3T Strada aero road bike is made for wide tires and 1×12 drivetrains

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Aya

by Aya

Hmm... 1x12? It looks a little bit awkward, possibly because the different color of the biggest cog? But I'm interested in that drive train. It seems there would be no need to thinking about proper gear ratio especially when I change the chainring. I heard a rumor that Shimano had already developed 1x12 for road bikes by themselves. I wonder if it is true.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

SuperDave
in the industry

by SuperDave

romalor wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:23 pm
Zitter wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:40 pm
Stealth finish is more labor intensive hence the upcharge
Damn I should tell this OEM bike companies to charge more for unpainted matt frame than frames with colours ...
I should also tell bike brands I've tested bike for as prototypes to paint them if it's cheaper :roll:
Paint requires severals layers and then varnish
Brut matt requires filler and varnish it's lighter and cheaper
The stealth frame is indicated at the same weight than the painted one on your site , I hope this is a mistake as it would make no sense. :noidea:
The Stealth paint finish is not unpainted, in fact, it is painted with two finish processes, not just one. That's why there's a price increase. The same finish process applies to the Team frame as the Team Stealth frame. Often times you are right that matte black paint is less expensive than colors, especially the metallic and neon colors. Our Team frame uses a solid red paint with a masked painted downtube panel. The Team Stealth uses a fractionally cheaper solid black paint, then receives masking and a two-step clear coating process that preserves the matte/gloss combo better then just using gloss decals over the matte clear coat.

The frames are identical in weight published is without paint, so they are the same. You are correct that the finished weight will be slightly different but since there are no mass production Team Stealth frames to weigh, we'll just publish the accurate information we have, unlike your post which is filled with guesses and a condescending attitude. Why is that? What do you hope to gain by trying to discredit a manufacturer's employee for coming on here to provide answers to questions your fellow forum users might have?

How do the bike brands you tested prototypes for put up with your snarky comments to their products?

Merry Christmas,
SD

Global

by Global

Super Dave I’m sure for every negative person on this site there are many more of us who appreciate you and your employees sharing information with us. So thanks again for posting.
Global :)

Zak

by Zak

exactly :beerchug:

jlok

by jlok

a review that is not too positive on the control aspect...
http://granfondo-cycling.com/3t-strada-review/
Rikulau V9 DB Custom < BMC TM02 < Litespeed T1sl Disc < Giant Propel Advanced SL Disc 1 < Propel Adv < TCR Adv SL Disc < KTM Revelator Sky < CAAD 12 Disc < Domane S Disc < Alize < CAAD 10

Titusrider

by Titusrider

jlok wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2017 4:49 pm
a review that is not too positive on the control aspect...
http://granfondo-cycling.com/3t-strada-review/
Thanks for sharing, really interesting. I wonder if the descending performance was due to the flexy bars or more fundamental. Either way, hairpin descents are one of the best bits of cycling for me so I’m out.

Also nice to see someone saying there is some marking of the frame/fork from the tight clearances. I run super tight clearances like that on my fork and all the paint is long gone under the crown. It was weird to see other reviews saying it’s wasnt an issue.

romalor

by romalor

it get better review with enve handlebar and enve rims by road.cc
enve stiffer than 3t components and rims = better

jlok

by jlok

so... no real user review here?

Sent from my SM-N9500 using Tapatalk

Rikulau V9 DB Custom < BMC TM02 < Litespeed T1sl Disc < Giant Propel Advanced SL Disc 1 < Propel Adv < TCR Adv SL Disc < KTM Revelator Sky < CAAD 12 Disc < Domane S Disc < Alize < CAAD 10

jeanjacques

by jeanjacques

romalor wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:47 pm
it get better review with enve handlebar and enve rims by road.cc
Do you know any bad review from them ?

cassard

by cassard

If the Team Stealth was out when I was making my frame choice, It would've probably be a very hard choice between my Stinner and the 3T Strada. I really like the shape, the geo and the idea behind it.

I wish I could try it, because it seems like an amazing bike to ride !

morganb

by morganb

Looks like a companion crank was released today, the max chainring size being 44 makes me think that you pretty much need their cassette to use it unless SRAM has something up their sleeve with road 1x12.

C36

by C36

jlok wrote:so... no real user review here?

Sent from my SM-N9500 using Tapatalk
Should test it in the next 2-3 weeks. As soon as dealer gets the test bike in my size.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

morganb wrote:
Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:15 pm
Looks like a companion crank was released today, the max chainring size being 44 makes me think that you pretty much need their cassette to use it unless SRAM has something up their sleeve with road 1x12.
Reuben at BikeRadar just got his Open UPPER long-term review build-kit, and it came with the 3T cranks. He’s going to put it through the wringer.

C36

by C36

TobinHatesYou wrote:
morganb wrote:
Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:15 pm
Reuben at BikeRadar just got his Open UPPER long-term review build-kit, and it came with the 3T cranks. He’s going to put it through the wringer.
Edit: as pointed below I totally miss read bike radar and bike rumours #donotreplywhile walkingonthestreet :/
Sorry but Won't take any BR "review" as information with value. I do like a lot their stories on a product design, their brands offices visits, or product presentation but that stops there. Their "opinions" are either very influenced with limited "let's challenge their claims" or with a degree of technical ignorance (or if I had a sarcastic approach"sold to the brands"): their last "how Spe make the most accurate power meter in the world" was quite a caricature.
Last edited by C36 on Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

C36 wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:12 am

Sorry but Won't take any BR "review" as information with value. I do like a lot their stories on a product design, their brands offices visits, or product presentation but that stops there. Their "opinions" are either very influenced with limited "let's challenge their claims" or with a degree of technical ignorance (or if I had a sarcastic approach"sold to the brands"): their last "how Spe make the most accurate power meter in the world" was quite a caricature.
You seem to be confusing BikeRadar for BikeRumor since the former has no such article. I can assure you Reuben, Joe, Jack, Ben, etc. at BikeRadar are very objective and honest in their reviews.

Sometimes they dumb down their video content, but that’s because most viewers want dumb. Their “Top 5 MTB for 2017” style videos generate more views than say, their latest 24-hour race video.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com