Can anyone tell me what kind of hubs these are?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

bjbbiker

by bjbbiker

Bought a bike with Enve SES 3.4s and no clue what kind of hubs these are. trying to sell them for some knight wheels with a deeper dish. thanks

https://flic.kr/p/W8ZGXE

VTR1000SP2

by VTR1000SP2

Formula

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Focus Izalco Max - 4.84kg without pedals
Cervélo Áspero - 8.28kg
Trek Madone SLR Rim - 7.73kg
Standert Triebwerk Disc - 8.47kg

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ergott

by ergott

You sure they are Enve rims? Pretty rare to have high price rims like those laced to budget hubs. Nothing wrong with the combo, but definitely not common.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

VTR1000SP2

by VTR1000SP2

ergott wrote:You sure they are Enve rims? Pretty rare to have high price rims like those laced to budget hubs. Nothing wrong with the combo, but definitely not common.

@ergott - Cervelo spec'd ENVE wheelsets with Formula hubs for some of their bikes.

Focus Izalco Max - 4.84kg without pedals
Cervélo Áspero - 8.28kg
Trek Madone SLR Rim - 7.73kg
Standert Triebwerk Disc - 8.47kg

ergott

by ergott

Ah yes. Thanks, I forgot about that.

bjbbiker

by bjbbiker

VTR1000SP2 wrote:
ergott wrote:You sure they are Enve rims? Pretty rare to have high price rims like those laced to budget hubs. Nothing wrong with the combo, but definitely not common.

@ergott - Cervelo spec'd ENVE wheelsets with Formula hubs for some of their bikes.

yup, s5, thanks.

torob

by torob

bjbbiker wrote:
Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:33 pm
Bought a bike with Enve SES 3.4s and no clue what kind of hubs these are. trying to sell them for some knight wheels with a deeper dish. thanks

Before selling these did you happen to catch the exact model number? Trying to figure out what bearings I'd need to buy for replacement parts (and whether I have any freehub changing options).

Thanks
Using Tapatalk

sfo423

by sfo423

curious to hear your opinion of the Knights (especially vs. the 3.4's).
bjbbiker wrote:
Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:33 pm

Quasidodo

by Quasidodo

The Enves SES 3.4 with Formula hubs are dreadful. Brake rub is terrible, even on speed humps(front wheel) and downward stroke on right leg(rear wheel). I had to let the Dura Ace brakes off and then bounced off the rear pillar of a black can, still managing to get through the gap. The idiot cab driver stopped to let another car turn. Bike stayed upright, I think the £6500 mantra that was going through my headf helped.For a couple of weeks they were fast and then the excellerating brake rub became constant and wouldn't allow you to kick hard, you could only accelerate slowly and consequently overcome the brake rub, giving you a pretty good top speed, but who wants that nonsense at that price. Of course, everyone else is gone in the meantime!! The real sign of how bad they were was that there were none, or almost none available the next year(2019) on Cervelo bikes.THey had an answer for every point I made and that went on for 2 hours on the phone, either lying or ignorant of the facts, I ate him and his company. I'm not proud of that, neither did I enjoy doing it, but I don't care, you won't rob me. People are trying to sell them on Gumtree for £1900 and they are not worth £500, this advert was accompanied by all the hyperbole. When you see hyperbole, avoid. I got all £6500 back. They tried to quibble and I told them where I was going next. The S5 was extraordinary and incredible to ride. I bought in February and the price had dropped to £3899 by June. Everything pointed to them trying to get rid of them.I watched every move they made and was raging before I confronted them. The reason they made such a shoddy wheel was to keep the price of a great bike down and to enhance it's image with the supposed ENVE wheelset. Con artists is what they are. They said I was the only person to complain. Having one wheel that is a problem is not good, with both failing, you've got yourself a turkey. The head mechanic was saying to me, just before I pushed the buy button my phone and he said, "you shouldn't have a problem with those wheels", very loose promise, deliberate, he knew. I haven't confronted him yet. At this point I can't remember the entire history of me watching their pricing and discovering other complaints about the wheelset, but it was very clear 2 years ago. Funnily enough, the amount of money I have now is the same as they returned to me!! ENOUGH SAID. (for the moment)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Quasidodo

by Quasidodo

Double post.