno stem
- DT Swiss through axles
- Ebay seatpost (to cheap not to at least check it out)

Still debating whether to build with r785 shifters or to change to new ultegra (will probably depend on whether anyone is willing to buy the old stuff).

Have also bought a new saw for cutting the seatpost and fork, and Effetto Mariposa Carbogrip and Carbomove (as an assembly compound and for the bolts).

Still need new tyres. I want to see more revieuws on the Vittoria Corsa Controls before I decide on that.

Anyway about the frame :):
Everything looks good, no sharp edges, cracks or defaults that I can see. Both frame and fork are a little heavier than advertised (906g without seat clamp, and 345g for the fork), but not horribly so. You should also note that they if you are looking to change the headset, it is the same as some specialised bikes have (Top: IS42/28,6 Bottom: IS49/37). Rather rare, but I have found both BBB and Wheels MFG to have it.

I am agonizingly busy at the moment with work, so not being able to continue building is killing me right know :D.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Chinese Di2 Disc
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:41 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2016 2:44 pm
Posts: 69
So I've almost gathered all of my materials and am starting to get a build going.

So far the list is as follows:
120mm Kalloy stem with ti bolts 108
Workswell carbon saddle 100
Workswell headset expander 59
Workswell headset 63
Seat clamp 24
Workswell fork 343
Workswell r-093 frame 906
Workswell size 42 WHB-010 handlebar 207
Ebay seatpost 145
2x Michelin butyl ultralight tubes 160
Sram Red 22 compact crank 175mm GXP 615
Schwalbe rim tape 24
Carbonbikekits 45mm with 24 Pillar 1420 spokes and Novatec 411/412sb-cl hubs 1533
2x Shimano rt-900 160mm rotors with lockring 265
Ultegra chain - filthy 242
Ultegra cassette 11-28 used 211
Dt Swiss RWS plug in road thru axles with 1 lever 68
Wheels Mfg thread together angular bearing bottom bracket 104
Di2 6870 FD + RD + Battery + Junction boxes and cables 497
Disc brake adapters and bolts 110
R785 shifters, BR-785 calipers, hoses and mineral oil 862
Dirty and used Vittoria Corsa 25mm tires 546
Bar tape 70

TOTAL 7262

Items in cursive have yet to be weighed and are estimates.
I would be absolutely over the moon with that weight, but I've an itching feeling I'm going to be disappointed when I actually weigh it. I'm guessing I've forgetting something. If a 5000 euro Canyon with the next gen di2 weighs 7,4kg, mine is probably going to weigh more. Can anyone point out the thing(s) I am missing?

Seatpost and fork are uncut (won't save to much but still), but I'll probably add some grams for assembly paste and grease. And then another 150g when my behind says no to the saddle :D.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Chinese Di2 Disc
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:21 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2007 7:23 pm
Posts: 43
Ticlimax wrote:
So I've almost gathered all of my materials and am starting to get a build going.

So far the list is as follows:
120mm Kalloy stem with ti bolts 108
Workswell carbon saddle 100
Workswell headset expander 59
Workswell headset 63
Seat clamp 24
Workswell fork 343
Workswell r-093 frame 906
Workswell size 42 WHB-010 handlebar 207
Ebay seatpost 145
2x Michelin butyl ultralight tubes 160
Sram Red 22 compact crank 175mm GXP 615
Schwalbe rim tape 24
Carbonbikekits 45mm with 24 Pillar 1420 spokes and Novatec 411/412sb-cl hubs 1533
2x Shimano rt-900 160mm rotors with lockring 265
Ultegra chain - filthy 242
Ultegra cassette 11-28 used 211
Dt Swiss RWS plug in road thru axles with 1 lever 68
Wheels Mfg thread together angular bearing bottom bracket 104
Di2 6870 FD + RD + Battery + Junction boxes and cables 497
Disc brake adapters and bolts 110
R785 shifters, BR-785 calipers, hoses and mineral oil 862
Dirty and used Vittoria Corsa 25mm tires 546
Bar tape 70

TOTAL 7262

Items in cursive have yet to be weighed and are estimates.
I would be absolutely over the moon with that weight, but I've an itching feeling I'm going to be disappointed when I actually weigh it. I'm guessing I've forgetting something. If a 5000 euro Canyon with the next gen di2 weighs 7,4kg, mine is probably going to weigh more. Can anyone point out the thing(s) I am missing?

Seatpost and fork are uncut (won't save to much but still), but I'll probably add some grams for assembly paste and grease. And then another 150g when my behind says no to the saddle :D.


Pedals?


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Chinese Di2 Disc
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:27 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2016 2:44 pm
Posts: 69
I'm weighing the bike without, to compare how my Chinese adventure turns out compared to the likes of Rose and Canyon.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Chinese Di2 Disc
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:16 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2007 7:23 pm
Posts: 43
Ticlimax wrote:
I'm weighing the bike without, to compare how my Chinese adventure turns out compared to the likes of Rose and Canyon.


The weight sounds reasonable. My CX Di2 disc build is 7.96kg (viewtopic.php?f=10&t=148463). My frame, fork, wheelset, and tires are about 200 + 100 + 200 + 150 = 650 grams heavier than your build.

The 100 gram saddle is mostly useful for the scale. So, kind of cheating.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Chinese Di2 Disc
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:12 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2016 2:44 pm
Posts: 69
dmcgoy wrote:
Ticlimax wrote:
I'm weighing the bike without, to compare how my Chinese adventure turns out compared to the likes of Rose and Canyon.


The weight sounds reasonable. My CX Di2 disc build is 7.96kg (viewtopic.php?f=10&t=148463). My frame, fork, wheelset, and tires are about 200 + 100 + 200 + 150 = 650 grams heavier than your build.

The 100 gram saddle is mostly useful for the scale. So, kind of cheating.


You never know if your butt likes it till you try though :). It would be so great if a cheap light saddle just fits me :D.


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3

   Similar Topics   Author   Replies   Views   Last post 
There are no new unread posts for this topic. Do Roval Disc CLX 50's fit Canyon Ultimate CF SLX Disc?

in Road

dvearn

4

937

Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:32 am

hannawald View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Moots Vamoost RSL (non disc) vs Canyon Ultimate SLX CF DISC ?

in Road

rolfo

13

1836

Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:02 pm

rolfo View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. CAAD12 Disc Fram + New Campy Disc = Compatible?

[ Go to page: 1 2 ]

in Road

NewYorkNick

19

2570

Sat May 13, 2017 8:17 pm

NewYorkNick View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Litespeed T3 frames any difference disc - Non disc?

in Road

GJMadone069

1

344

Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:50 pm

sungod View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. New Specialized Disc wheel Roval 007 disc.

in Road

Slack

0

286

Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:48 pm

Slack View the latest post


All times are UTC+01:00


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: hannawald, maquisard, raisinberry777, sawyer, TobinHatesYou, Yahoo [Bot], zirxo and 38 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited