Please help with scott foil model year

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

kelih

by kelih

Hi guys, I haven't been in the cycling scene for a couple of years so I need some help. I am looking to purchase this scott foil, the seller says that the model year is 2014 but I have no idea how to verify this it looks the same as a 2012 to me. And does the 2014 have the issue with slipping seat post resolved? Also what do you think about the price of 1100€. Sorry for this stupid question but I would really appreciate your help.

Link to the bike being sold: https://www.bolha.com/rekreacija-sport/ ... scott+foil

tarmackev

by tarmackev

I believe it was 2012 or 2013, that frame under different colours was used until 2016.
We sold hundred of the older Foil and never had problems zither slipping seat posts, just make sure you use carbon paste.
Try and get it or €1000.
For what it's worth I preferred the ride of tat Foil over the current model. It was a great bike.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

kelih

by kelih

Thank you for your answer. The owner seems pretty stubborn about the price he said 1100€ is the last price. He claims the condition is very good though.

kelih

by kelih

So you think this would be an okay buy? I used to have a focus izalco 2008 and I easily put 70000km on that thing just replacing a couple of chains and sprocket sets sold it after that and the buyer is still riding it. Is the scott foil quality comparable to the focus?

p3dalfaster

by p3dalfaster

I sold my Foil 15 with a full Dura Ace Di2 build for £2100…. The old Foil is a seriously quick bike!!! It may not be the most comfortable, however it makes up for that in raw performance.

PrimO

by PrimO

kelih wrote:Hi guys, I haven't been in the cycling scene for a couple of years so I need some help. I am looking to purchase this scott foil, the seller says that the model year is 2014 but I have no idea how to verify this it looks the same as a 2012 to me. And does the 2014 have the issue with slipping seat post resolved? Also what do you think about the price of 1100€. Sorry for this stupid question but I would really appreciate your help.

Link to the bike being sold: https://www.bolha.com/rekreacija-sport/ ... scott+foil

Its a 2012 model but maybe the seller didn't buy it till 2014 (it being new old stock at the time) and hence the reason for him saying its 2014. I bought my bike in 2012 but its a 2011 model. If I were selling it I would sell it as the 2011 model.

The bike looks to be immaculate (if they are recent pictures) and in near new condition.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

kelih

by kelih

PrimO wrote:
kelih wrote:Hi guys, I haven't been in the cycling scene for a couple of years so I need some help. I am looking to purchase this scott foil, the seller says that the model year is 2014 but I have no idea how to verify this it looks the same as a 2012 to me. And does the 2014 have the issue with slipping seat post resolved? Also what do you think about the price of 1100€. Sorry for this stupid question but I would really appreciate your help.

Its a 2012 model but maybe the seller didn't buy it till 2014 (it being new old stock at the time) and hence the reason for him saying its 2014. I bought my bike in 2012 but its a 2011 model. If I were selling it I would sell it as the 2011 model.

The bike looks to be immaculate (if they are recent pictures) and in near new condition.

Is there anyway to know for sure from the serial number?