BB386evo and seatpost recommendations?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Superannuated

by Superannuated

I've enjoyed lurking and learning here. Sorry for this mundane request for recommendations for a couple of components. Not looking for the most expensive, but for good function and fairly lightweight at a good price.

I recently ordered a 2014 BH Bikes Quartz frame, but don't have it yet. I'm in my late 60's and obviously don't race. The Quartz seemed to be relatively lightweight for an endurance frame. I have most parts for the frame except bottom bracket, seatpost and headset. I'm not sure of the headset specs yet so I'll save that question for later.

BOTTOM BRACKET
The bottom bracket shell is 386 EVO. Is the Wheels Mfg threaded 386EVO-ABEC-3 BB a good selection? Any better value in a BB? I am installing an Ultegra 6800 compact crank so I know I'll need the 24mm adapters for that BB. I am mostly concerned with smoothness, lack of creaking, bearing longevity, and ease of maintenance.

SEATPOST (carbon, 27.2mm, 25mm setback)
Any recommendations for good value with the following characteristics: clamp that holds well and is adjustable in fine increments and post that is trustworthy, comfortable and lightweight? I weigh about 84 kg (185 lb) and will have about 250 mm of post showing.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com