Colnago 2018 - new colours?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

colnagoc59

by colnagoc59

What about direct mount brakes? UAE bikes are direct mount why not sell them to public? Strange.

SuperDomestique

by SuperDomestique

DM brakes are being tested. About half the bikes I saw at the giro with Colnago had them on.

Colours are pretty much the same as last year.

Additions are Mapei, gdcv grey and plad (UAE black red bike) we can get pink lugs and orange lugs with white logos. Have a look on our website.

Colours not on Colnago website we can also get... RSBK; RSWH; RSRD; RSRO; RSCG PLG6 gazprom

Again on our website.

We might do one more colour as a shop. Let's see. :D

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

superdx

by superdx

SuperDomestique wrote:DM brakes are being tested. About half the bikes I saw at the giro with Colnago had them on.

Colours are pretty much the same as last year.

Additions are Mapei, gdcv grey and plad (UAE black red bike) we can get pink lugs and orange lugs with white logos. Have a look on our website.

Colours not on Colnago website we can also get... RSBK; RSWH; RSRD; RSRO; RSCG PLG6 gazprom

Again on our website.

We might do one more colour as a shop. Let's see. :D

What's your store's website address?

nestornnk

by nestornnk

You can order your C60 with direct mount brakes without any extra charge

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Do you see any advantage to the DM brakes, say Shimano latest DM brakes compared to Shimanos latest 9100 standard mount brakes?
- Clearance?... Not really. If clearance was really an issue and you want to run 30mm+ tires (28's fit just fine under the standard mount 9100 calipers, I would think you'd want disc brakes over either standard or DM brakes, but I doubt the Colnago frames would tolerate 30mm+ tires in the first place, even the ones made for DM brakes... correct? I'm not sure as I haven't seen one yet. The Campagnolo SR and Record calipers don't have quite as much as the 9100 calipers, but interestingly, the newer Chorus calipers have more clearance than SR and Record.
- Stiffness: After installing a few 9100 standard mount calipers, I can't see great gains being made there from DM brakes, at least not any that would make one bit of difference. The standard mounts are very very stiff. I don't think any more would be a noticeable improvement in performance.
- Simplicity: Nothing is as simple to install and maintain as a standard mount dual pivot caliper. There are some that say the standard mount calipers are more prone to getting knocked off center. I have to wonder if those calipers are properly torqued to the frame. I tried moving my calipers off center, and it is not easy. A simple knock of the wheel during removal and install would not do this for sure. In any case, that has certainly never been an issue for my bikes. So for Shimano: 8-10Nm, Campagnolo: 10-12Nm. Check it.

I'm just having a really tough time seeing any actual real benefit to a DM brake, over the current crop of Standard mount brakes (especially the Shimano 9100). I think the brake choice these days is really between rim calipers or discs, and for the rim brakes I think I'm still preferring the standard mounts given some of the convoluted contraptions I've seen in the direct mount space... so ugly and unrefined looking and in some cases, much more finicky to set up.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

53x12

by 53x12

Is it really true Colnago is no longer making traditional geometry C60s after August?
"Marginal gains are the only gains when all that's left to gain is in the margins."

nestornnk

by nestornnk

Hi
No,they will continue producing the C60 in both sloping and traditional

53x12

by 53x12

^A Colnago dealer told me otherwise. That is why I was asking as they said Colnago was going to stop doing traditional frames. Not sure if they were BS'ing me or what.
"Marginal gains are the only gains when all that's left to gain is in the margins."

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

It's hard to say., can't remember when exactly, but I think it was as far back as the beginning of the C59 when it was rumored that the C59 would be available in even sloping sizes only. I think there was a strong sentiment by many that there was still demand for the traditional. So, instead of having all sizes still available in traditional, with even sizes being available in sloping as well, they made it so the even sizes are in sloping and the odd sizes are in traditional. Still covering the gamut of incermental sizes. But with fewer frames. For example, suppose I wanted a 60 Traditional right now. They don't make it. But the 56 sloping gets me a geometry that is almost identical to the 60T, with the exception of the sloping top tube of course. But at some point, things will change I'm sure. I haven't heard anything however, rumor or otherwise.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

micky

by micky

I remember clearly already with C59 the rumour about no more traditional frames.

carbonLORD
in the industry

by carbonLORD

Direct mount brakes are so much better to set up and never get knocked out of alignment. The new DuraAce 9100 DM calipers are the smoothest brakes Ive ever used and the reverse cam release is amazing. More aero, noticeably stiffer. Try them Calnago and you will see.
carbonLORD.com

carbonLORD
in the industry

by carbonLORD

Double post
carbonLORD.com

SuperDomestique

by SuperDomestique

I've got some of these frames in now. Similar to the orange pro team geo ones we had (I've got one 54s left, 169mm HT) but we asked Colnago to also paint the seatpost and BB lug, in part to differentiate them to our pro team ones, of which only 3 were available, and also because we thought it would look cool. 8)

These are all standard headtube height now, got some dual, some electronic.

Zakalwe

by Zakalwe

Glad I got my 57T in if those rumours are true, but I doubt it somehow.

Cycleright

by Cycleright

Also new is the Purple with gloss tubes PLOD colourway. It’s been specially designed by Windwave (The UK distributor) and Le Col (Clothing Brand) for the UK Colnago Owners day.
We will have these in shortly.

ImageColnago C60 PLOD by neilrmartin, on Flickr

Link to you tube video below

https://youtu.be/zP8coFf3pCc

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com