Colnago 2018 - new colours?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Digger90

by Digger90

Any info (genuine please, not speculation) on new colours for C60's for 2018?

fromtrektocolnago

by fromtrektocolnago

I was kind of curious to see if Colnago would go direct mount brakes on the C-60 for 2018. It would allow wider tires. They set the stage for this with the vr-2
Colnago C-59 (Dura Ace)
Firefly(Ultegra)
Colnago C-64 disc(ultegra) with Bora 35 wheels

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

There's been some Colnago's with DM brakes on the Emirates team. Really though, I don't think DM brakes add that much, if any, more clearance than the latest standard mount brakes from Shimano (9100). Plus, do you really want anything bigger than 25mm on your nice road bike? If you do, maybe you should be considering something completely different. Disc braked "endurance" frames, whatever that means. I've been riding some 27mm Veloflex Vlanderens lately and for good pavement, I'll be choosing 24-25mm tubulars. Just wanted to try them out. Fun off road however.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

mag

by mag

C60 for 2018 with DM brakes can be seen here: http://www.cyclinside.it/web/colnago-20 ... sulla-c60/ so yes, DM brakes are coming.

LionelB

by LionelB

Calnago wrote:There's been some Colnago's with DM brakes on the Emirates team. Really though, I don't think DM brakes add that much, if any, more clearance than the latest standard mount brakes from Shimano (9100). Plus, do you really want anything bigger than 25mm on your nice road bike? If you do, maybe you should be considering something completely different. Disc braked "endurance" frames, whatever that means. I've been riding some 27mm Veloflex Vlanderens lately and for good pavement, I'll be choosing 24-25mm tubulars. Just wanted to try them out. Fun off road however.

Or on cobbles. Not a bad thing to be able to use your C60 for Paris Roubaix. But yes agree with you that fr road riding 25mm is the maximum I want.

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Totally... for Roubaix style boulders then by all means throw on the 27mm+ tires. Unfortunately, even with DM brakes, I'd be hard pressed to run that big a tire in the C60. But I suppose they could increase frame clearance as well if they're redesigning it for DM brakes.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

fromtrektocolnago

by fromtrektocolnago

Calnago wrote:There's been some Colnago's with DM brakes on the Emirates team. Really though, I don't think DM brakes add that much, if any, more clearance than the latest standard mount brakes from Shimano (9100). Plus, do you really want anything bigger than 25mm on your nice road bike? If you do, maybe you should be considering something completely different. Disc braked "endurance" frames, whatever that means. I've been riding some 27mm Veloflex Vlanderens lately and for good pavement, I'll be choosing 24-25mm tubulars. Just wanted to try them out. Fun off road however.

Not for normal riding and truth is i ride 23's on my road bike, but was thinking it would add flexibility.
Colnago C-59 (Dura Ace)
Firefly(Ultegra)
Colnago C-64 disc(ultegra) with Bora 35 wheels

Seedster

by Seedster

Mapei is coming from what i heard

micky

by micky

Some online bike shop already has it on offer.
It was posted a few weeks back.

beanbiken

by beanbiken

Seedster wrote:Mapei is coming from what i heard

Yes, available to order in Oz......

BB
BB

Coffee & carbon

PlayfromtheBrain

by PlayfromtheBrain

Wonder what the odds are of them painting a C60 in AD10 in the future? That would be slick.

dmp

by dmp

Seedster wrote:Mapei is coming from what i heard

Here's a custom one:
http://ridenicebike.com/site/2017/06/overlord-returns-france/

53x12

by 53x12

^ That's hot, really hot for a frame. Not my taste for a build, but that paint scheme is spot on.

"Marginal gains are the only gains when all that's left to gain is in the margins."

AJS914

by AJS914

The proportions on that bike look strange. I guess the rider has long legs, a short torso, and likes to sit upright. The white spacers under the stem aren't helping.

Seedster

by Seedster

I have seen the bike in person and the paint job is really magnificent. The team at Velocolour went to extraordinary lengths to give it personal touches that were modern but respectful of the era. while I am not a fan of all of the details (blue chain and white spacers...yikes), the frameset and wheels were gorgeous!!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com