Colnago, please explain the appeal

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

Umm....
Using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Imaking20

by Imaking20

It appears the thread has attracted another troll. This one seems to have infiltrated the Colnago ranks to prove his point...

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

Credit the guy for a great sense of humor. I am going to assume it's not a photoshop job, but either way it has me laughing. Well done. :D
wheelsONfire wrote: When we ride disc brakes the whole deal of braking is just like a leaving a fart. It happens and then it's over. Nothing planned and nothing to get nervous for.

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

Using Tapatalk

glam2deaf

by glam2deaf

I dig it, but i'm just picturing it without the decals, black tape, whatever that seatpost thing is, garmin mount, and blue pedals.

Not too much to ask :wink:

eder10986

by eder10986

I like it. That's all that matters friends. Couldn't care even one tiny bit of y'all do.

Feel free to continue your colnago discussion [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wilwil

by wilwil

The appeal is definitely getting lost on me. 3 months for a warranty frame replacement.

wilwil

by wilwil

And still no sign of it

RockRabbit

by RockRabbit

When ever I show up at a local sportif, rarely does someone not mention my Colnago. My 2008 Extreme Power to this day still gets attention! Never have I heard anyone go on about any other frame manufacture in a positive light. Mostly you can hear the envy.

Once you ride a Colnago, everything else is just a nice bike.. a Colnago is an experience.

slick1

by slick1

RockRabbit wrote:Image

When ever I show up at a local sportif, rarely does someone not mention my Colnago. My 2008 Extreme Power to this day still gets attention! Never have I heard anyone go on about any other frame manufacture in a positive light. Mostly you can hear the envy.

Once you ride a Colnago, everything else is just a nice bike.. a Colnago is an experience.

^ [SMIRKING FACE] wank wank wank. Another sheeple riding a bike for the "experience".

taylorpetie

by taylorpetie

I have to admit, this is the first time I've actually fully read 11 pages of comments on any forum in a single session (I usually just skim through them). This is because I also had a genuine interest in knowing the appeal of Colango bikes (especially C60).

I don't have a Colnago, but reading the feedback from so many Colnago owners here, I am curious and I would like to test ride a Colnago C60 someday.

To the OP: Folks on this forum did answer your question. And reading through all the responses to your question, I'll try to summerize: People purchase Colnago because it's Ride Quality, Ride Experience, How the Bike Looks, and the Prestige of Brand. And to be honest, it would probably be the same reasons if you asked the same question about ANY other bike 'brand'. Everyone has different likes and dislikes, requirements and priorities. You seem to like aero bikes and other folks prefer the opposite.

To reiterate RYANH's point, you're looking for an objective answer, when in fact the question you are asking is subjective. And, seems you're stumped or angry at the price of Colnago bikes (i.e. C60). Some folks have used the car analogy here (Ferrari vs. others...), so I won't go there. And, if folks can afford them to attain ride quality, ride experience, etc.. than more power to them...and for me, if I get to test ride a Colnago one of these days, and found out that 'holy f*ck" the ride quality and expeirence is much better than the bike I have now ...than you know what, I'll probably save up for it and get one (after paying college $$ for my 2 kids -- which is interfering my quest to find a life-bike :) My current bike is fine, but not perfect (but it's probably perfect for someone else).

What's important is 'I have an open mind', when I geniunely want to know why folks prefer x, y, or z. Seems you've asked the question coming in with a predetermined mindset.

wilwil

by wilwil

I will never buy another Colnago. They treat their customers like sh*t. I finally get my C60 back after 3 months due to a warranty claim and looks like somebody has attacked it with an aerosol can. Ive only ridden it 3 times.

Sleepless

by Sleepless

What's the outcome? Can we see pictures?

mpulsiv

by mpulsiv

So what defines Colnago? http://granfondo-cycling.com/industry-v ... nago-bikes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Racing is a three-dimensional high-speed chess game, involving hundreds of pieces on the board.

:arrow: CBA = Chronic Bike Addiction
:arrow: OCD = Obsessive Cycling Disorder

fromtrektocolnago

by fromtrektocolnago

not a flash in the pan bike, well made italian bike built almost like a custom, and most importantly i do well with it, more so than my other bikes.
Colnago C-59 (Dura Ace)
Firefly(Ultegra)
Colnago C-64 disc(ultegra) with Bora 35 wheels

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com