Trek Émonda 2018

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
jeffy

by jeffy

i see they are not using the bar end jbox. pity there isn't a domane /madone style control box in the downtube.

by Weenie

hlvd

by hlvd

Loving the new Trek xxx theme of black with subtle red accenting.
I really can't figure out why Trek are so unfashionable with all the great stuff they produce, fantastic quality, love mine!!

bilwit

by bilwit

hlvd wrote:Loving the new Trek xxx theme of black with subtle red accenting.
I really can't figure out why Trek are so unfashionable with all the great stuff they produce, fantastic quality, love mine!!

I'd give the Madone 9 a serious look if they let you customize just the frameset :x The only high-end bikes I see around here are Dogmas and Tarmacs

hlvd

by hlvd

bilwit wrote:

I'd give the Madone 9 a serious look if they let you customize just the frameset :x The only high-end bikes I see around here are Dogmas and Tarmacs

I'm sure your Trek dealer could arrange that just for a frameset.

enasnI

by enasnI

bilwit wrote:

What do you mean with "customize"?

There will be a cheaper Madone 9 complete bike using a usually stem and handlebar, but the rest of the Madones will stay as they are.

But hopefully the new spacer, which makes the usage of a normal stem possible, will be avaible for the aftermarket.

bilwit

by bilwit

enasnI wrote:
bilwit wrote:

What do you mean with "customize"?

There will be a cheaper Madone 9 complete bike using a usually stem and handlebar, but the rest of the Madones will stay as they are.

But hopefully the new spacer, which makes the usage of a normal stem possible, will be avaible for the aftermarket.

I mean having the Project One paintjob options but just the frameset & integrated goodies.

hlvd wrote:
bilwit wrote:

I'm sure your Trek dealer could arrange that just for a frameset.

hmm

glam2deaf

by glam2deaf

Project one should allow for frame only options. Right now there are the following options:

Madone 9 Series Frameset
Emonda SLR Frameset
Domane SLR Frameset
Domane SLR Disc Frameset
Silque SLR Frameset
Speed Concept 9 Series Frameset

Geordiepaul

by Geordiepaul

glam2deaf wrote:Project one should allow for frame only options. Right now there are the following options:

Madone 9 Series Frameset
Emonda SLR Frameset
Domane SLR Frameset
Domane SLR Disc Frameset
Silque SLR Frameset
Speed Concept 9 Series Frameset

They do. You can buy a project one frameset only

jeffy

by jeffy

spartan wrote:56cm H1 Previous Émonda SLR 690g

New Émonda SLR 640g

New Émonda SLR Disc 665g

considering that even the large version of the seat mast is very much sub 190g.... :P

Bjobjo

by Bjobjo

Thenuge

by Thenuge

Sexy. I think the 2018 SLR 6 is in my future.

Thenuge

by Thenuge

Damn. The 2018 ALR 6 is cheaper AND nicer. That's a damn good buy.

https://www.trekbikes.com/us/en_US/bike ... Code=black

jimmerjohn123

by jimmerjohn123

The design changes are only on the SLR series emonda. SL still has the old frame design. Does Trek trickle down those changes? Maybe next year?

by Weenie

jeffy

by jeffy

disappointing color schemes. though the 2018 SLR frameset looks to be $1000 cheaper than the 2017