Specialized Tarmac Expert weight question

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Xkomo

by Xkomo

Hi all!

I am wondering how much does the the new tarmac expert weighs...
I could not find this kind of info about any specialized bike.
Many write that Spesh are quite heavy but their riding character is perfect. I generally love Scott bikes but between the addict and the tarmac expert I can not decide yet. Weight would be one factor to decide.

So does any one own this bike and knows its weight?
Thanks!

Στάλθηκε από το SM-T560 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Drizzle

by Drizzle

Was also looking for this.. i'll follow this one!

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

I would estimate without pedals a 56cm will weigh between 15.5-15.7lbs (7-7.1kg)

morganb

by morganb

TobinHatesYou wrote:I would estimate without pedals a 56cm will weigh between 15.5-15.7lbs (7-7.1kg)

This seems to be on the very low end. I'd put it more like high 16s. My SL5 Pro with 1360g wheels, 9070, and carbon bars/stem/post is 15.5 with pedals. No way an ultegra build with alloy bars and heavier wheels is going to be sub 16.

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

Add 400g for Ultegra mechanical, 300g for wheels, 200g for carbon post/bars, subtract 300g for pedals, subtract 100g for frame weight. So 16lbs maybe?

Drizzle

by Drizzle

Does anyone has had his sl6 expert on the scale yet?

Stickman

by Stickman

I'm also eagerly awaiting local stock of the SL6 Expert, it's right on my AUD$5000 budget and am really keen to give it a test ride

morganb

by morganb

After seeing the less than realistic weights of the S-Works models, I'm hoping that the Expert frame is essentially identical. I know that this was the case with the Pro/Expert models in the SL5. The teal/black paint is my favorite and I would rather have that if the weight is close.

Stickman

by Stickman

morganb wrote:After seeing the less than realistic weights of the S-Works models, I'm hoping that the Expert frame is essentially identical. I know that this was the case with the Pro/Expert models in the SL5. The teal/black paint is my favorite and I would rather have that if the weight is close.

The teal/black reminds me of choc mint, not sure whether I'd prefer that or the black with pink lettering, bling it up with pink bottle cages and pink bar tape :D

I can't wait to test ride one, I love the look of the dropped seat stays, but those colour options are not what I'd choose personally

morganb

by morganb

Stickman wrote:
morganb wrote:After seeing the less than realistic weights of the S-Works models, I'm hoping that the Expert frame is essentially identical. I know that this was the case with the Pro/Expert models in the SL5. The teal/black paint is my favorite and I would rather have that if the weight is close.

The teal/black reminds me of choc mint, not sure whether I'd prefer that or the black with pink lettering, bling it up with pink bottle cages and pink bar tape :D

I can't wait to test ride one, I love the look of the dropped seat stays, but those colour options are not what I'd choose personally

Mint chocolate chip was my favorite icecream when I was a kid. But to be honest I think I am digging that color because I ordered a Gunnar in a mint/tealish color this spring, then realized after delivery that they offer amazing fade paint jobs and kind of want to make up for it by having at least one fade bike. On the other hand I do have hot pink Supacaz tape that is waiting for the right bike.

rsantos450

by rsantos450

7.4 KG with pedals and botle cage.

morganb

by morganb

rsantos450 wrote:7.4 KG with pedals and botle cage.

Did you get one?

rsantos450

by rsantos450

Is going to be available only in February in Portugal in size 49, but the store sell one 56 size.

Swannie

by Swannie

rsantos450 wrote:7.4 KG with pedals and botle cage.

My s works sl6 is 7.2 with force group.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com